Sackboy
445 posts

Re: GT5's "Quirks, Bugs and Glitches" thread

Nov 28, 2010

AMG driving school, full lap, beginers......for about 30 seconds it seemed slow moish and the speedo said 98 even though the car should have been going 120ish in that spot........Its only happened that one time though

Super GT collection.
41/46
Need:
Pensoil GTR(pending), Pensoil/Zexel GTR (pending) C-West Silvia (pending), Cusco Subaru 03, Castrol Supra 00
Message 20 of 1,273 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Nov 28, 2010

Premium Cars @ high speed using cockpit view.  I know they tried to reproduce road chatter but I was playing in a decked out Zr-1 on daytona.  The road chatter is so horrible at 215+ in the turns it looks like an earthquake on your screen.  Switching to bumper cam solves the problem but cockpit view is rendered useles.  Occurs at lower speeds as well but the shaking is not as horrible as 200+mph.

Message 21 of 1,273 (1,079 Views)
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Nov 28, 2010

Ive been experiencing screen tearing, most notibly on London! As well as some other boards, not to bad but somewhat anoying! please, please, please fix this! there have been a few threads about this and seems to be fairly common, I dont think this should be something we should have to "get used to" it just sortof ruins the experience..

i can neither confirm nor deny that!! next question..
Message 22 of 1,273 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 28, 2010

In the used car section one of the old corvettes (c1) or (c4) has the description from the concept silverado truck.

There is some other stuff I have found but I am not sure if they are bugs or just something I did. Will report back later.

I really could have waited a few more months for them to release this game. How much you want to bet they had to shift from bug testing to 3d tv crap.

Message 23 of 1,273 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Nov 28, 2010

I don't know if this would be considered a 'glitch" or not, but .... since we are forced to drive many cars without cockpit view, we have the option of driving the car from "outside" the car. This isn't a problem for me, but sometimes I can't hear my car's engine whenever there are any other cars around me. I can't tell when to shift without looking down at the indicator at the bottom of the screen and I have lost a few races by being forced to do this.

I tried lowering the "Race Sound Effects" in the Audio options but it didn't help. It's especially noticable in the single make Gallardo Event (Expert Series). I do love to hear the variety of engine sounds around me (realism) but I also need to be able to hear my own car !

EDIT ....  Further observations show that this irregularity varies between events and actual cars used. 

Message 24 of 1,273 (1,080 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 29, 2010

K . I just spend two hours at Daytona speedway.. Turning my Veyron that I won...  I got the car doing 38.787 there after some intense R&D ... So then I go on the online Lobby too show off this weopon I created ... I added the Veyron too my favorites in my garage so I can reterive it online ... ... so far, so good ... I check the settings on the Veyron in the online lobby room ... setttings are just the way that they suppose to be ... Get the Veyron on the Daytona speedway, warm the tires up and planning on getting below 40 sec lap times just too find that the Veyron acts like I did nothing too it.. the handling, everything was nothing like the car that i setup before ... it acted untouched.... .... is this a serious glinch or what ?

Message 25 of 1,273 (1,072 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1451 posts

Nov 29, 2010

thejbcrazy wrote:

K . I just spend two hours at Daytona speedway.. Turning my Veyron that I won...  I got the car doing 38.787 there after some intense R&D ... So then I go on the online Lobby too show off this weopon I created ... I added the Veyron too my favorites in my garage so I can reterive it online ... ... so far, so good ... I check the settings on the Veyron in the online lobby room ... setttings are just the way that they suppose to be ... Get the Veyron on the Daytona speedway, warm the tires up and planning on getting below 40 sec lap times just too find that the Veyron acts like I did nothing too it.. the handling, everything was nothing like the car that i setup before ... it acted untouched.... .... is this a serious glinch or what ?

Nice work but you never used the word "saved" in your post LOL.

Message 26 of 1,273 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 29, 2010
I saved it .. trust me .... after 2 hours getting that car right ... i saved it more than once ... lol ...
Message 27 of 1,273 (1,072 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 29, 2010

I saved it ..... trust me after spending two hours on that car getting it right .... I saved it more than once ...lol...

Message 28 of 1,273 (1,072 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4679 posts

Nov 29, 2010
Release the copy-protecting on gamesaves.
People are already losing their hard work, allow them to make their own backups.
Message 29 of 1,273 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes