First Son
8 posts

Re: GT6: Initial Comments, Recommendations & Tips

Dec 28, 2013

No, instant gratification is not getting out of hand.  It's the fact that PD put out a product....half completed!  It has absolutely nothing to do with SONY...SONY is free of blame on this one.  I bought the PS3 version of the game...not the new PS4 version.

More to the point, Chaos and I are pointing out that you wouldn't buy a new car, only to be able to drive it a month or two later.  Same thing goes here, you don't spend $64 (after tax obviously) for a game to only HALF-work...you have expectations of it fully working without any problems.  And it IS a reasonable expectation to have.  And yes, I do understand that there are going to be updates, when it comes to PS3 and PS4 games.  Not sure why things are so damned difficult to write since the advent of PS3, but how many of you had to download updates to GT1 - GT4??  Anyone??

PD is quickly starting to look like other big-name companies that do this kind of crap!  GT4 was only half-done...and they completely scrapped the online portion of the game shortly before they launched it.  Yep, they were trying so damned hard to bring online play with GT4, that they reset launch dates like they changed their underwear!  Until they finally launched it....and to date, it is probably the best of the series, as far as campaign mode goes.

Yes, I have a slower internet connection due to monetary constraints.  I merely wanted my son, whom has been a fan since he was 2 (he used to "play" along side dad after GT4 came out), to be able to enjoy one of the best Driving Simulators ever created for gaming consoles.

At this point, my opinion of GT6, is that it is what GT5 SHOULD have been...with one minor change.  In GT5, if you so much as dared to THINK about going off the track, you were in the ruhbarb...picking brush out of your grills, and leaves out from your wipers.  In GT6, it's as though PD reverted back to the days of GT1.  WTH??

I know a LOT of people bitched about GT5's off-track ice-capades, however, reverting back to GT1 in terms of off-track physics, isn't there a way to call a happy medium?  Like, let's say, somewhere along the lines of GT4's off-track physics??

Otherwise, I like the way PD made the home screen have EVERYTHING at your reach....no more having to go out to the top of the menus, and choose arcade....now it is ALL from the same menu....Campaign AND Arcade.  The new menus, and the layout are nice...maybe someone can show me where the USED CAR LOT is located?  WTH?  Why was it removed??  Or was it??  Was it renamed, and I'm simply missing something??

Aside from my caveats, the only truly disappointing thing is the disconcerting trend PD is headed towards.  AND, I wish they would get the off-track physics down....geezus....yes, driving off-track is suppose to be super-tricky....not ice skating...but at least a dramatic drop in traction would be nice.

And on the final note....to those 21 or so people that have given me a -21 Star-Rating....I am truly LMAO!!  You really think I givec two rats arses what you think about me, or the posts I write?  It isn't for you to like or dislike.  However, I love the fact that you all took the time to give me your centermost attention for those negative likes!!  Smiley Happy

Message 391 of 667 (474 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44794 posts

Dec 28, 2013

Eirikr_Raudi wrote:

And on the final note....to those 21 or so people that have given me a -21 Star-Rating....I am truly LMAO!!  You really think I givec two rats arses what you think about me, or the posts I write?  It isn't for you to like or dislike.  However, I love the fact that you all took the time to give me your centermost attention for those negative likes!!  Smiley Happy

We don't have negative likes, you actually got one kudo, so what are you going on about this time?

Message 392 of 667 (474 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4676 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

Eirikr_Raudi wrote:

We don't have negative likes, you actually got one kudo, so what are you going on about this time?

What he's going on about is that a moderator called "StarPower-21" deleted some text from his post.  Just 1 moderator, not 21 people.

Oh and in case he's really looking for the Used Car Lot, it's not there because all the cars that were in it are now available in the one Dealership.  I hope he likes that.

Message 393 of 667 (469 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1132 posts

Dec 28, 2013
Your analogy is bad because no one will buy car with " promised features ". For those who paid attention.. PD laid it out before the game was sold in stores . You did not have to buy it but you did.. Who's fault? (Shrug)

aka smokeethetire
Message 394 of 667 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4676 posts

Dec 28, 2013

anjen wrote:

MazdaRX713B-REW wrote:

Lastly, why can't the game has  Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive to choose, when purchasing new car?  This is an international game, where alot of Japanese sports cars are LHD in North America.  Like the Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7, Nissan GT-R, all are RHD only.  Should let the player choose between LHD or RHD, as one of the main purpose is to build your own car in this game. 

I have to agree, it would be awfully nice if PD provided a left-hand setup. I realize it's a Japanese game, and that like England and a tiny handful of other countries, Japan drives on the wrong side of the road Smiley Wink,  but many of us, in fact most of us in the rest of the world don't. I kinda doubt that participating in a race at a huge number of the venues offered would require (or even allow) the right-hand wheel setups that dominate the game. 

The problem of course, is that so much of the animation is right-hand position based, so it could require extensive work to make it suitable for both worlds. In any case, it would be awesome if they ever did. If they don't, I'll keep on playing, but it does seem a bit one sided and a bit biased as a result. I wonder if the leaderboards would change were those of us who are used to the left able to drive "normally". It DOES make a difference.

Roughly 65% of countries drive on the right, 35% drive on the left.   Was just curious.

Message 395 of 667 (465 Views)
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Dec 28, 2013

OzDaddy62 wrote:

anjen wrote:

MazdaRX713B-REW wrote:

Lastly, why can't the game has  Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive to choose, when purchasing new car?  This is an international game, where alot of Japanese sports cars are LHD in North America.  Like the Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7, Nissan GT-R, all are RHD only.  Should let the player choose between LHD or RHD, as one of the main purpose is to build your own car in this game. 

