Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1587 posts

Re: GT5's "Quirks, Bugs and Glitches" thread

Feb 16, 2013

Hello ibsey, it sounds like you have a pretty unique problem there, I myself don't know how to merge two user id's but someone might. On the bright side you've come to the right place, you can definitely meet some great people who still run remote races( easy money), and if your looking for a specific car, or even a dozen of them, this community is very generous. My advice would be to hang out on the forums for a bit, contribute what you can, don't be shy and ask for what you need. Good luck

Photobucket
Message 1151 of 1,271 (356 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41719 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Welcome to the GT forum, ibsey!

Because of the restrictions, probably the best that you will get is to gift all of your cars from one GT account to another account. Doing this should keep the tunes and parts, too.

Make sure that you frequently save your personal game save file onto an external drive, not the hard drive, such as a USB memory stick. If you do this right, when you gift cars, you can actually keep all cars in the original account while you build up the new garage.

Message 1152 of 1,271 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 16, 2013

ibsey wrote:
Or at the very least, might be able to advise me where I can earn quick money on GT5 online, in order to get at least some of the cars I had previously.

Thanks in advance.  :smileyhappy: 

Hi.  The bad news is you're screwed into starting again on your own id.  The good news is a few things: you can send yourself any car worth less than 1M Cr, B-spec remote racing leads to quick Cr with about zero effort, and Seasonal Events lead to really quick rewards (Cr, Xp, some cars) with not much effort.

Message 1153 of 1,271 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 16, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

Because of the restrictions, probably the best that you will get is to gift all of your cars from one GT account to another account. Doing this should keep the tunes and parts, too.

Tunes don't get sent, just equipped parts.  Recipient of a sent car gets the car in whatever condition and with whatever odometer reading and Changed Cars count is present, any equipped parts including irreversible stuff, a default tune on any adjustable equipped part (including GTAuto aero), the original paint chip (if any) no matter what colour the car (and/or GTAuto wheels) has been painted, and does not get custom text in the Settings Sheet.

Message 1154 of 1,271 (336 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41719 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered about the colours, too.

Message 1155 of 1,271 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1060 posts

Feb 16, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

Welcome to the GT forum, ibsey!

Ah, but since he doesn't have the password for the Account with all his cars, there is no way for him to Gift from one to the other..

Too bad Sony or PD, doesn't offer a service where you can send in two game saves on USB, and have them swapped.

There has to be quite a few who had saves, and then due to YLOD or other issues, can't use them.

But if there was a way to transfer from one account to the other, it would be great.

Message 1156 of 1,271 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2300 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Anyone else having problems with PSN network performance the past few days? I went to open a room in the open lobby last night and was surprised to find that the recommended quality setting was "very low"

Left game and checked my network connection via the PS3, only to find that  it reported 4.1M down, 1.2M up (still nat2), well below what both internet connection speed tests report for my main connection (24 down, 3.4 up) and what the router says the PS3 is using (~16 down 2.8 up). The last time I checked, it was reporting much higher connection speeds (and it has always recommended a much higher quality connection in the past). I haven't changed any settings on the PS3 or on my router over the past months that should cause such a reduction.

Not sure if the PS3 is throttling, PSN is suffering from bloat, or what... But what it shows (and recommends) is not what independent tests are showing is available to the PS3 for this purpose.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 1157 of 1,271 (236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Add More Cars And A Spec and B Spec Chalenges and Make Licenses More Easier An The Redbull Challenge Is Imposible To Beat Make It Easier
Message 1158 of 1,271 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 5, 2013
That We Can Send More Than a Car Per Day
Message 1159 of 1,271 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I gotta agree with you about the more than one car thing...I'd like to have it where there's the ability to send stuff regardless of how many, or maybe with an increased limit of things, in groups, providing that the stuff you're sending goes to the same person...something like me sending 2 or 3 cars, 5 paints, and 5 tuning parts and sending it all to one person in 1 shot without having to send the items individually. As for the Sebastian Vettel Challenges, it is NOT impossible to get all golds under the current times as I believe several people have managed to beat the gold times...it just takes practice, practice, and more practice. The best advice I have for the Red Bull Challenge (you get the car needed for reaching B-Spec level 35) if you get the car, take it to each of the tracks and run laps with the car to get a feel for what the car is capable of before taking on the actual challenge. Try different combinations of driving aids until you find a setup you're comfortable with and when you're ready, GO FOR IT. 

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 1160 of 1,271 (184 Views)
0 Likes