Oct 03 2012
By: GOM3RPLY3R First Son 9 posts

GT5 Needs Better Painting Tools

[ Edited ]
4 replies 346 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

From my experience of a car game player, I have played with many great games that allow full customization to the cars, mostly in terms of paint. In the perspective of anyone you can meet, they usually judge a book by its cover, and people are usually characterized by what they wear and look like. Now when you have this with cars, it is essentially the same thing. 

If someone were to have the same car and be in the same lobby with colors that are similar, if not, alike, and each person would see that those two people think alike, when that may or may not. The color someone choose is greatly dependent on the car style, what mood that person is in, and the overall personality of that person. 

NOW:

If we have people from Need for Speed, they will have VERY unique and intricate cars that have numerous designs and usually show off that persons personality almost to a Max. But, sadly, in GT5 we only have the option to add areo kits, paint the car and wheels, and maybe a racing mod if it is applicable. 

Now you can probably see my point here. If GT5 made a completely flexible painting program that was with an update, we could have a more diverse and complex community, where we can express our feelings and personalities more to a maximum instead of just "This Matte Color That Makes Me Look Bold," or "This Shiny Color That Has The Word 'Azul' At The End of It Like It's Some Kind Of Spanish Color."

From here we can move to possibilities of Car Art competitions, more compliments, more fun with a car, more pictures, more friends (if that makes sense), and many more things that can greatly result from this awesome feature that was left out.

Something that can probably increase the marketing of this product is by any chance that people have Drawing Pads and the programming that can be implemented into the game. 

For example, me. I have a Wacom Bamboo Capture, which is a 100$ Pad but it is just as good as the Full Size one that's 350$. I could draw my designs on a flat canvas or a canvas that contours the part(s) of the car, and they can be slightly adjusted to look just as good on flat as they do 3D, on the car. 

This would be a GREAT achievement, amazing implement to the game, and the future of it to come.

Message 1 of 5 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Re: GT5 Needs Better Painting Tools

Oct 3, 2012

good Idea, but not sure how it would affect on-line play.
12 to 16 customized cars in a lounge.
You'd have to share your SKIN with all of the other members, Plus you'd have to receive the SKIN from everyone else.

So that BLACK screen right before a race starts, will get longer with much more initial Data to Exchange so all Systems are Synced up..

then If you do a WHOLE Lot of on-line events, just think how many custom skins will have to get stored..

Hummm..   then you'd have a whole library of custom skins to choose from..

food for thought...

Message 2 of 5 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Well you could also think about, someway to implement them easily, such as how there are previously added colors to GT5. The skins could be saved as a small file that looks good, but not like a Bitmap or PNG file, something like a JMPG, which has decent to good quality and keep a small file size. All these files could be uploaded to a GT5 database that can be easily acessed by the game and could find and collect the skin while in the lobby to ensure that during the stay of the person, their cars skin is always stationed in the lobby for quick access.

If something like this seems to not work, there has to be a way. Need for Speed pulled it off, why Can't GT5?

Message 3 of 5 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 3, 2012

GT5 could pull it off, it simply isn't a priority for PD to do it.  that is not to say that should or shouldn't.

but here is a link where we discussed this at length which I was able to find in 45 seconds using the search button Smiley Wink

you may garner more attention to this topic if you post in this existing thread and that way all thoughts are kept together in one place, and more easy for PD to find (if they choose to look)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Livery-Editor-Paint-Shop-PD-pleas...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 4 of 5 (323 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Oct 4, 2012

i don't regard GT5 to be a flash up version of car racing games , i've played all of the GT series and it's the driving physics that have 

kept me hooked , ever since GT3 where tuning actually did something . 

i might miss the ability to race modify every car i owned , also the limited budget i'm allowed . i'll take driving real world cars , on great 

tracks with a real feel to it every time , the pure racing cars are a plus .

to be brutally honest , paint means i came second , horns means i did something seriously wrong and much more work is needed . 

the limiting factor with the PS , is the same old cpu is in a 40gb fattie as is in a 500gb new slim , i want as much as i can get out of 

that little engine to go towards the driving experience as it can handle , please .

Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)
0 Likes