I have to agree, it would be awfully nice if PD provided a left-hand setup. I realize it's a Japanese game, and that like England and a tiny handful of other countries, Japan drives on the wrong side of the road Smiley Wink,  but many of us, in fact most of us in the rest of the world don't. I kinda doubt that participating in a race at a huge number of the venues offered would require (or even allow) the right-hand wheel setups that dominate the game. 

The problem of course, is that so much of the animation is right-hand position based, so it could require extensive work to make it suitable for both worlds. In any case, it would be awesome if they ever did. If they don't, I'll keep on playing, but it does seem a bit one sided and a bit biased as a result. I wonder if the leaderboards would change were those of us who are used to the left able to drive "normally". It DOES make a difference.

Roughly 65% of countries drive on the right, 35% drive on the left.   Was just curious.

Oops. My bad. I was using the terminology upside down.

In terms of my post, Right means left, left means right. I sit on the left side when driving in the USA, which is where my confuzzled comment comes from. Point being, roughly 2:1 people drive like I do, sitting on the left side of the car when in the driver's position. I can't imagine having to drive irl in Brtiain, Japan or Australia (or any of the others who adopted Britains' standard). I'm sure I'd get used to it after a while (irl), just as I have to some degree in the game, but it's not nearly what I'd consider "normal", and I still find myself clipping things with my car's right corner ingame that were I driving with my "normal" setup (wheel on left) I'd never do. There is a palpable difference in having the perspective shifted from the left (normal) seat to the right (weird and organically foerign to me), and arguably, it *is a handicap for those of us used to driving like 2/3 of the world drives when it comes to "world" events like seasonal time trials.

But, in PD's defense, as I noted, the complications in changing the animations probably is the hinge point for it not being included. Interior view changes wouldn't be quite as difficult as the driving perspective and playnack issues. Interior changes would just require a simple flip of the interior view with the gauges reflipped locally to their object origins (ex: center of a circle)  to preserve the correct "read".

It *would be nice though. 

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 396 of 667 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4676 posts

Dec 28, 2013

anjen wrote: 

In terms of my post, Right means left, left means right. I sit on the left side when driving in the USA, which is where my confuzzled comment comes from. Point being, roughly 2:1 people drive like I do, sitting on the left side of the car when in the driver's position. I can't imagine having to drive irl in Brtiain, Japan or Australia (or any of the others who adopted Britains' standard). I'm sure I'd get used to it after a while (irl), just as I have to some degree in the game, but it's not nearly what I'd consider "normal", and I still find myself clipping things with my car's right corner ingame that were I driving with my "normal" setup (wheel on left) I'd never do. There is a palpable difference in having the perspective shifted from the left (normal) seat to the right (weird and organically foerign to me), and arguably, it *is a handicap for those of us used to driving like 2/3 of the world drives when it comes to "world" events like seasonal time trials. 

I consider myself an ambidextrous driver, learnt sitting on the right, driving on left of road, later adapted to sitting on the left and driving on the right. 

Driving is not so bad.  Being a passenger can be more off-putting.  There you are daydreaming out the window and the driver suddenly takes the car where your instinct says it has no business going.  Or when your just-visiting brother-in-law turns into oncoming traffic!  Smiley Surprised

Message 397 of 667 (448 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Dec 28, 2013
I would like to see if anyone has been abke to get gold in the Goodwood Festival of Speed 5-3 with a wireless controller? There is one person I found on youtube, but he uses the G25 steering wheel. I can't get closer to the gold 31 seconds than 33:438 with my controller and that's after a couple weeks of trying all different settings offered. I have been playing these games for years, they are my favorite. It has never taken me this long to get gold on anything. I'm not one of the best drivers, but I'm good. Still..... So has anyone of you got gold on 5-3?
Message 398 of 667 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

OzDaddy62 wrote:
I consider myself an ambidextrous driver, learnt sitting on the right, driving on left of road, later adapted to sitting on the left and driving on the right. 

Driving is not so bad.  Being a passenger can be more off-putting.  There you are daydreaming out the window and the driver suddenly takes the car where your instinct says it has no business going.  Or when your just-visiting brother-in-law turns into oncoming traffic!  Smiley Surprised

Oh, I didn't even think of that. I get queasy just  watching some of the driving they do on Top Gear when they're at home. Can't imagine being stuck in the passenger seat. Methinks my foot would be doing the firewall thump like a snare drum roll.

EDIT: oh, and one more detail from the wiki post:

"About 90% of the world's total road distance carries traffic on the right and 10% on the left."

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 399 of 667 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Dec 28, 2013

SEATTLESxFINEST wrote:
I would like to see if anyone has been abke to get gold in the Goodwood Festival of Speed 5-3 with a wireless controller? There is one person I found on youtube, but he uses the G25 steering wheel. I can't get closer to the gold 31 seconds than 33:438 with my controller and that's after a couple weeks of trying all different settings offered. I have been playing these games for years, they are my favorite. It has never taken me this long to get gold on anything. I'm not one of the best drivers, but I'm good. Still..... So has anyone of you got gold on 5-3?

Somehow I managed to get it.....  Had controller sensitivity to 6 and left the driving line on, other than that I didn't change a thing for that challenge. Slow down a bit early in the 3 spots you have to brake and coast till you can get on the throttle, flat out on the straights and learn your max speed at the apexes. Good luck, it can be done.

Photobucket
Message 400 of 667 (435 Views)