Feb 25 2013
By: omgitsmikeyc I Only Post Everything 1178 posts

GT6 Confirmed for PS3, possibly four.

92 replies 726 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

As the title states, on Jalopnik.com sony was confirmed to say GT6 is coming to PS3, Woot!!!!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 93 (726 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Re: GT6 Confirmed for PS3, possibly four.

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

I do believe you have been tree'd by MastrGT.  You're not the first and you won't be the last.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Rumour-SONY-VP-reveals-GT6-to-be-...

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 2 of 93 (721 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45092 posts

Feb 25, 2013

It hasn't been confirmed yet, either. When SONY makes their announcement, then it will be confirmed.

I asked for confirmation about this, but got ignored, as expected. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 93 (707 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1178 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Sorry, I was playing Call of Duty with my son, is Forbes Magazine a valid enough source? http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/02/24/sony-exec-confirms-gran-turismo-6-coming-to-play...
Photobucket
Message 4 of 93 (697 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Feb 25, 2013
The only valid source is a statement made by Kaz and PD, a press release by Sony on PD's behalf, or an official statement made at an official event.

There have been times in the past where Sony execs have made claims in interviews that ended up being false.

Message 5 of 93 (691 Views)
MVP Support
45092 posts

Feb 25, 2013

It could very well end up being true, but this hasn't been confirmed officially yet.

Message 6 of 93 (685 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Feb 25, 2013

why have it for ps3 when the ps4 is coming out much more powerfull!

Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 7 of 93 (671 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45092 posts

Feb 25, 2013

You don't remember what PD did with GT4 on the PS2 after GT3? While it had lots of flaws, people raved about GT4, and the PS3 still has lots of capabilities beyond the PS2.

They spend years developing tools to make GT work the best they can in the first edition, then they can go that extra mile with the second one thereby recouping some of that development cost. SONY ends up selling more to the 75 million customers on a good platform that still has a few years of life in it.

Sounds like good business, to me, and we still don't have a lot of "dates" yet, to know how this is all going to work out.

Sure, the fans want "the best" now, but, if this rumour is true, SONY looks ready to deliver what it can, the best way it knows how.

Message 8 of 93 (661 Views)
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I have high expectations for GT6. I think SONY should let PD take as long as they need. After all, we still have GT5 while we wait!

I think a good comparison would be of GT3 to GT4. While GT3 retained some of the blockey looks of the PS1 era, GT4 was absolutely stunning for a PS2 game! I hope PD will outdo themselves again with the next iteration of Gran Turismo.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 9 of 93 (659 Views)
Fender Bender
3837 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Well, all I can say is that I will buy GT6 asap.  But I will buy a PS4 only when there is a GT to play on it...

So I guess Sony has that planned well...

I still maintain that there was no real need for the "second release on the console" as has been the pattern.

Program fixes/changes/tweaks now possible through patches (2.0 is a guide as to how expansive these can be) whereas before, we were stuck with what was on the disc when it was burned...  So to make changes, a new release was required...  NOw, not so much.

Cash flow could now be generated by DLC.  Even if only a percentage bought the DLC, but the time you release as much new content as would have been added to a new title, you have still made more profit on it...  Cost of delivery is a lot less than providing a newly burned bluray through the stores.

Before, again, DLC was not possible...  Again, we were limited to what was on the burned ROM disc.  New content required a new disc for the drive... 

We can only guess that the paid DLC stopped (or at least became a single-car-trickle) when plans changed from a "GT6 on PS4" to "GT6 on PS3", making the witholding of content for the new release neccessary...  What would have been DLC suddenly became release-day content for the new "title".

Of course this is speculation.  But like all good speculation, it does make sense...

Message 10 of 93 (632 Views)