Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

Re: GT6 will most likely be on PS4 (not quoting anyone, just a guess)

Feb 7, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:

Sorry, folks, but I'm old school. I have a 24" CRT, and I LOVE how GT5 looks on it. When I go to the store and see the new high def tv's, it hurts my eyes to look at them.

As far as the GT6 coming out on the PS3, I will agree with what has been said. Or at least as far as my feelings about it taking so long for 5 to come out, that I don't see 6 taking less time, ergo it will be on the new system.

Me buying a PS4?..... Don't make me laugh. I didn't get a 3 until it went under $300, and I saved for a year to do that! Saving for GT5 took another couple of months!

SHDTV? Wwweeeeellllll, if they didn't waste the time developing it FULLY, but made it a patch later (they CAN do that, duh!) I would be intrigued.

More tracks..... Hmmmm.... I have wanted GT 1-4 on the PS3. If we could make movies of roads we like, import them as low res GT1 tracks, get people to run them and like them enough to be upgraded, then liked more and upgraded more........ That would take a lot of development out of the picture. :smileywink:

But, that's an insane dream so don't tell me it is.......

I like the idea that the anouncement, whatever it may be, is coming on the 20th. I will be interested to wait and see.

Anxiously awaiting!

CRTs don't even dispaly all of the data in GT5. That's been known for over 2 years. To each their own. I just bought a 24" Side-Lit Samsung 1080P TV/Monitor tonight of $200 with a 2 year warranty. I'll have a second monior/display to use with my PC and second(of 3 ) PS3.I get tired of switching between Inputs when I have both PS3s in my GRIFFIN Den on at the same time.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 101 of 142 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4090 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I will have to expand what boards I look at...... :smileywink:
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... :smileywink:
Message 102 of 142 (251 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41968 posts

Feb 9, 2013

It's looking more and more definite that this will be a a PS4 announcement:

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/02/07/ps4-to-release-end-of-2013-at-400-with-gaika...

http://www.shopto.net/news/41865/Rumour-PS4-will-launch-in-2013-in-Japan-uses-Gakai-Tech/

So, if backward compatibility will be an issue, what makes this interesting for GT players is Gaikai could be used to host the older GT releases.

Message 103 of 142 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3554 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

I'm surprised this thread isn't being posted in today.  All the speculations of dissussions that was going on in this thread of GT6 and what a new Playstation will be like.  Here we are...Feburary 20th, the big announcement day we were all talking about and this thread is more dead than a rat in a trap.  LOL

So I saw an article that pretty much indicates the PS4 won't be anything too spectacular.  Hardware upgrades obviously but nothing revolutionary.  Again, still speculation till later today but something to read till then.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 104 of 142 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I'm pretty excited.  The only thing I'm a bit worried about is Sony stuffing 10lbs of sugar in a 5lbs bag.   Needs better cooling than the PS3 has. 

Pretty sure well be seeing some GT6 news as well.  Rumor mill is churnin! 

Maybe a new Metal Gear Solid for launch?  Who knows.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 105 of 142 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Feb 20, 2013

The rumored approx. $400 price point is a bit of a shock... But perhaps PD will do what PD does best, and take so long to get GT6 ready that the PS4 will have dropped down to closer to the $300 point before GT6 ships!

I only pray that the GT5 servers stay up for at least a year after GT6 comes out. I don't like the idea of having to buy the 1st gen PS4 (what 1st gen Playstation has ever been that good?!) just to race online...

Message 106 of 142 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
953 posts

Feb 20, 2013

If all looks well and sounds kosher in regards to any new console announcement and what it will offer. My money is already saved and will cover what the unit will cost. I have never, ever purchased something new when it comes to a whole new design, specs, and potential bug problems.

But I will be listening very carefully and at the same time consider the opinions here in the forum as to my final first time decision on a purchase. Hope this turns out really good because I am excited with anticipation! If doesn't sound too good. Then like last time with the PS3. I will wait a whole year and look for the issues(bugs) that come out of the woodwork.

Zoom, Zoom!

" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Message 107 of 142 (168 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41968 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

I'm surprised this thread isn't being posted in today.

Guessing what PD will do is really difficult, especially this time because new hardware is in the middle between GT releases at a point where it can go either way. However, regardless of what a heavy hitter GT is, the PS3 still needs new software for a few years, so my hope still lies with it. SONY only has so many options with first releases, though.

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

So I saw an article that pretty much indicates the PS4 won't be anything too spectacular.  Hardware upgrades obviously but nothing revolutionary.  Again, still speculation till later today but something to read till then.

That is probably a good thing. What it means in the end is that the success depends now more on the software, network and services provided, as it should be. It takes the hardware out of the equation more.

Message 108 of 142 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

Noticing your sig card, MastrGT... I'm kinda hoping that PCARS waits for the PS4. It will be very disappointing to see how good it looks on PC, but how they are probably going to have to nerf it to similar to S2U to get it to run on the PS3. Wait a few more months (both Shift games, especially S2U, needed considerable fixing after release), use the better GPU in the PS4, less work to do!

Edit... Seems your sig card changes all the time. I was refering to the 'PCARS coming to PS3 in 2013' overlay it just had...

Message 109 of 142 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
953 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Speaking of Project Cars,  yesterday I went to the site and it is getting ready to be released in all platforms minus any PS4. So forget about it waiting to be released for SONY's potential new console. Which I too hope it looks good for the PS3. But it probably will not. Take F1 2012 for instance. It looks far better on the X Box than on the PS3. Why it looks less stellar on the PS3 I have no clue.

But more than likely it will be the same with Project Cars....Bummer!

Zoom, Zoom !

" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Message 110 of 142 (141 Views)
0 Likes