Feb 01 2013
By: tguns16 Gaming Beast 2089 posts

GT6 will most likely be on PS4 (not quoting anyone, just a guess)

141 replies 642 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

Check this link. It looks like the PS4 could be coming soon. (not too soon) I would only imagine the next GT title will be released on the PS4.  What do you guys think? 

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/31/ps4-playstation-meeting-2013-announce-heralds-big-news-from-sony/com...

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 1 of 142 (642 Views)
MVP Support
45314 posts

Re: GT6 will most likely be on PS4 (not quoting anyone, just a guess)

Feb 1, 2013

I have a bet with Jordan, from GTP, that it won't.

He thinks it will.

I just don't see how it would be possible, unless SONY puts everything on hold for too many years.

Won't happen.

Message 2 of 142 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 1, 2013

The video they released with the news has Playstation symbols in it.  Are there any other devices coming out for playstation?  Would make sense for them to announce it now if it's coming out December 2013 or January 2014.   Maybe with GT6 as a console package deal?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 142 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2089 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Since I just had to buy a new PS3 recently, I wouldn't mind it being released on the ps3. If it does end up coming out for PS4, I might have to save up for the new console. Guess I could start now though right?
 photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 4 of 142 (615 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45314 posts

Feb 1, 2013

tguns16 wrote:
I might have to save up for the new console. Guess I could start now though right?

You got it. It can't hurt.

Message 5 of 142 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Feb 1, 2013

The time between GT4 & GT5 if I'm not mistaken was four and a half years or 5 ? I would certainly expect to see GT6 Prologue to hold us over until GT6 for PS4. And that's not a bad thing. Think of what we as a community did with GT5 Prologue for 2 years. Please take some time, work it through, see what the users are "really " looking for in the next installment and drop a game that blows us all away.

PD you know you can. And why wouldn't you.

Message 6 of 142 (587 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Feb 1, 2013

This made me sit up and take notice. There are so many options that it could be. From PS4 to a new multi-media system. OR maybe Sony is joining forces with someone eles. MAYBE they bought out Logitech. (Not likely) Will keep a eye on this one.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 142 (585 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I signed up for the notices. To be honest though i'm hoping the next GT installment is also on PS3.

I've had my 160 GB Fat for just over 3 years and still haven't gotten my money's worth. Wouldn't be close to being able to afford a nex-gen console. Still have a lot of games to play and tons of HD movies to watch. Thank God I took the time to platinum GT5; my only platinum.

I'm in your corner on that bet MastrGT Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 142 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

Feb 1, 2013

bamboo4wt wrote:

The time between GT4 & GT5 if I'm not mistaken was four and a half years or 5 ? I would certainly expect to see GT6 Prologue to hold us over until GT6 for PS4. And that's not a bad thing. Think of what we as a community did with GT5 Prologue for 2 years. Please take some time, work it through, see what the users are "really " looking for in the next installment and drop a game that blows us all away.

PD you know you can. And why wouldn't you.

So are we going to be playing GT6 Prologue on a PS3?  We played GT5 Prologue on the console the finished product (GT5) was designed to run on.

So here is my thinking, and anyone feel free to jump in with thoughts I haven't thought of.  (and that's a lot of 'thinking and thoughts' for one sentence.  LOL )

If PD is making GT6 to be played on a PS4, then PD knows what the specs are for a new console and designing the new game around it.  Better graphics card, processor, RAM, etc etc.  So if a prologue is to be released for the PS3 then that would be dumbed down in order for it to even play on the lower specs of the PS3.

Now, on the other hand, if PD is working on GT6 without knowing anything of a new console nor it's specs, then it would stand to reason the only specs they have to go by to make sure the game can even be played, is the specs for the PS3 console.  In which means we don't have to wait for a PS4 to play it, and if we did, the game would run and graphically look the same as GT5.  Unless of course Sony announces a new console and it's specs in the middle of PD's development of GT6, then PD has to revamp major aspects of the game for the new console that delays it even longer.  No wonder why we waited so long for GT5.

Of course all I've said above is just thoughts that came to mind without knowing any real facts.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 9 of 142 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Beelzebub, I was really after the fact  that  I doubt the PS3 had reached it's limits with GT5. I would say the capability's were stretched trying to incorporate 1000+ cars and several other aspects that were not really  needed. A Prologue version of  GT6 is likely a reality.

Even if it is lacking in certain aspects of the final product ,don't you want a little taste? Come on man, if the candy man is handing out samples of what might be the new flavor are you going to say no thanks? What if he's looking for input?  When I went from one to three restaurants I used a food truck to establish the " excitement level" in a given area you know, give em a little taste! This built so much hype that when a brick and mortar store was established the line was out the door.  I asume you get the metaphor, and how it applies.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"  CHEERS!!

Message 10 of 142 (559 Views)