"GT fans, thanks for waiting… The GT5 Spec 2.0 update is coming the 3rd week of October, with DLC following a week later." Kazunori Yamauchi, as at Sept 28
Continuing on Spec 2.0 and the DLC; Basically we’ve tried to include the feedback
we’ve received from all our players. First, regarding the free parts of the Spec 2.0 update. 1. Simplified interior view added to all standard cars. 2. User control of the weather change feature.
(Translated) #2 User Control features three climate changes. 3. Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings... 4. Spec 2.0 Opening movie 5. Improved UI response and usability 6. Replay front forward/rewind 7. Mid-race save feature for endurance races. 8. Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)... 9. Extending the B-spec race can play from a remote GT.COM
(Add a graph to change rank) 10. Expanded Photo travel features / You can now take photo’s of cars together
with your avatar... 11. Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel 12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars... 13. Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport 14. Improved physics and AI... 15. Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel. For the DLC we’re preparing a racing car pack, a course pack, and a racing gear pack...
(No indication of price, and remember that DLC follows one week after initial update.)
PS.Blog summary of Oct 5th:
This update is based on player wishes.
- the GT team has been following forums, the PS.blog and talking with
players at public events, to get feedfback and our requests for changes
- all cars in the game will now have some sort of interior view, depending on the car
- the 11 NASCAR cars will have updated 2011 season graphics
- greatly reduced load times when loading races
- quicker menu operation
- adjustable AI in Arcade Mode
- optional saves part way through long races
- adjustable weather conditions, from mild to severe
- Photo Mode enhanced to allow players to take pictures with their
personalized driver avatars with customizable racing suits and helmets
- replays now will have Fast Forward and Rewind controls
- on-line shuffle race mode to allow friendly competition between
players of different skill levels
- on-line race hosts will have more regulations available to set up races
- new frequent-player bonues
- GT5 will now officially and fully support the Logitech G25 and G27 racing wheels
- DLC will include new vehicles and tracks, plus some additional surprises
The price for GT5 will now be $39.99.
Update Notice (2.00)
Last Updated : Oct 10, 2011
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:
- Standard Cars now given simplified cockpit views
The over 800 standard cars included in the game are now given simplified cockpit views. You can change your view using
the SELECT button when racing, to change your display to the exciting cockpit view.
*Unlike the cockpit view of premium cars, the simplified cockpit is shown in a dark silhouette, and the gauges used for the
car will be standard in-game instruments.
- New Opening Movie
A new opening movie is now available from "Gran Turismo TV". When you download this movie, it will replace the current
opening movie. The previous version will be viewable within Gran Turismo TV.
- Addition of the weather change menu
On some tracks with weather changes, it is now possible for the user to set time and weather changes from the Quick Menu
in both the Arcade Mode, and "Practice" of the GT Mode. Also, you can make more detailed time and weather changes while
editing in the course maker and in the online lounge.
- Multiple car settings/save feature
We’ve added a setting sheet feature that allows you to save multiple car settings.
From the on the lower right of the screen, you can check the current settings. You can switch between 3
settings A, B, and C, allowing you to change between your personal settings easily according to the type of race and your
- Added 11 NASCAR cars
The newest NASCAR 2011 models have been added to the car dealerships. The added cars are the following:
Toyota 2011 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Tony Stewart #14 Office Depot CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Toyota 2011 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'SR TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Toyota 2011 Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Jeff Gordon #24 Drive to End Hunger CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Chevrolet 2011 Juan Montoya #42 Target CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Ford 2011 AJ Allmendinger #43 Best Buy FORD FUSION '11
Chevrolet 2011 Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe's CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Toyota 2011 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY '11
Chevrolet 2011 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 AMP Energy/National Guard CHEVROLET IMPALA '11
Ford 2011 Carl Edwards #99 Aflac FORD FUSION '11
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports
The Nisssan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports has been added to the car dealer. This is the car entered in the 2011 Nurburgring
24 hour race by Schulze Motorsports of Germany, and is the very car in which Kazunori Yamauchi drove and achieved a class victory.
- Avatar now usable in Photo Travel
An Avatar ON/OFF feature has been added to Photo Travel. Now you can photograph your avatar together with your car.
You can turn the driver avatar ON/OFF by pressing the △ button while positioning the car.
- Replay Fast Forward/Rewind
All replay videos recorded after the 2.0 update will have buttons.
You can now easily search for the scene you are looking for and play back a certain section whenever you want to, adding even
more fun to the photo mode.
-Improved Online Lounge
has been added in the regulations. You can now limit participants to specific categories such as "NASCAR" and
"Super GT". Also, there are now more cars that can be used in shuffle races, and a new "Shuffle Base" setting allows you to set the
performance level of cars allocated to each player.
