Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: GT5's poor collision physics and AI

Sep 27, 2009
However, I do agree with the AI. I hate that they follow the line so much that they will bash your doors in if you happen to be at the apex at the same time as the AI driver.
Message 11 of 121 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Sep 27, 2009

Joel2D wrote:
With all that said, realistic damage would chase away the casual gamer.

This is why the options menu exists.

Message 12 of 121 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Sep 27, 2009
Do you think 16 cars at 1080p would lag/crash the PS3 under a full load with that kind of damage? I know mine as a little bit of Lag at times with all the cars on screen. This is just Prolouge mind you with like No AA at all.
Message 13 of 121 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Sep 27, 2009

JustTheBeginning wrote:

I find it quiet the opposite, I am a casual racer and dont think I will be picking up GT5 if the damage stays like this. Damage is fun, it makes a game more exciting, when you go head first into a wall at 100mph and bounce off like a tic-tac it just turns me off.

You might find it to be fun, but you'll be bouncing off the walls the whole time, and never getting anywhere in the game. Then you'll come on the forum here, asking for cheat codes because you can't pass anything and you want to drive a faster car. 

Message 14 of 121 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2748 posts

Sep 27, 2009

Do you want to get touched in turn one and get this?

This race was earlier today, they were going about 140mph there i'd say.  Trust me, these tanks don't flip easily. Imagine a Ferrari getting destroyed.  The game is built for racing, not wrecking.  Most people won't even see damage!

Photobucket
Message 15 of 121 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Sep 27, 2009

JBracin70 wrote:   The game is built for racing, not wrecking.

Yes, but people aren't perfect.

JBracin70 wrote:   Most people won't even see damage!
Nonsense.
Message 16 of 121 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11985 posts

Sep 27, 2009
Show me a race car driver who has never crashed, and I will show you a race car driver who has never won a race.
 photo DSOLOGOAwww5x2.png
Message 17 of 121 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2748 posts

Sep 27, 2009

People being perfect has nothing to do with it, the game is not a Demolition Derby game.  It's for racing not seeing how much you can roll hitting the wall.  Most racers never touch the wall but maybe once or twice, and the occasional spin.  Some people just can't drive from what we all have seen online and will complain.  There's always that group of people.

GT has been amazing without wrecking physics and damage in the past.  I'll take whatever we get, this looks better than Prologue's at least.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 121 (15 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Sep 27, 2009

JBracin70 wrote:

Yes. 

Assuming we get private servers, and your driving with people you can trust, that kind of damage would have me sitting in front of my playstation 8 hours a day.

It keeps you on edge, keeps you alert. If a crash happens, apologies get handed out, replay gets viewed and awed at, and your back to racing. This time keeping your distance from other racers, careful not to have another accident.

This is when you see guys really push too. The less experienced drivers will straggle, afraid of destroying their fragile car. The more experienced players, knowing what they are doing, will zip around city streets, inches from guard rails.
It's either that or you bump a guy violently, go "oops" and continue on with no consequence. Sounds less exciting to me.

EDIT: It also makes for a really rewarding feeling when every car passes the finish line unscathed. 

Message Edited by Neptune15 on 09-27-2009 07:52 PM
Message 19 of 121 (15 Views)
Survivor
2748 posts

Sep 27, 2009

Neptune15 wrote:

JBracin70 wrote:

Yes. 

Assuming we get private servers, and your driving with people you can trust, that kind of damage would have me sitting in front of my playstation 8 hours a day.

That's the problem.  I'm all for the damage if this is true, but if we get only matchmaking then beware of wreckers.  But I still see no need in complaining over this any game. I just say go code it yourself if you don't like it!

And..Well I can't say I trust my friends either :smileyvery-happy:  Got dumped for the win on the last lap many many times

Message Edited by JBracin70 on 09-27-2009 04:55 PM
Photobucket
Message 20 of 121 (15 Views)
0 Likes