Aug 06 2013
By: AJPlays4 Lombax Warrior 180 posts

GT5 car selection

8 replies 434 views Edited Aug 6, 2013

I only recently started playing GT5.  Unlike other GT series and the Forza series on XBox,  in GT5,  I do not see any way to choose a car by manufacturer and model other than if you want to buy it at the dealership.

So unless I just not have noticed,  how can I choose,  for example,  a Ferrari 599,  a Ford Mustang,  a  Honda Civic, etc when I just want to practice with a specific car or a single race or time trial without having to buy it?  GT5 appears to have only a small selection of cars to choose from or use the cars in your garage that you bought.  

Message 1 of 9 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: GT5 car selection

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2013

welcome to the forum, AJ

Unfortunately, there aren't many oopportunities in GT5 to test-drive cars that you haven't owned yet.  The new car dealership is for Premium model cars and can be purchased if you have the credits and driver level needed for that car.  The Used Dealership and Online Dealership are for the standard model cars, and cannot be bought at will, but must be purchased when you find the right "deal" in the listings.

It's simulating the unpredictable nature of buying used cars, though it can be frustrating.

Knowing this, there are still some options or you.  If you need a certain car that is below the 1 million credit threshold (when at 0 miles) you can have someone send you the car via a special ticket, or receive a Level # ticket that has a 1 in X chance of getting that car, or borrow a shared car from another player.

Perhaps if you let us know what you're looking for, we can send you something to get you going.

EDIT: also, if you are simply in need of credits, doing the Seasonal Races after achieving a daily login bonus of 100% or close to it, will help you build up some serious cash very quickly.

Good luck!

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 2 of 9 (427 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Welcome, AJ!

Feel free to send me a friend request and an idea what car(s) you are looking for. I will be happy to send you any sendable car, as I have them all.

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 3 of 9 (398 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Aug 6, 2013

There is no specific car that I have to have for practice.  I thought it would be fun and convenient to be able to try a variety of cars by manufacturer at any time.

Message 4 of 9 (381 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Sorry but you can not "borrow a car in GT5".  See above for help, there are many players on this formun that will help you out.   I have been helped many times by this great group of folks and it is much appreciated.  Good Luck.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 5 of 9 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 7, 2013

zeedesertrat wrote:

Sorry but you can not "borrow a car in GT5".

why not?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 6 of 9 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1980 posts

Aug 7, 2013
If your friend has shared a car on their profile; you can borrow it (look for the Borrow button when you click on the car) It's even tunable if I remember right!
Message 7 of 9 (340 Views)
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Aug 8, 2013

AJPlays4 wrote:

There is no specific car that I have to have for practice.  I thought it would be fun and convenient to be able to try a variety of cars by manufacturer at any time.

Well, part of the fun is aquireing all the cars you want. It takes a lot of homework, but is possible. Just ask those of us who have them all. Smiley Wink

If you could use them w/o buying, what'd be the point of buying them? :/

Dirty_Harry44
Message 8 of 9 (304 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Aug 8, 2013

Foot in mouth.  Of course you can borrow a friends car if he has them on loan.  I have 3 offered for loan right now.  I was thinking of the 3 car dealerships.  Sorry, my bad. 

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 9 of 9 (286 Views)
0 Likes