For details, please see Top screen - - - and the "Regulation Settings".
- Additional features to Remote Racing
A "Graph Display" has been added to the remote race screen in GT My Home of granturismo.com, where you can enjoy B-Spec
racing. This allows you to visually see the changes in positions in each lap. A time difference display for each car in the race has also been added.
- New Photo Stage Added
The "Indy: NASCAR Pit Stop" stage has been added to photo travel. We invite you to come see and capture the energy of
NASCAR's famous pit stops.
- Addition of the Consecutive Login Bonus
When a user logs in consecutively, a bonus will now be applied to experience and race rewards.
It will increase to 110% in the 1st day, 130% in the 2nd day, 150% in the 3rd day, 170% in the 4th, to a maximum of 200% in the
5th day. This will apply to all events both online and offline, so logging in every day will make the game progress faster.
- DLC (Downloadable Content) Compatibility
A button has been added to the lower right of the top screen. Here you can install content purchased from
Please refer to the product information page of gran-turismo.com for details regarding downloadable content.
*The release of the DLC is planned for 18th October, 2011.
- Official Support for the G25/G27 Racing Wheels
The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel and G27 Racing Wheel are now officially supported. You can now change button assignments for
various racing controls on these wheels.
- User interface improvement
- Quick Menu can now be accessed while the race is loading.
- It is now possible to save and resume endurance races.
- Two NASCAR cars selectable in Arcade Mode have been changed from the 2010 models to 2011 models.
- In the Arcade Settings of , AI Car Characteristics settings has been added. You can now change the aggressiveness
of the AI against you in Arcade races.
- Some effects of Traction Control have been adjusted. When the TCS level is set to 1, it will not come into effect as much especially
in tight corners on dirt tracks.
- Surface Water and Tire Load Indicator displays have been added to the race screen. The Tire Load Indicator can be set from the
Quick Options menu that is displayed during the race (when the game is paused using the START button), or the standard Options menu.
- The option to Create Thumbnails for All Cars has been added to the context menu of the Garage. This will update the thumbnails
of all cars in the garage.
- Experience gained in online races have been increased by 60%, and rewards have been increased by 66%.
- You can now change the Slipstream Strength settings in the lounge.
- In the Lounge and in - - , it is now possible to turn Visible Damage ON or OFF.
- Drivetrain settings has been added to the regulation settings in the Lounge.
- A setting to prohibit "Tuning" of cars has been added to the regulations settings in the Lounge.
- Adjusted the driving speed of formula cars in banks, and auto-drive when coming onto straights.
- Added a button to under the settings menus of , and .
- Personal BGM can now also be set in
- A new brand "AMG" has been added to the MUSEUM.
- Corrected an issue where the "Torque Sensing Center Differential" installed on a Lancer Evolution X was not functioning.
- Fixed an issue where you could participate in the Intermediate/Tarmac Rally of the Gran Turismo Rally in a Ferrari F1 by using the power limiter.
- Fixed an issue where the Controller Steering Sensitivity was not applied correctly.
- Fixed an issue where there was a server connection problem in certain network environments.
- Fixed an issue where auto-drive would make braking mistakes.
- Fixed an issue where the system would misjudge whether deceleration happens in time when making pit stops in the rain.
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will
be located on the upper left of the index page.
If the number starts with Ver. 2.00, you are playing the latest version of the game.
If not, please press the PS button and exit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™
system connected to the internet.
Exciting news! I have now set up camp on the sidewalk outside my PS3 so I can be first in line. Just need somebody to bring me food and spell me for washroom breaks. Oh no, it's started to rain. Where's my umbrella girl?
Now taking bets on what will bring the most forum traffic, the pre-release speculation, the post-release celebration from the appreciative, the commentary from the sensible critics or the whining from the never-satisfied.
Awesome, just awesome. This last half of the year has been exciting with GT Saturdays, GT Academy on TV, and now this Spec 2.0. I'd like to speculate but who knows what's to come. The Spec update in Prologue brought 30+ new cars and 1 track.
You will be queuing after me my friend lol I'm in line right now with plenty of cake(being old and slow does that make me historic or classic)
eww... week and a half old cake, which didn't ever exist anyways, because it is a lie.
me and my companion cube will be waiting patiently by our PS3 (yes I said "our" ps3, it even has a heart sticker on the side to remind her of that time I threw her into that incinerator. I didn't want to do it but they didn't give me any way out.)
|Track Share||Ex's Racing Videos||SupaTunaGT||Photo Mode Pictures|