Oct 10 2012
By: tmoethay First Son 25 posts

Get by with a little help from my friends...

[ Edited ]
9 replies 318 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

I lost my hard drive which I had not backed up recently on my old 40GB ps3 which was not backed up (my own fault) so I had to start fresh on my new ps3 and was looking for a little assistance from some of my fellow GT5 fans. I am hoping to find someone who can let me use one of their chapparal 2j Fan cars to beat the historical races which have been irritating me to death (Cote d'Azure in specific). Any help would be greatly appreciated guys feel free to add me on psn Tmoethay Thank You in advance and maybe we can race a few laps some time  

Message 1 of 10 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: Get by with a little help from my friends...

Oct 10, 2012

tmoethay wrote:

I lost my hard drive which I had not backed up recently on my old 40GB ps3 which was not backed up (my own fault) so I had to start fresh on my new ps3 and was looking for a little assistance from some of my fellow GT5 fans. I am hoping to find someone who can let me use one of their chapparal 2j Fan cars to beat the historical races which have been irritating me to death (Cote d'Azure in specific). Any help would be greatly appreciated guys feel free to add me on psn Tmoethay Thank You in advance and maybe we can race a few laps some time  

Welcome to the Playstation Forums.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, sounds like you know now to backup. Great Idea.

Anyway, I've added you to my PKR_SWERVGRIFFIN account, where I have a Chapparal 2J on share, as well as the Ferrari 330P4, the Ford GT40 Mark IV , and the Miura. there is also a Pickup on there for the Truck races. Let me know if you need any other cars added, I'll switch some cars out for you.

Good luck in your rebuilding, and once again, Welcome to the Forum.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 2 of 10 (304 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Thank you very much Swerv that is a huge help! I have been registered for a few years on here now and poke around every once in a while and have always seen the will to help and am now on the receiving end of it!

Message 3 of 10 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 11, 2012
This may sound odd but how do you backup your ps3? Just wondering if I can use a external hard drive or is there another way?
Message 4 of 10 (243 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Oct 11, 2012

You can use a external hard drive, USB stick or PS+ to back up your game.  Look at the "Help" if you have a problem in the blue stickie at the top of the forum page. 

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 5 of 10 (234 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45107 posts

Oct 11, 2012

critlong420 wrote:
This may sound odd but how do you backup your ps3? Just wondering if I can use a external hard drive or is there another way?

This will depend on exactly how much of your PS3 that you want to back-up.

Do you want to back up everything or just your progress files?

Message 6 of 10 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 11, 2012
I'm not really sure, I have been thinking about it lately cause I have the old 80gb that I purchased back in 2008 and I'm worried that it is getting kinda old and I would really hate for it to crash or quit and I loose everything, in your opinion what all would I need to backup and save so that if It were to crash I could put everything on a new one
Message 7 of 10 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Oct 11, 2012

All you really need is your actual gamesave file. You will have to re-install Gran Turismo 5 anyway, so it's not all that important to back up the installed files. Also, any Replays you might want, but that's about it.  

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 8 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45107 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Your progress files are gold, since they contain the results of all of your playing effort.

DLC that you paid for should all be waiting for you to download again, although there may be limits on how many times you can do that (not sure).

Otherwise, go through your hard drive inventory and sort it out, save what you want delete what you don't need, then maintain your archives properly from that point on.

Message 9 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
16 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Cool thanks for the help guys I appreciate it
Message 10 of 10 (163 Views)
0 Likes