Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: GT5's "Quirks, Bugs and Glitches" thread

Nov 30, 2010

No smoke in the rearview mirror when burning out or going sideways. Not a big deeal just figured i'd throw it out there . Also the 1998 mini cooper is not a 98,more like a 79

Message 60 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 30, 2010

Driver license test IB-2 cannot play (already pass IB-1),  when i select IB-2 it will stuck at processing screen. http://img18.imageshack.us/i/90485403.jpg/

Message 61 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 30, 2010

iplaywithsquirls wrote:

I have 30+ cars, the Lancer EVO X is the only car that I notice makes the steering wheel move slightly side to side. Its the last version of the logitech gt wheel. Other cars don't have this effect. Its a very slight swerve it seems. Anyone else?

this is the first car I tried and I thought my wheel was broken.

EVO X does have a bad steering straight problem.  I don't know if it's that the dead zone is too narrow or what, but it appears that when you let go of the wheel, even at slower speeds, it turns either way slightly, which t hen causes the balance of the car to shift and turn the other way, repeating the cycle with then more force.  After a moment, the car is completely out of control because its acting as if the driver was going back and forth with the wheel.

I owned an EVO VIII, which drove nothing like the EVO X model in the game, and I can't imagine that the real life X does this.  EVOs are some of the best balanced cars in the world with great attention to perfecting weight distribution and ease of maneuvering.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that other cars have this phenomenon to a certain degree, but the EVO X seems to be the most noticable.  in particular, really fast cars when letting go of the wheel for a moment, will tend to turn a little...

PLEASE FIX!!!!

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 62 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44370 posts

Dec 1, 2010

exXboxFan wrote:

iplaywithsquirls wrote:

I have 30+ cars, the Lancer EVO X is the only car that I notice makes the steering wheel move slightly side to side. Its the last version of the logitech gt wheel. Other cars don't have this effect. Its a very slight swerve it seems. Anyone else?

this is the first car I tried and I thought my wheel was broken.

EVO X does have a bad steering straight problem.  I don't know if it's that the dead zone is too narrow or what, but it appears that when you let go of the wheel, even at slower speeds, it turns either way slightly, which t hen causes the balance of the car to shift and turn the other way, repeating the cycle with then more force.

The Evos did strange handling things in Prologue, too.

Message 63 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2010

I have an issue with the last race of the IA license test.  This is the event at Grand Valley that you must race the White Lambo!  During the race at times the view will change to the rear view mode!  In essance pressing L1.  The car is not able to be controlled and you have to start over.  Mind you that you cannot hit anyone or drive off course in this test so this is a problem.  It happens most when you are entering the 180 turn on the back stretch.  It's a pain!  Please fix this! 

Message 64 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 1, 2010

EVO X drives horrible.  Very difficult to drive in a straight line.  I own one in real life and this is in no way indicative of how a real one handles.

The game will randomly freeze from time to time.  Only way to get out of it is to hit the PS button and select quit game.  Proves that the PS3 is not freezing the game itself is.  This occurrs even when i am not logged in, and happen before and after patch 1.02.

Message 65 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 1, 2010

I've noticed that the tach in the dash of my '90 RX-7 (fc) doesn't match the tach of the hud. The dash will be around 4000 rpm while the hud is at redline, which is somewhere around 7-8000 rpm.

Message 66 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Dec 1, 2010

In many cars, going down a straight line the wheel is too violently jerky. I've driven some "not so expensive" cars at these speeds and the wheel is by no means this violent. Using a Driving Force GT wheel. Turning it down to "1" doesn't help, either. The jerking is just as violent, just even more erratic and unpredictable. Honestly, there should be a "0" setting to disable force feedback if so desired. After playing for 5 or 6 hours, I'd still like to play sometimes but would rather just "relax" and cruise without the wheel jerking my arms around so much. It's also just plain obnoxious on some rally events. I can understand the "realism" to an extent, but it seems a "little" over the top and sometimes I'd rather just relax. It's just a game, after all.

Message 67 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 1, 2010

ARCADE MODE - 2 PLAYER REPLAYS...please - after a great race theres no way to watch it and see all the moves you just put on your losing friend

Message 68 of 1,273 (727 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Dec 1, 2010

I found what looks like another description text mixup -

Take a look at the description for the '88 Toyota Supra 3.0 in the Toyota dealership.  Much of it is correct, but then it starts to list 4-cylinder engine options which were never in Supras, not even in the Japanese market while they were badged as Celica XX.

Message 69 of 1,273 (727 Views)
0 Likes