Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Re: GT5's "Quirks, Bugs and Glitches" thread

Nov 29, 2010

Pixelated shadows of the standard cars looks pretty bad on the replays. What PD tried to achieve is that shadow look with the radiating heat from the car.

Given the frame rate concerns perhaps less is more in this instance. In other words, I'd take a solid shadow without the flickering over the the more realistic but pixelated shadow.

My $0.02 as a software developer and GT fan.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 1,271 (744 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2010

Once you own more than one set of tires for any specific care you can not change the tire in the tune menu.

The only way I could change the tires on a car was to enter a race and enter the pits and change the tires there.

The "Fully Adjustable Transmission" is not fully adjustable at all....... All you can change is the top speed the car is capable of reaching.  

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 1,271 (744 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Nov 29, 2010

Also agree on the sounds, my 69 Camaro sounds like a Honda. Needs to be a sound update on the different size / modifications to the engines.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 1,271 (744 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Nov 29, 2010

I have 2:

1.  Add best wheel available to best racing game available...  Allow the g27 to be fully configurable.  As it stands, can use many of the features of the game... horn, lights, wipers, etc...

2.  I had problems the other day trying to do 2 play split screen with a wheel and a controller.  Used the wheel to select the 2 player battle in arcade mode and the track.  Then on the car selection screen, the dualshock controller was able to select a car, but the wheel no longer did anything.  After backing out with the dualshock, the wheel had control again.  Tried setting the dualshock to various controller ID's with no luck.  Was not able to play split screen. 

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 1,271 (744 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 29, 2010

Here's what I've noticed:

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54: Wrong description, this car has the description for the Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept.

Hyundai HCD6 Concept '01: The headlights and taillights look like they are missing some textures, it should be glass but it looks like there's nothing there and it looks ugly and unfinished.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 1,271 (744 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2010

In rally mode my mini map is set to "off", but at the beginning of every race have to go into the quick options and again select off on the minimap menu. When first accessing the menu, the minimap option SAYS it's off but it's obviously lying to me.

Thanks for the help!

ALSO

I purchased snow tires a number of times for use in rally mode. I did NOT install them in the shop.

After completing the dirt rally and moving on to the snow rally I went to install the snow tires and they were not available in the tuning menu.

Backed out of the rally, went to the store and bought a 4th set of snow tires and installed them on the spot.

When I returned to the snow rally, the tires were installed and ready to race.

Not THAT huge of a deal except for the fact that I ended up spending $8000 on snow tires. 

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 1,271 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 30, 2010

This may be related to the shadow resolution issue mentioned above...  

During replays, when cars pass the camera in a  "drive by" fashion the seams on cars become very aliased, pixelated and "sparkly" (white dots) which makes the cars very unsightly during replays. This happens to just about any car, any track. I think it occurs more often when a car is passing into shadow than when it is running in bright light.

It is as if the car body redraw rate is out of sync. 

Totally addictive though!  Not quite the revolution I was hoping for, but still another fun (if not typical) chapter of Gran Turismo.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 1,271 (742 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Nov 30, 2010

kosh1016 wrote:

I have 2:

1.  Add best wheel available to best racing game available...  Allow the g27 to be fully configurable.  As it stands, can use many of the features of the game... horn, lights, wipers, etc...

2.  I had problems the other day trying to do 2 play split screen with a wheel and a controller.  Used the wheel to select the 2 player battle in arcade mode and the track.  Then on the car selection screen, the dualshock controller was able to select a car, but the wheel no longer did anything.  After backing out with the dualshock, the wheel had control again.  Tried setting the dualshock to various controller ID's with no luck.  Was not able to play split screen. 

Another problem with two player split screen in arcade mode, with two controllers:

Controller 1 - Dual Shock 3 - no issues

Controller 2 - standard PS3 controller - once race starts, the buttons will not function for gas, brake, reverse, e-brake.  Could only use the right analog stick for gas/brake.

I switched controller assignments mid-race, so the Dual Shock 3 was set to controller #2, and the bug was exactly the same.

Controller settings checked in the options menu, and they are the defaults, Identical for controllers 1 and 2.  The buttons work fine in car selection menu, just not in the race.

I will try to reproduce again tonight, but I just wanted to get this in here in case anyone else experienced it.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 1,271 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 30, 2010

Bug List:

Screen Tearing - please add VSYNC option

Tires will not change before race/at start of race/in garage/tuning - only able to change tires in practice race. Then When you go back to the race, you will have the tires you selected in the practice. There are no options to change tires. Just a nice big close button.

Loading time issue on final license test for B license results in game lock up - not PS3 lock up, was able to eject disc and reload. All of the licences were achieved before loading the final B test. Been playing the game solid for 24 hrs with a brand new PS3 & GT5 disc. On the final test of the B license, it failed to load. Loading times are erratic as well. Allow more data from the disc to be loaded to the Hard Drive please?

Course loading time increases over time. The more races you do with out switching off the PS3, the longer each race takes to load. Why/fix?

Thank you for a great game.

Suggestions:

Please add more cars to the used car list

Please fix low quality textures around lights on cars - the textures look 1996 quality.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 1,271 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 30, 2010

I have seen very strange bug. When i was driving in night with Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) '08, the frontlights somehow reflect to back. I want some patch for this problem. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 1,271 (738 Views)
0 Likes