Dec 05 2010
By: A-WIND0WLIQUOR First Son 24 posts

GT5 The NOT real driving simulator

14 replies 375 views Edited Dec 5, 2010

I realize i'm only level 21 so it may get more real.My problem with the game is the fact that my car is the only one that spins out. If i get hit in the rear i spin out. If i hit them in the rear I spin out. So i wonder if i could sue Polyphony for false advertisement. It clearly says on the cover "The Real Driving Simulator". If this were true i could put my left front into the right rear of a car and turn it into the wall, But this does not happen as the computer cars are actually on an invisible rail system.Anyway the game is great and i love it even though it is an ALMOST REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR! Good job on ALMOST making the best game ever Polyphony. You ALMOST nailed it!

Message 1 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Re: GT5 The NOT real driving simulator

Dec 5, 2010

not another one of these threads...

Photobucket
Message 2 of 15 (375 Views)
Wastelander
720 posts

Dec 5, 2010

When driving with higher horsepower cars the AI cars are like **bleep**ing tanks. If you even scratch their paint or absolutely touch them in anyway, you are guaranteed to take a little flight with your car. Why does my car act like a plastic toy while the AI cars are the complete opposite?

The worst thing about the AI is that they will smack your **bleep** if you are in their way. I wouldn't have a problem with the AI smacking **bleep** if my car actually reacted to crashes like their cars do.

Message 3 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 5, 2010

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
720 posts

Dec 5, 2010

Yes it does get so frustrating when your winning a race only to have the AI bump into you and make your car go spinning and flying in the air. then after that happens the other 11 all ram into you without any consequences

Message 5 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Dec 5, 2010

It's a great simulator, and everytime I read somebody talking about "maybe I can sue the game creator" I start laughing hysterically..........  Give me a break.  As for the other cars not spinning out, not sure what is going on but they can and will spin on my game..  I am at level 22, just about to roll to level 23.  During the races the AI are definately "strongly held" on track but can be spun/moved, but my personal opinion is the AI is "harder" for you to spin becuase the game creators made it less possible to use the AI as "brakes or turn in assistance."

First rule of Italian driving, "That which is behind you is not important."
Message 6 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Dec 5, 2010
You just need to cool off bud and stop driving so aggressively. Use the slipstreams to get ahead and take it carefully. If you're ahead, try to avoid staying in front of the other racers, because you're taking more air resistance and they can be using your slipstream. Its inevitable. But you know what? If they pass you, can take back the position just the same.
Message 7 of 15 (375 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1974 posts

Dec 5, 2010

I watched a Ruf spin out in front of me on Trial Mountain and end up in the kitty litter,  and another course also which I do not recall.  The Ruf is truely a butt happy car and as I followed the AI Ruf I watched the tail end break loose a lot.

Yes the AI are terrible, and yes they do not suffer for their sins as the live driver will, but with practise and paying attention you can learn to largely avoid them.  Ther AI is definitely a step down from Prologue as in Prologue the AI would often take evasive action to avoid collisions.  The AI in GT, in my experience never do.  All of that said GT5 is the closest to a simulation that I have yet experienced on the PS3.  The physics alone make it a simulator for than game. You can learn to avoid the AI.

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 8 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Dec 5, 2010

I can understand what you're saying but personally I can't say I have that problem.....my AI Opponents are way too far behind me for them to effect me in anyway (unless of cousre I run into the back of a Car that I'm lapping, lol)

CHEERS!

Keep'er Rubber Side Down

Message 9 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1514 posts

Dec 5, 2010
go watch the video in this thread
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series/Reality-vs
-Fiction/td-p/46498171

people hafta realise its just a video game for 70 bucks.. .wnat real life? buy a car and drive it... it costs waaay for than 70 bucks,,, also ne other pure racing sim o nthe pc is gonna run u more than this game... hell stop worrying about the minor things that make it unrealistic and focus on the realism of the driving and the tracks...
FC Barcelona - Toronto Maple Leafs - Toronto FC - Red Bull Racing F1 - www.twitter.com/FCBTML - www.devilsplaypen.tumblr.com/ - www.youtube.com/rizla420 - www.flickr.com/photos/fcbtml/
Message 10 of 15 (375 Views)