First Son
8 posts

Re: GT5's "Quirks, Bugs and Glitches" thread

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

so ive had gt5 just over 1 week, a noob lol.. i love the game an spent most my time learning to drift online. up untill today, i had been host of games and in other hosts games without issue, 10h+ lobbies.... the problem is nw everytime  i enter a lobby i can play perfectly fine as long as no one else enters the lobby/game. once another player joins every car around me freezes(somtimes 10 cars) and im the only one still able 2 drive.. but this isnt the case. im being left behind as the 10 other cars are moved somhow to a diffrent track with the person who joins. i can still chat to every1 after this happens which is whats so strange. returning to lobby it says im still there but doesnt show as anyone racing, but they actualy are. re entering a race wont work to fix either, i fully have to leave the lobby an reload it only to get a few minutes play before it does it again?? frustrating as hell. 

what ive tried so far is deleted installed gt5 whch u can do in the game settings, deleted al gt5 from the system which needs reinstalling the 2.8 gb basics an the 2.10 (i think?) update afterwards, no success.

any help with this would be great, or if i should consider using the ps3 warrenty as a fault of some sort. 

i dont have a backup save..  thanks for taking the time to read 

Message 1141 of 1,273 (968 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Just updated, did a race, picked up some damage and now I have the same problem as before.

My same save file as before worked fine upon reinstall but once I updated, I now have the same problem of constant damage everywhere and cars constantly changing shape and looking like they're made of fabric blowing in the wind which I'm told isn't normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than the reinstall idea?

Message 1142 of 1,273 (959 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Feb 2, 2013

DaletonaDave wrote:

I do hope you get it all straightened out.
(Pun TOTALLY intended)

This made me laugh! Smiley Very Happy

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 1143 of 1,273 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 2, 2013

zero__777 wrote:

Just updated, did a race, picked up some damage and now I have the same problem as before.

My same save file as before worked fine upon reinstall but once I updated, I now have the same problem of constant damage everywhere and cars constantly changing shape and looking like they're made of fabric blowing in the wind which I'm told isn't normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than the reinstall idea?

Did you play with a fresh gamesave before starting your game?  Shouldn't matter, but you never know.

Clean your disc extremely well or try a different disc and reinstall again.

Message 1144 of 1,273 (954 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 2, 2013

rxskdz wrote:

so ive had gt5 just over 1 week, a noob lol.. i love the game an spent most my time learning to drift online. up untill today, i had been host of games and in other hosts games without issue, 10h+ lobbies.... the problem is nw everytime  i enter a lobby i can play perfectly fine as long as no one else enters the lobby/game. once another player joins every car around me freezes(somtimes 10 cars) and im the only one still able 2 drive.. but this isnt the case. im being left behind as the 10 other cars are moved somhow to a diffrent track with the person who joins. i can still chat to every1 after this happens which is whats so strange. returning to lobby it says im still there but doesnt show as anyone racing, but they actualy are. re entering a race wont work to fix either, i fully have to leave the lobby an reload it only to get a few minutes play before it does it again?? frustrating as hell. 

what ive tried so far is deleted installed gt5 whch u can do in the game settings, deleted al gt5 from the system which needs reinstalling the 2.8 gb basics an the 2.10 (i think?) update afterwards, no success.

any help with this would be great, or if i should consider using the ps3 warrenty as a fault of some sort. 

i dont have a backup save..  thanks for taking the time to read 

Clear your cache.  Options, down to Network, press X on Clear Cache. May take a couple minutes first time (that's ok), if it takes ~5 minutes eject the game and restart.  Doing this at least semi-regularly keeps all the networking happier.

How is your PS3 connected to the internet and what NAT type are you?

If no game works properly online, then it's PS3 warranty time.

Message 1145 of 1,273 (953 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44349 posts

Feb 2, 2013

When odd things have in GT5, you have to determine if the source of the problem is the game data on the drive (updates and related game files) or your personal game save. Without knowing this, you may be scratching your head for along time.

If your start over and delete GT5 from the hard drive and start a fresh game, then check as you install more things, then you can help narrow down where the problem lies. If a fresh install is OK, then you move on go installing the 8Gb of data. Then do updates, one at a time, if necessary, checking as you progress, until you get to the latest update. If your clean install has no damage problems with a fresh game save, then that points to your game save being corrupted. IIRC, a couple of other players has similar issues a long time ago and, I think, the problem was with their updates, but don't guess. Prove to yourself where the problem starts.

A number of people have had trouble updating over wireless, so I can highly recommend that you don't do that, if updates are the cause of this problem.

Message 1146 of 1,273 (941 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I am doing the la festa calivano seasonal event (ferrari series.) It requires a win on the track Cape Ring Outside. I enter the race. On the pre-race menu i press start and I wait 4 hours and the camera did not move or the names did not turned white. i tried multiple times and even on different series. No matter what, even on arcade mode! It will never start the actual race. Every other track including the other Cape Rings will load. What do I do?

Message 1147 of 1,273 (915 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 11, 2013

That was amazing. I noticed that the car behind you had exactly the same damage on it as yours. I have to admit I thought this was maybe some sort of image manipulation, but I see the curved lines generated by the TV screen are unaffected. Looks like you got a really special game install there ;-) Good luck mate - hope you get it sorted.

Message 1148 of 1,273 (869 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
966 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

After my Phat PS3 broke, I got a new slim PS3, used the "restore" feature to bring the last back up file to the new PS3, and also uploaded the latest GT5 save file.  Then I fully installed the GT5 XL with all the patches up to 2.10.  However, I noticed the following:

1. The game seems to load slower than before.  A little "installing" message at the bottom right shows up often.  It seems to be ok when racing in the online lounges.  I have yet to check out the A-Spec, B-Spec and Seasonal Events.

2. Personal music will not load after I exit out of GT5, thenreload GT5.  I have to go to option to set it up again.  However, if I create a new user account, the personal BGM "sticks".  I can therefore conclude that the problem is not related to the GT5 install, but the restored profile from a different GT5.

I really do not want to start racing with a fresh GT5 profile.  Any suggestions?

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 1149 of 1,273 (837 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

Hi

I was wondering whether someone might be able to kindly help me. I had been playing GT5 offline up until xmas last year, due to not having any internet connection. However I have since moved to somewhere which does have an internet connection. However I have discovered a frustratingly annoying problem.

I had brought my PS3 2nd hand, so the user before me had created their own User ID thingly on the PS3 startup page. So when I was playing GT5 offline, I had logged into & saved all the cars I had gained that User ID. Not knowing much about how the user ID nor imagining it would be any sort of problem. However since trying to connecting GT5 to the internet, on that particularly User ID (where all my saved cars are contained), I have found it requires a password. So I can either play with all my existing cars, but offline. Or I have to start GT5 from afresh online.

I have tried all possible solutions including creating a second user ID & copying my saved cars from User ID 1 to User ID 2. However this doesn't work in GT5, as whenever I started up the game a message appears, basically telling me that I cannot load up another users saved game (even thought it is actually mine). Normally I wouldn't mind too much, however this is the [b]fourth[/b] time I have had to start GT5 from a fresh (the other times being down to YLOD). So it is getting annoying to say the least. Also I had spent ages getting some pretty decent cars tuned (which did take ages offline) & setting them up so I would like to avoid having to do all that again if possible.

Therefore I was wondering if anyone out there might have encountered any similar issues & might be able to help me? Or at the very least, might be able to advise me where I can earn quick money on GT5 online, in order to get at least some of the cars I had previously.

Thanks in advance.  Smiley Happy 

Message 1150 of 1,273 (822 Views)
0 Likes