Jan 01 2011
By: Vader77 Splicer 88 posts

GT5 is Definitely not friendly to adults.

98 replies 104 views Edited Jan 1, 2011

Seriously,

Where do the people that make this game think adults have the time to spend not getting anywhere in the game when they're just looking to get a car that can actually win a certain race? Obviously i'm talking bout the upper level races. You guys need to wake up. Making certain cars impossible to get, making the ones that actually become available not be quite good enough to win (so you spend your ridiculously hard fought earnings on a 2nd place car), and making the cars themselves pretty damn expensive is pushing your adult market out. We don't have years to spend (like you did making it) just to get the satisfaction of closing out a level because we can't get a car.

I am by far not the only adult feeling this as all my buddies, who are drivers in real life....some having intense jobs on top of full weekend racing schedules....are all ready to just drop the game from lack of progress in a timely manner. These are all people that have been GT fans from the very first game. Difficulty is one thing, but hiding the tools one needs to get the job done is ridiculous. Controlling your world so tightly is building your over 30 crowd out. This is a shame, because there is so much right with this game.

60G PS3
Message 1 of 99 (104 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16260 posts

Re: GT5 is Definitely not friendly to adults.

Jan 1, 2011

yes the game is quite involved and lengthy but the previous games had some serious work to them too. maybe they will release a dlc, like other games have done, and give credits or some kind of selective car unlock ability.

Message 2 of 99 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
604 posts

Jan 1, 2011

B-spec while you're in the shower, cooking dinner, going to the store....work.  Mowing the lawn, shoveling the snow, paying the bills..You see where i'm going with this.  Your cars and credits will come.  Not all games are designed to be beatten within 5 hours and shelved.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 99 (104 Views)
MVP Support
42808 posts

Jan 1, 2011

GT is not a game to finish in a few weeks. Since at least since GT3, especially since GT4, you know it takes some dedication (time and effort) to finish it. They / you have a few years to work on it. I'm probably only at around 50% done and I haven't even gotten close to the endurance races yet, let alone seriously working on the 1,000 car Trophy.

On the other hand, other developers have caved in to this wish for shorter off-line events and they have watered down racing sims to a shadow of what they used to be. Meh. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Message 4 of 99 (104 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1459 posts

Jan 1, 2011

Vader77 wrote:

Seriously,

Where do the people that make this game think adults have the time to spend not getting anywhere in the game when they're just looking to get a car that can actually win a certain race? Obviously i'm talking bout the upper level races. You guys need to wake up. Making certain cars impossible to get, making the ones that actually become available not be quite good enough to win (so you spend your ridiculously hard fought earnings on a 2nd place car), and making the cars themselves pretty **** expensive is pushing your adult market out. We don't have years to spend (like you did making it) just to get the satisfaction of closing out a level because we can't get a car.

I am by far not the only adult feeling this as all my buddies, who are drivers in real life....some having intense jobs on top of full weekend racing schedules....are all ready to just drop the game from lack of progress in a timely manner. These are all people that have been GT fans from the very first game. Difficulty is one thing, but hiding the tools one needs to get the job done is ridiculous. Controlling your world so tightly is building your over 30 crowd out. This is a shame, because there is so much right with this game.

60G PS3

Photobucket

If your friends "are all people that have been GT fans from the very first game" then they would know full well the amount of time it takes to get the top tier cars. Which means they either would suck it up or not have bought the game...

I only get to play on my nights off and that is about 3 hours during those nights. I am 32 and work over 60 hours per week, I don't expect to be able to finish this game in a month or even a year for that matter and that is precisely what makes me keep playing. It isn't like COD where you can 3293409th prestige in 3 days, THAT is for children, patience and challenge and waiting as far as I'm concerned are adult characteristics are they not?

Message 5 of 99 (104 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Jan 1, 2011

The time involved and race farming for credits doesn't bother me much since I spent years playing online MMO games...most of which take months of camping a cirtain area just to obtain a single item that goes obsolete a few levels later. Just take your time and the rewards will fall in your lap.

For me the game seems to progress extremely fast since it doesn't take 2 years to reach top level. And in alot of games the experience truely doesn't begin untill you reach "End Game". Don't worry about the "Instant gratification" of this game since it doesn't really exist, you just have to stay vigilant and enjoy the experiance as you progress.

40,000+ Miles Driven and counting.

35 A-Spec / 35 B-Spec
Message 6 of 99 (104 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Jan 1, 2011

yeah the GT series isn't exactly an instantaneous reward series. I play it casually and find myself enjoying the neat cars I get from races, and just beating races at my own pace. I love the thrill of the race and don't really focus on how my progress stacks up against others. It's a driving simulator so I like to focus on the driving, not so much the rewards

Message 7 of 99 (104 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Jan 1, 2011

I have to agree with some of the posts in this thread. I like a game that takes awhile to beat. It makes me feel like I got my moneys worth. There have been far too many games that you shell out almost $100 for, take them home and have them beat the next day.

You can at least say you get your time and moneys worth with this game. Like anything, you investment of time and work will pay off eventually. Good luck!

Message 8 of 99 (104 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1793 posts

Jan 1, 2011

Tabu_Kuroshi wrote:

Vader77 wrote:

Seriously,

Where do the people that make this game think adults have the time to spend not getting anywhere in the game when they're just looking to get a car that can actually win a certain race? Obviously i'm talking bout the upper level races. You guys need to wake up. Making certain cars impossible to get, making the ones that actually become available not be quite good enough to win (so you spend your ridiculously hard fought earnings on a 2nd place car), and making the cars themselves pretty **** expensive is pushing your adult market out. We don't have years to spend (like you did making it) just to get the satisfaction of closing out a level because we can't get a car.

60G PS3

Photobucket

If your friends "are all people that have been GT fans from the very first game" then they would know full well the amount of time it takes to get the top tier cars. Which means they either would **** it up or not have bought the game...

I only get to play on my nights off and that is about 3 hours during those nights. I am 32 and work over 60 hours per week, I don't expect to be able to finish this game in a month or even a year for that matter and that is precisely what makes me keep playing. It isn't like COD where you can 3293409th prestige in 3 days, THAT is for children, patience and challenge and waiting as far as I'm concerned are adult characteristics are they not?

I could get a 4 mil credit race car in GT4 in 1 day. Step 1) Get Cadillac Cien Concept from whichever race event you win it from (It was a fairly low leveled event). Step 2) Well I can't remember Step 2, but it was some Special Race on that coastal track where you race against 1 opponent, but win the event and win the prize car. Step 3) sell prize car for around 200,000 cr. (might have been a lot more) Step 4) rinse and repeat. It takes about 3 hours to get a 4 million cr. race car with this method. In GT5, though, i'm breakin' my back just to have enough money to buy a decent race car, and don't get me started on the points you have to grind just to level up.

tankresize
Message 9 of 99 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 1, 2011

I hear ya...I'm 27 and this is the first GT I've not been in high school or college while playing.  The game seems a lot longer when you can only find a couple hours M-F to get a couple races in but i still love it!

Message 10 of 99 (104 Views)
0 Likes