Oct 26 2013
By: Cobra1 VP of Gaming 30083 posts
Accepted Solution

GT6 on PS4?

14 replies 2091 views Edited Oct 26, 2013

I'm guessing my answer is "probably not" but I can't seem to find any decent information at this point about Playstation 4.  

Will the PS4 play PS3 games out of the box?  If so, will GT6 work with PS4?

Fastest Grandma In GT
Message 1 of 15 (2,091 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4926 posts

Re: GT6 on PS4?

Oct 26, 2013

Probably not.  Some other games are issuing different editions for PS3 and PS4 (eg. Assassins Creed IV, NFS Rivals).  Based on that, it seems that PS4 wont play PS3 games.

Even if it did work on the PS4, I suspect you might only be able to play online with other PS4 users.

Message 2 of 15 (2,086 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45415 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Not according to history. They may have a PS4-based prologue in the future, but I can't see them porting a GT over to new hardware. That just isn't what they do.

Message 3 of 15 (2,049 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30083 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Thanks for confirming what I was already thinking, especially with the already announced GT4 upgradable titles coming out.  Looks like I can save some money by not buying new hardware for now.  Smiley Happy

Fastest Grandma In GT
Message 4 of 15 (2,034 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45415 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Until I see some of the other functions that the new console is capable of doing, it is hard to justify buying with the current PS4 game selection. I probably will get one next year, certainly not right now.

Message 5 of 15 (2,031 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Oct 26, 2013

The PS4 is Not Backward capable to play PS3 games.

Noe Ps3 game disc will work on the PS4.

PS3 gaming will be available to the PS4 through a Subscription Game Streaming service provided by Gaikai

What is Gaikai Game Streaming?

The Game itself is running on the remote service.

Your Device.. Is your Viewing Window, and Player Input peripheral. buttons, Joypad, tilt, motion sensors..

Using an Interent connection, you See on your Device the Screen View of the Game being played.

you use your device to send your input from the device back to the Streaming Server. 

So you don't download any Code, no game program..   

You're just running a Viewer that Displays the Game Screen on your Device.

In this way Gaikai can have hardware emulation of the PS3 and run any PS3 game, PS1 game, PS2 game, even PC games can be made available. 

The Game runs on Gaikai's hardware,  you just get a video stream to see whats happening.

Smart phones, Tablets, PC's, the PS4 will have be able to connect to Gaikai so you can play the game on any compatible device.

But...  Since Gt5, GT6 are racing type games, where the slightest bit of input Lag affects the play ability of the game. 

I don't think you could play it remotley.. 

but that's just my opinion..  
In theroy, and maybe in Demo..  One user, minimal lag, it's could be possible..

but a million users, all at once,  there is going to be LAG issues...  

Message 6 of 15 (2,018 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 28, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

Until I see some of the other functions that the new console is capable of doing, it is hard to justify buying with the current PS4 game selection. I probably will get one next year, certainly not right now.

^^^^^  This.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 7 of 15 (1,956 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

Oct 28, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

I just cancelled my PS4 order at EB Games, and switched the deposit over to GT6. I'll wait until DriveClub is released.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 8 of 15 (1,934 Views)
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Oct 30, 2013
But, the plus for us gt or nothing fans is Kaz saved us from forking out large amounts of bucks just to play one game. We'll have two great games on the same system.
Then on the other hand it may be Kaz's way of getting Sony back for makeing him release 5 early. They can't use 6 as a flagship for ps4.
What every it is us poor falk are happy.

Now if Sony would pull there head out so they can see, they would let us play are old games on there new box without us having to fork more money over. I'm going to run out of forks this way! Plus it's only the games they want us to play. Bets my ps1 NHRA game isn't there.

Rant over, sorry. Smiley Sad
Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 9 of 15 (1,871 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5626 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Yea, I have thought about that. Only the MOST popular games will be on share.... if at all.....
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 15 (1,860 Views)
0 Likes