Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Re: GT5 New Demo at BestBuy. 15 Cars, 5 Tracks, #24 Nascar

Oct 8, 2010

MMXtended wrote:

erikgolson wrote:

Finally found the demo at BestBuy today and of coarse my wife was with me and none to thrilled.  I barely got to finish a couple of laps around Indy in the 24 before her eyes had burnt a hole in head.  Maybe another day 

LOL, All the more reason to go by yourself.

I stopped by my local GameStop last Friday after work to pay for my pre order, and they had the GT5 demo, of course by the time I got home, my wife was wondering where the hell I had been.

lol i head to my gamestop every day at lunch, joel ( the manager) has the store volume at low and the gt5 demo volume on high by the time i get there. i'm beginning to think i might have a real problem. but damn that little italia 454 is just so much freakin fun.

Message 231 of 236 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 13, 2010

If you live in South Florida and still want to try out the GT5 demo, Gamestop in Pembroke Lakes Mall has one up and running. Now there are 2 stores in this mall but it's NOT at the one closest to the food court, it's at the other one close to JC Penny that used to be Babbages......have fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Car can't start you have a problem....car can't stop, you have a BIG problem.
Message 232 of 236 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Oct 13, 2010

I want to play this demo so bad but my Target, Gamestop, or bestbuy does not have it. Im gonna check the mall next time I go.

Message 233 of 236 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Oct 21, 2010

SUCCESS!!! A demo has been found in Toronto, Canada around the morningside and kingston area. Demo version 1.00

On a nice windy October evening, i decided to finally take the bus home from school after constant aimless wandering. As i was on the bus, a thought came to mind. "Why don't i go over to gamestop to check up on my pre-order information, seeing as i have nothing better to do." At this time, the bus was about 3 stops away from where i would have to depart and take the 2nd bus home. After i hit my stop, i walked toward the gamestop that was only a few steps away from the bus stop. When i opened the door i noticed the PS3 kiosk to my right was working. Obviously i decided to check the PS3 to see if they updated and added a demo of GT5. At first, things were looking grim. I was at the XMB screen with the XMB hovering over an Arkham asylum demo. I then proceeded to scroll up to view the rest of the demos. I noticed that all of the same stuff from a year ago was still there after seeing infamous and UP. By now you could tell that i was feeling very disappointed that nothing had changed, even after a years time. However, i scrolled up one more time and noticed a black metallic looking icon on the edge of the top of the TV. My heart stopped for a brief moment and i rapidly scrolled up more to get a better view of this icon until what was in view was "Gran Turismo demo 2010" I nearly foamed at the mouth, but quickly re-composed myself as the shop clerk was eyeing me strangely. At this very moment, i realized true happiness. I then played  the demo for about an hour and a half. My legs ached for staying in place for so long with no movement.

Anyway enough story telling. The demo was amazing, although i only had 2 gripes about it. One which wasn't the fault of the game i believe.

Gripe #1 The controller was acting very strange. Holding X for acceleration wasn't consistent. for the majority of the race, the car's speed would fluctuate snd generally wouldn't increases. So during the start of a race, i would be left with all of the cars rapidly pulling away from me. I had to resort to using the right analog stick for throttle control which was very awkward, but i got used to it. I found reversing to be stupid as well because in order from me to reverse, i would have to hold triangle, and pull the right stick down to reverse. Very annoying 

Gripe #2 The graphics looked only slightly better than the time trial demo. This may have been due to how the PS3 was setup to the TV, but the graphics were poor in my opinion. I was also playing on an HDTV which was smaller than 30"

Everything else was perfect. Took me a while to adjust to the pro physics, but i got used to it. And my precious 458 italia seemed to spin out if I were to steer in a direction for too long. Damage was decent aswell, and i managed to roll my 458 italia after a massive crash with a gallardo.

Message 234 of 236 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

Oct 24, 2010

I finally got to play the demo also. I found it a few weeks ago but the controller was ripped off. But now I was able to find it and play. Found it at the Best Buy a little ways from me. Was making my Costco run and stopped in the BB for some other stuff and found it. After figuring out the controls, which were the same gripes I had below, I got to run the cars around for a bit. I'm not taking anything away from this though since in my opinion you couldn't have a worse controller configuration, so I'll wait till I get the game in hand and able to use my Fanatec wheel with it. One thing I thought though was loading was rather lengthy. Didn't care for that too much. I tried the Tuscano (sp) track and it was cool doing the day to night transition. Very nice. Also did a little run on the Ring. All in all my experience was ehh, but I'm not basing anything off that. I will wait till the game is in my hands.

that_guy100 wrote:

Gripe #1 The controller was acting very strange. Holding X for acceleration wasn't consistent. for the majority of the race, the car's speed would fluctuate snd generally wouldn't increases. So during the start of a race, i would be left with all of the cars rapidly pulling away from me. I had to resort to using the right analog stick for throttle control which was very awkward, but i got used to it. I found reversing to be stupid as well because in order from me to reverse, i would have to hold triangle, and pull the right stick down to reverse. Very annoying 

Gripe #2 The graphics looked only slightly better than the time trial demo. This may have been due to how the PS3 was setup to the TV, but the graphics were poor in my opinion. I was also playing on an HDTV which was smaller than 30"

EMPIRE STATE OF MIND
Message 235 of 236 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
54 posts

Nov 17, 2010

In case there are any Toronto people on here and you want to try the GT5 demo, you can head over to Yonge and Dundas and into the Future Shop and try it out.  I went there this afternoon and tried a couple different cars on the ring.

Message 236 of 236 (69 Views)
0 Likes