MVP Support
45116 posts

Re: GT5 Update 2.08

Sep 25, 2012

Grrr! What is going on?

I just checked my tires, to see if I was still on RS tires and the car had Rain Intermediates on!

Message 61 of 93 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 25, 2012

well... the rotating picture in your sig is currently showing me some cars in the rain, so maybe the game is just trying to predict what you want?

Smiley Very Happy

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 62 of 93 (424 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45116 posts

Sep 25, 2012

So, I switched to a shorter track and the tires seemed to be OK.

At least they seemed to be lasting better.

The car had RH on and they were wearing slowly enough that I switched to RS tires. They too seemed OK, but, after a lap, when I pitted to check the tires, they were still on RH.

I am very confused now. It seems that changing tires in the pits isn't working right, or something.

Message 63 of 93 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

nm

Message 64 of 93 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Sep 25, 2012
just installed v2.08 an the screen locked up as the main menu was loading, had to reboot the system an try again?
Message 65 of 93 (373 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Sep 25, 2012

New DLC (3 cars) now available in PS3 store/add on's.  Got all of them downloaded and am now going to run them on test track.  Smiley Happy

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 66 of 93 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Sep 25, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

• Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.

*and*

• Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

So have these affected anyones tunes drastically where you've had to go back and make changes?

Message 67 of 93 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Tease3211 wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

• Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.

*and*

• Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

So have these affected anyones tunes drastically where you've had to go back and make changes?

YES.

For me anyway... Smiley Wink

As well as tires, shocks, springs and swaybars all being "adjusted" slightly in their applications. When you throw in the compound problem depending on track and race length where the wear can be different for the tires, it compounds the problem even more.

I've shake and baked RS's on some tracks and lost 1/2 a tire, and had almost no wear on others. But they held the corner and kept going.

Once you figure out what the tires are ACTUALLY going to do, the changes to me make the car side slide much more when lowered, and stiffer roll bars can actually make it worse. Stiffer springs help the tires run cooler, stiffer shocks help, but only to a point. There's a sweet spot now for each tire compound that's a little finer tuned than it was. Too soft shocks and too stiff shocks make for a whole lot of red... I have run high springs, mid shocks and minimal sways or low to mid springs, mid shocks and low sways with satisfactory results.

However, I used to use somewhere around half the lowered RH available. Most cars now are lowered a max of -4 or -5, and sometimes are a -2/+2 where they used to be -10/-8 to get the same cornering feel.

Cars will accept and use a ton of Camber now, but will get "wobbly" when going straight or braking as the weight moves in the car. Toe sets with 0.00 in the rear can cause some issues with heat and wobble when one side grabs if the suspension is soft. Neither of these seems to affect actual wear like they should, but they do seem to effect heat and stability, which can lead to a little extra wear if you're prone to sliding around. I used to run VERY low Camber numbers, now I'm running at least 2 to 3 times that.

I also have a situation where every single car I have tried so far, the tune on sheet "C" is set to Comfort Softs.

Any pit strategy or pit stop be ready to change the tire selection....

The B Spec Crew Chief Bug is back again, but a little different...

Any time you load a weather change track, make absolutely sure you go into the garage and pretend to change a setting and come back out. The track will show sunny skies and 0% surface water, but when the race starts, it's suddenly raining cats and dogs and there's 42% water on the track. By going into the garage and coming back out, it resets the display and you can now see it is indeed raining. If you don't, cars will all start on the wrong tire. If you do, the crew chiefs somehow get an instant message "oh by the way, it's wet..."

This applies to some A Spec tracks too, but I notice it mostly for B Spec.

Also, I have noticed a change in the way the weather changes now. Just because you have it on change doesn't mean it will... There is no rhyme or reason to the numbers like there used to be. I did a bunch of 4 and 7 lap races on Sarthe today with 100% weather and 20% surface water...

I had a value of 8, which always changed to dry somewhere near mid race most of the time before make the rain just lessen slightly. I ran the whole race on inters with 87% water on the track surface. The Inters gave me no problem until 81-82% was reached. The next  time it changed to nothing, then started raining again. I never got a clear sky out of 8, which is not normal compared to just weeks, even days ago.

When changed to 9, it changed on the first lap to sun every time.

On 7, it changed once to sun on the first lap, rained the entire race on the second.

On 10, it changed to light rain and then stayed there, it never cleared up as it used to. The 2nd race cleared up before lap 1 was done, the next it rained the entire race again.

All of the setting produced totally random results that were the same no matter what the number said. Might as well roll dice or play "guess the number". Anyone who guesses weight at the county fair should have a definitive advantage when using weather now.

RM tires would run anything under 20% like no water was there, and would run good through 30% -35% depending on how hard the rain was falling. After 35%, it a case of ye olds slip and slide. Inters ran 20% to 80% water with no issues, and no wear... Only when I was approaching the mid 80s and 90+ did I really start having to watch slower turns. With DF working, the tires held even with 90+% water on inters.

There's a ton of oddities this time around... Including some game save corruption issues. Make sure you back up EVERYTHING.

And then there's the fact I still can't put ATT's on my standard American Muscle Cars, not even the new Preemie knock offs...

And there's still that missing "NOT" in the allowed message for ASM and the Driving Line if you turn them off.

But at least I don't have to be afraid of no ghost... Smiley Surprised

Photobucket
Message 68 of 93 (306 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

What do you guys with clutch pedals think about the new sensitivity?  I'm getting used to it.  I've been missing some shifts.  Before, I only had to press the clutch apx half way down to disengage the gear, now it's at least 3/4 the way down.  My muscle memory now has to adjust.  I like it, just have to get used to it.  You guys like it? No? Indifferent?  Didn't notice?

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 69 of 93 (296 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45116 posts

Sep 26, 2012

And few people have mentioned getting errors while updating, so I will repeat a general warning.

When updating or installing, make sure you are not using WiFi - always update the PS3 and programs through a cable.

As for my weird tire problem, I am not sure what happened and I don't know if it still a problem or not. It seems changing tires in the pits was part of what I saw, but that is as far as I got.

Message 70 of 93 (257 Views)
0 Likes