First Son
2 posts

Re: GT5's "Quirks, Bugs and Glitches" thread

Jan 26, 2013
Thanks for the help, I kinda figured I would have to redo the races and get all the cars again. But what I don't understand is how I lost some of the data but not all of it. For backing the files up, what would you recommend? I was thinking of trying playstation + online storage or going with a 32GB USB flash drive. If I go the flash drive route, I would use the back up utility on the main ps3 options list? And would it back all of my game data or just certain ones? Because I tried putting a game save to a flash drive once and it would not copy over to it because it was copy protected.
Thanks
Message 1121 of 1,273 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Jan 26, 2013

SilverSE102 wrote:
Thanks for the help, I kinda figured I would have to redo the races and get all the cars again. But what I don't understand is how I lost some of the data but not all of it. For backing the files up, what would you recommend? I was thinking of trying playstation + online storage or going with a 32GB USB flash drive. If I go the flash drive route, I would use the back up utility on the main ps3 options list? And would it back all of my game data or just certain ones? Because I tried putting a game save to a flash drive once and it would not copy over to it because it was copy protected.
Thanks

There are a select few games out there withcopy protected saves, but thankfully gt5is not one.  Its as simple as plugging in your flash drive, going to your game saves folder, press triangle on the file and select copy.  it will give you the options to copy to the flash drive. You can even copy all or copy mulitiple unless you finda file that happens to be copy protcted.

Message 1122 of 1,273 (543 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45107 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Regardless of using Plus, you still should save the files saved to separate storage because anything the game does on the hard drive or on PLUS, it just blindly overwrites what is already there.  If the new file is corrupt, for any reason, then you are still left with starting over. You won't know the file is bad until you need it. Have a series of good saves elsewhere and you should be able to recover properly. You can still rely on the extra copy on the hard drive or on Plus, up to a point, but you also need that off-system storage, to be safe.

Message 1123 of 1,273 (528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Hi all, I've had GT5 since it's release but have not played it for around a year.  I've just gotten back into it now and performed the latest update as it suggested.

My problem is this:

During a B-Spec race, my driver clipped a wall coming out of the corner. I watched as the back of the car slowly slid around into the gooey mess that is supposed to represent damage. This is the first I've seen of damage in this game.

At the end of the race I collected my prize car and saw that it appeared to have full damage on when it rolled up to be received. I thought this problem would probably go away when I restart the system so I continued playing. Now, when ever I enter a race, my car and all opponent cars have full damage right from the start of the race. When I go to pay a lot of credits to fix damage, it makes no visual change to the car. When I acquire a new car through used car dealership or as a prize, it arrives with full damage. When I view a car I had owned prior and never even driven, it appears to have full damage when viewed in my garage. Basically every single car in the game has full damage on all the time.

I know how to repair the damage and have done so through GT Auto but the car's appearance did not return to normal. When I try this a second time it tells me the car is fine and can't be repaired.

The system has been shut down and restarted etc but the problem remains. Just today for a fleeting moment when I first turned it on, some of my cars were back to normal but then I went and bought some more from the used dealership and then checked my garage again and all cars appeared as full damage again and have remained that way.

I'm sorry if this problem has been posted before but whenever I search damage for GT5 the majority of results are to do with how bad it looks, not any specific glitches.

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

Message 1124 of 1,273 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3837 posts

Jan 27, 2013
"I know how to repair Damage"... Yeah, it's called end the race...

"Go to pay a lot of credits to repair the damage" - errr... Okay...

You sure you have the right game, or is this being your first post here significant? Sounds like you would regenerate damage if you were in another game...

No soup kitchen from me. (beyond this anyway.)
Message 1125 of 1,273 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Yes I even tried ending the race as I explained. As for paying to repair damage I was refering to GT auto > Restore Body Rigidity.

As I said, I have not had damage in the game before and now the first time it has occured there seems to be a major problem where every car on the screen is completely distorted.

If you have any suggestions I'd like to hear from you.

Message 1126 of 1,273 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5114 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

I have never heard of this problem at all. I was thinkin' the same as DM was, "are you sure you're referring to GT5?" But it sounds like you are. Is it possible to post a pic or two?

This sounds to me like either a gamesave, or game data install problem though. It's gotta be one or the other.

Try backing up your gamesave file so you don't lose your current progress, then try starting the game up like the first time, with 20,000 cr. and buy your first car. See if it looks damaged. Race a few seasonals, buy a few more cars & check those. If all is well, I'd say there is something wrong with your original gamesave & you'll have to start the game all over again with that new gamesave file.

Unfortunately, If that doesn't fix the problem, I'd have to say you need to reinstall the game & all updates.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Message 1127 of 1,273 (493 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jan 27, 2013

zero__777 wrote:

As for paying to repair damage I was refering to GT auto > Restore Body Rigidity.

That's actually not damage repair, that's a chassis stiffness restoration.  'Damage' repair is done automatically at the end of any event (for free) because the damage is just visual (like dust or snow collected at a rally track).  At least, it is in a properly-working game - yours sounds to be not working properly.  What was the version of the game you were on before updating most recently?

Message 1128 of 1,273 (478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Here is a car in my garage:

GT5_1.jpg

Here is a car I bought used and have never driven:
GT5_2.jpg

Here is a car in the used dealership:

GT5_3.jpg

Here is a shot of my car and some others in the background, 4 seconds into a race, already with damage:
GT5_4.jpg

sorry for the photo quality but I think you get the idea.

Message 1129 of 1,273 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5114 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

OMG YES there is something VERY wrong in either your game install and/or gamesave file.

From the looks of the pics, I'd say your install is screwed up big-time. But I'd do as I suggested and see if it's your gamesave file first before reinstalling the whole game again.

I do hope you get it all straightened out.
(Pun TOTALLY intended)

Message 1130 of 1,273 (468 Views)
0 Likes