Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
64 posts

Re: GT5's "Quirks, Bugs and Glitches" thread

Nov 30, 2010

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05

Track: Alaska, intermediate Rally Challenge

Glitch: When heading down a certain hill in the course, the shadow of my car was stretched and seperated from the vehicle itself. It looked like the vehicle was going over a jump and landing rather than down a large hill.

*edited vehicle year*

Message 50 of 1,271 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 30, 2010

I had the same problem in split screen arcade mode; the player 2 control would not function as normal. The joysticks worked, but the buttons for accelerate would not, no matter what I set the controls to be.

The solution, at least for me, was to unplug any other controller in the system. That included unplugging the USB dongles for rock band guitars, and taking the batteries out of the PS3 remote so that it was dead. Once I did that, it worked great.

Message 51 of 1,271 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8465 posts

Nov 30, 2010

SmokyTyrz wrote:

This may be related to the shadow resolution issue mentioned above...  

During replays, when cars pass the camera in a  "drive by" fashion the seams on cars become very aliased, pixelated and "sparkly" (white dots) which makes the cars very unsightly during replays. This happens to just about any car, any track. I think it occurs more often when a car is passing into shadow than when it is running in bright light.

It is as if the car body redraw rate is out of sync.   

i think what you are describing is mostly on premium cars, because they ahve actual polygons creating the "seams" in the body.  the area where the panels come together can have a while line.  My theory on that is that it is trying to display a reflection on the edge of those lines, when in reality, light does not reflect in those areas.

it should be fixed, for sure.  even the best looking cars in the game sometimes look awful, and that's a shame.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 52 of 1,271 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 30, 2010

I have 30+ cars, the Lancer EVO X is the only car that I notice makes the steering wheel move slightly side to side. Its the last version of the logitech gt wheel. Other cars don't have this effect. Its a very slight swerve it seems. Anyone else?

Message 53 of 1,271 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 30, 2010
I second the '54 Corvette description bug. Kind of sucks reading about a pickup truck.
Message 54 of 1,271 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Nov 30, 2010

iplaywithsquirls wrote:

I have 30+ cars, the Lancer EVO X is the only car that I notice makes the steering wheel move slightly side to side. Its the last version of the logitech gt wheel. Other cars don't have this effect. Its a very slight swerve it seems. Anyone else?

I don't have one yet, but the Evo X in prolauge used to (hahahah, sorry just found that funny, ya know...saying "used to" for prolauge)...anyways,  it used to sway side to side going down the straights...no other car really did that in there either, that I recall.

If anyone has one IRL, maybe they could shed some lite as to if it does that for real.

Photobucket
Message 55 of 1,271 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

Nov 30, 2010

I was gifted a car to use yesterday. I used it and went to return it last night( Oil changed and washed). When I tried to gift it back, I got a dialog box that said " Upload failed" amd where the car was remained only a gray box with the gray symbol with the - mark in the middle.The car is gone from my garage, and has not been returned to my friend. Now I am obligated to build the car myself to the level that the borrowed car was, and then gift that new car to my friend. This will take about 100,000 credits or more, roughly half the credits I have. In this case, Gifting cars FTL

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 56 of 1,271 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Nov 30, 2010

i was playing last night with my friends online and the screen was black at the start of the race....also pd should put in a easier way to invite people rather it be through xmb

Nov 24th...We Race
Message 57 of 1,271 (642 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
603 posts

Nov 30, 2010

Problem: People other than Host are able to start races online. This leads to premature starts. Many people just coming into the room would like a few practice laps, but some dont seem to care and just hit start. Host should have control of when the race starts!

Bug/Screw-up:  Tracks that have been made with the Track Maker cant be used for online racing. Seriously, whats the point of being able to make a track if you cant race anyone on it?

Message 58 of 1,271 (642 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Nov 30, 2010
Rear Spoiler from Bugatti Veyron will be buggy for a brief moment when going in to Super High Speed!

You will notice the 2 rods sticking through the spoiler when it goes into the high speed mode!

Message 59 of 1,271 (642 Views)
0 Likes