First Son
29 posts

Re: GT5's "Quirks, Bugs and Glitches" thread

Nov 28, 2010

No need to hit triangle to activate G27 clutch. The first time you touch the pedal it is activated. If you don't touch it...you can speed shift without ever using it.

Message 10 of 1,273 (1,593 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45098 posts

Nov 28, 2010

musclecarconvrt wrote:
How is that not related to the game? It's advertised as a 1080p game. The cars are nice and smooth, so why do their shadows cast jagged saw teeth where soft lines should be?

The higher the resolution, the less anti-aliasing can be done. It's a hardware problem that affects all games.

Message 11 of 1,273 (1,593 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Nov 28, 2010

remove, for the love of god, the "i need to be on my line" AI in this game. So  annoying. It doesn't even have to be good AI, just make it aware of my vehicle so he doesn't wreck himself or me while trying to get on his AI line.

Message 12 of 1,273 (1,595 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

Nov 28, 2010
Reproducibility: Always

Severity: Major

Platform: PlayStation 3 Computer Entertainment System

OS Version: 3.50

Product Build: Gran Turismo 5 - Version 1.02 (as of 11/27/10)

Summary: Player can earn a Gold Trophy in ~3 seconds on the B-6 Tsukuba Circuit license test.

Description: When starting the B-6 Tsukuba Circuit license test, if the player slows down their car and turns right--towards the turf patch on the right side of the track--and continues to the wall, with the open portion that has no barrier, the player will earn a Gold Trophy once they hit the wall.

Additional Information: In my opinion, the bug occurs because the player's vehicle passes ever so slightly pass the 'geo walls'--"invisible barriers," in layman terms

Video: Gran Turismo 5 National License Test B-5 glitch (3-second Gold Trophy)

Sorry if I was too specific I'm a volunteer game tester, so it's a habit
PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 13 of 1,273 (1,595 Views)
VP of Gaming
30083 posts

Nov 28, 2010

MastrGT wrote:

Not all USB chat headsets seem to fully work.

After setting the XMB to use the headset for input and output, game sounds do not go through the Logitech A-0374A ear speakers.

This is not a bug with GT5.  The PlayStation 3 does not output game sounds via USB.  If you are looking for a headset that outputs game audio and voice chat, you will need something along the lines of the Tritton or Turtle Beach headsets.

Fastest Grandma In GT
Message 14 of 1,273 (1,597 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Nov 28, 2010

freud1 wrote:

No need to hit triangle to activate G27 clutch. The first time you touch the pedal it is activated. If you don't touch it...you can speed shift without ever using it.

Hmmm -- I'm not the only person that has had a problem with it not working by default/having to hit triangle first. 

More specifically, if I use my gated shifter, it will put my car in neutral no matter what gear I put it in unless I hit triangle first...and there is no indication as to whether or not I successfully "activated" it.  So there will be times where the race starts, I go to shift into second gear and I drop it into neutral...so I'm left to watch the field "check out" on me while I have to use my paddle shifters.

Message 15 of 1,273 (1,592 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Nov 28, 2010

1) Headset issue ... just an FYI ... my new Logitech F540 (wireless) headset works perfectly

2) The same car equipped with skinny dirt tires on a loose surface requires roughly twice the wheel effort for turning as the same car does with racing slicks on pavement. This is just the opposite to what it should be.

3) I'm almost to level 21, so I'm pretty familiar with the game so far ..... that being said, I still haven't figured out how to adjust the individual gears in a "fully customizable" gearbox option. All it allows me to do is adjust the final drive ratio ?

4) Not exactly a problem, but some of the Special Events payout the total of all trophy awards combined after getting Gold.

5) I actually had a car just disappear from my garage.

Message 16 of 1,273 (1,593 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45098 posts

Nov 28, 2010

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

Summary:
Player can earn a Gold Trophy in ~3 seconds on the B-6 Tsukuba Circuit license test.

This has already been reported and is being passed on to PD.

Message 17 of 1,273 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45098 posts

Nov 28, 2010

Cobra1 wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

Not all USB chat headsets seem to fully work.

After setting the XMB to use the headset for input and output, game sounds do not go through the Logitech A-0374A ear speakers.

This is not a bug with GT5.  The PlayStation 3 does not output game sounds via USB.  If you are looking for a headset that outputs game audio and voice chat, you will need something along the lines of the Tritton or Turtle Beach headsets.

Dang! I didn't expect that. Even the PS2 games could do this.

Message 18 of 1,273 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 28, 2010

Problem:

Game not recognizing shift into second Gear on standing starts with some cars.

Detailed description of problem:

When you start a race from a standing start and then shift from first into second with certain cars the game will not shift into second but will instead shift either into neutral (happens most often) or reverse (happens less often). The game will then at random not recognize gear changes with H pattern shifter. The only way to shift out of nuetral is to use the racing wheel's paddle shifter to shift into gear or quickly move the H pattern shifter into random gears and back into second until the game recognizes the shift. After you manage to get the game to recognize the shifts into gear you can then complete races without further issue. There is no known way to shift out of reverse once the game gets stuck in reverse using the racing wheel as the game will not respond to either paddle shifts or H pattern gear shifts.

Persons who have seen and reported this bug on other sites:

Multiple

Racing wheels effected by this bug as of this date:

G25, G27, all Fanatec series racing wheels.

Cars issue seems to happen to:

Non-premium cars (not completely confirmed as i have not had a chance to test every single premium car to see if this issue crops up on one of them. Also it goes without saying that i have not tested every single non-premium car.)

Work around to issue:

Do not compress clutch pedal when beginning a race from a stand still. Simply shift gears with the H pattern shifter as normal without depressing clutch pedal. (This work around has not been personally verified, however it has been verified by multiple outside sources other than the author. It is unknown at this time if you can depress the clutch pedal and use the H pattern shifter normally after the car is at speed.)

Message 19 of 1,273 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes