Sep 20 2012
By: MastrGT MVP Support 44618 posts

GT5 Update 2.08

[ Edited ]
92 replies 1282 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

Gran Turismo 5: Three New Cars, Update 2.08 Out Tuesday

+ Posted by Ken Chan // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

While we wait patiently for Spike’s airing of GT Academy 2012 this fall, we have three new pieces of DLC and Update 2.08 releasing on Tuesday, September 25th to keep you guys battling in Gran Turismo 5.

Gran Turismo 5 DLC: GT-RGran Turismo 5 DLC GT-R

Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12 ($.99)

Relive the victory with the Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12, winner of the SP8T class in the 2012 Nürburgring 24-hour race.

The GT-R N24 GT Academy was developed by the GT-R development team of Nissan, and set up by software engineers of Gran Turismo. Driven by Gran Turismo series producer Kazunori Yamauchi and the first European GT Academy winner Lucas Ordonez, Team GT Academy won top victory in the SP8T class. Relive the victory at the Nürburgring with this signature GT-R N24.

Gran Turismo 5 DLC: BRZGran Turismo 5 DLC: BRZ

Subaru BRZ S ’12 ($.99)

Enjoy the natural feel of a compact front engine rear wheel drive (FR) sportscar by adding the Subaru BRZ S ’12 to Gran Turismo 5.

Sharing the specifications of the Toyota FR-S, the production model prototype was announced at the Tokyo Motorshow in November 2011. In addition to the different front grill and foglights, the driving feel of the suspension settings focuses more on stability, and reflects the sports car philosophy of Subaru. In the BRZ, you can enjoy the feel of an FR layout sportscar — a rarity in today’s automobiles.

Gran Turismo 5 DLC: HSVGran Turismo 5 DLC: HSV

Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 ($.99)

Add the official Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 that competed in the GT500 class of Japan Super GT series to Gran Turismo 5.

The HSV-010 debuted in 2010 as the heir to the Honda NSX-GT. The car is a front engine rear wheel drive powered by a 3.4 liter V8 based on an engine designed for the Formula Nippon. The car achieved a double title win in its debut year, and this 2011 model utilizes side radiators to optimize weight distribution, further improving its cornering performance. Add this high performance Honda Racing machine to your collection.

Update 2.08

A free downloadable update coming next week will add several new enhancements to GT5, as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the update 2.08 include:

• Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
  • ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.
  • Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
  • Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
  • Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
  • Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
  • Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)
Message 1 of 93 (1,282 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Re: GT5 Update 2.08

Sep 20, 2012
Thanks for the update oh great mastah!
 photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 2 of 93 (1,273 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

ooh... thanks for posting

looks like perhaps some of those items there might be associated w/ what we've seen as "changes" in the past week or two.

edit (...) removed innacurate statments.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 3 of 93 (1,254 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44618 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Ummm, all three cars cost .99. Smiley Wink

Just a reminder, this is near the middle of the original price range for DLC when this idea was first rumoured, before Prologue was out.

Message 4 of 93 (1,248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4598 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

There is the price of ($.99) listed beside each car.

edit.  oops, what he said, already posted.

Message 5 of 93 (1,245 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 20, 2012

dangit... should have read more closely.

going to cross out entire post!

and actually express that that is a little too close to B. S. for me.

Message 6 of 93 (1,239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Sep 20, 2012

"Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted."

I hope so, very tired of my g25 clutch functioning like a button with GT5.   Hopefully it will work like it used to in previous Turismos.  I don't see anything about calibration though, that still needs work with GT5.  PS3, PC all calibrates the wheel straight, GT5 however when the wheel is finished being calibrated it's slightly off to the left.  That bugs the tar out of me.  Really miss the crisp feel Turismo used to have and that I can only now get through PC sims.   It is pretty different now, it happened when everybody complained about not being able to control the x1.  It handled just fine yet PD caved to the noob audience and dialed back the awesomeness.  I guess there was just to much awesome in the awesome zone? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 93 (1,223 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

that back and forth shaking was not onlyh prevelent in the X2010's, but the Mitsu Evo X, Karts, and others.

the wheel needed a deadzone so that you did not have the wheel fighting you left and right all the time.  Going straight was very difficult on the arms.

and they fixed a problem when you hit a high banking corner the FFB would pull you back down.

I liked both of those fixes, but that is not to say they couldn't have found a way to get you what you want too.  However, I do not notice my DFGT wheel is off-centered.

IS that just something that occurs with the "G" wheels?

Message 8 of 93 (1,220 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Sep 20, 2012

EX the off center thing is something that only happens with GT5.  Not any other game on PS3 or PC (for me anyways).   I also had no problem controlling the x1 when on a straight before they changed it though.  It's 300+ MPH, hold the dang wheel tighter, it's supposed to shake.  That's what made it so gnarly to drive.  Now it's a smooth Sunday drive at 300+.    They've basically gotten rid of the sim wheel feature and now we all use arcade mode.  At least that's what it feels like to me and I've been using the same G25 since a month after G25's came out with multiple race sims on PC and turismo's.   The off center thing came about when they did the wheel nerf.  At launch my wheel calibrated straight in GT5, after the gt5 nerf, off center.  They need to implement a proper sim feature and make the wheel crisp again.    Still love GT5 but I have found myself playing a lot more on my PC lately.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 93 (1,211 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 20, 2012

yes I know the off-center thing was caused by the update and GT5 specific

but your motors are more sophisticated than the ones in the DFGT.  Mine are less precise and clunky.  There's moer of an on/off force with little in between.  The game didn't appear to know how to just very lightly push when at the center, it was full on or full of.

the motors in the DFGT would previously push against your arm, your arm would push back just in time for the other motor to push your arm the other way and so on.  it was an endless struggle to just make some cars go straight at low speeds.  There is shaking of cars at high speeds, but not such violent shakes that make driving at normal speeds impossible.

nevermind the fact that sitting still, a Kart STILL shakes the wheel back and forth at the start of a race.

IT's the game trying to prevent an imprecise motor setup in its most commonly used wheel from ruining the experience.

I agree they need to give you a different setting to use though.

As for the arcady feel, how strong is your FFB set?

Message 10 of 93 (1,207 Views)
0 Likes