Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Re: GT6: Initial Comments, Recommendations & Tips

Dec 14, 2013

Well I found that the headlights are excellent if I'm driving an Anniversary GTR.  More than adequate at Le Sarthe.

I've never been a fan of Chrysler products.  I had a Dodge van once that I couldn't wait to get rid of. Then while I still a police officer one year we got Dodge Aspens for patrol vehicles.  The $#@@&*** things were death traps. I refused to get involved in car chases with it.  While those cars were in service, and before I transferred to detectives, there was one Ford LTD with the police package left on the lot.  All the rookies and many Sergeants knew to leave my LTD alone.  Nice to know that not much has changed.  Being cheap, well frugal, I used the Viper for the Internatioanl American Chapionship.  Of all of the high powered cars I have ever driven in the GT series that was the most skitish and poorly handling car I have ever driven.  Not trying to insult Viper fans but that one will remain in my garage.

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 271 of 667 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Dec 14, 2013

stang65 wrote:

Also, what's up with the interior views. The vision is restricted. I've owned or own three or four of the cars in GT, and I have way more view than what is offered in the game; come on PD not everyone is five-four and have to more the sear all the way to the steering wheel.

In the options menu when you pause a race, there is an option to adjust field of view on the interior view. Try that out.

Message 272 of 667 (582 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5429 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2013

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I want to put in another vote for seeing the PP and HP change on the car specs when messing with weight/aero/power. I REALLY don't like the "I changed it, let me confirm and see what THAT did... Nope too much/too little.... Do it again..."

GRRRR........

I also want to put in for longer timed races. The 5 minute races were cute, but I would like to have some 30-60 minute races, as well as a few longer (under 4 hours, though) enduros. Those were the best for learning the track and learning consistency. I hope enduros aren't COMPLETELY gone (but if there is another one beyond 2 hours with no B-spec, I'm gonna be..... um.... mad.... Smiley Wink ).

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 273 of 667 (572 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 14, 2013
I am very disappointed too!! No driving line? My friends who do not own this game and that came to my house to play GT5 now are frustrated with this GT6 flaw Smiley Sad bring it back!!!!
Message 274 of 667 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Dec 14, 2013

alex_valerin wrote:
I am very disappointed too!! No driving line? My friends who do not own this game and that came to my house to play GT5 now are frustrated with this GT6 flaw Smiley Sad bring it back!!!!

There is a driving line. You just have to turn it on in the race setting menu.

Dirty_Harry44
Message 275 of 667 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Dec 15, 2013

alex_valerin wrote:

on the split screen?  i cannot find this option to turn it on either.  really dissapointing.

i can drive without it but friends come over and want the line when we're on split screen.

and on that bombshell.....
Message 276 of 667 (551 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 15, 2013

If Ghosts can include female soldiers...where are the female drivers?

Where are the B-spec drivers, too?

Also, what is wrong with including the ability to qualify for the races?

I don't mean to complain, but I've been with GT from the start.  I even sold my N64 for a Playstation when GT came out.

Message 277 of 667 (538 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Dec 15, 2013

I am a bit disapointed that alle the races in the start i that short I got a car racing sim to race not to be en the menu 85% of the time.

Message 278 of 667 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 15, 2013
you are so right in all points.
Message 279 of 667 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I want to put in another vote for seeing the PP and HP change on the car specs when messing with weight/aero/power. I REALLY don't like the "I changed it, let me confirm and see what THAT did... Nope too much/too little.... Do it again..."

GRRRR........

100% SUPPORTED!!

I was surprised at that myself, that you don't see the PP value change as you adjust those settings.  Probably something PD intended to do, but hadn't got around to yet before they had to release the game.  This is the kind of stuff that happens when games are rushed, too much stuff unfinished and over looked.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 280 of 667 (503 Views)
0 Likes