Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: GT5 NEEDS CAR AUDIO UPDATE!

Jan 6, 2011

TXcountry wrote:

the fact is that the GM V8s dont sound like the true V8s that they are. stock and modded.  we are not talking about other cars in the game. we are talking about the GM V8s.  yea it was said in previouse posts that no V8s in the game sound true. but to clairify that it seems to be the GM V8s.  i cant comment on the Ford V8s since i stay as far away from Fords as i can.

Gotcha.  I also stay as far away from fords as possible, though GT has lead me to respect certain ford models, like the Ford GT, RS200, and Focus RS etc.  There are some good ones, but generally they suck

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 51 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 6, 2011

I like anything american with a V8. I drive a ford F150 (my first car) and my family has lots of GM .

Message 52 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 7, 2011

ALOT of the cars in stock form are VERY inaccurate. i dont know how everyone is saying just a few cars, or only when adding exhausts, or different transmissions make them sound bad. none of the cars sound like they do in real life. and im talking about cars without any mods to them. i was driving a bone stock CRZ, and it sounded like a vaccuum cleaner or something. the honda motors with VTEC dont even have VTEC (forza has it), and the cars sound like crap. the Nissan 370Z sounds like crap also. alot of V8 cars dont sound right either.
i use 1080p with my HDMI cable, and surround sound, and still, the sound of the cars are annoying. it doesnt make me not want to play though. i still enjoy the game.

not trying to bring a game war or nothing. play FM3 and listen to the cars, then play this game and tell me what sounds better.

Message 53 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Jan 7, 2011

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

CHAMMOND wrote:

i dont understand the point of posting real life and in game engine sounds. they will sound different. you dont really get a true grasp of an engines sound even over a video. you pretty much have to be there.

It's called a microphone and a recording studio so yes you can have real life engines sounds in the game.

Photobucket

im saying that hearing the sound by actually being near a car engine will sound better than from a recording. you brain can comprehend that right?

Message 54 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jan 7, 2011

I have a 5.1 sound system with Pioneer speakers and Denon receiver. The sound mixing is bad. Everyone here saying that you need a fancy sound system - well you'll just be able to nitpick at it more really. The bass of car crashes will distort my Hsu sub on occasion (although turning off EQ will help) - which means I need to turn the sub down, and then I lose out of the bass created by engines, which isn't that much to begin with. Car noises are not accurate at all! The 370Z is vicious sounding in real life (maybe even a tad harsh) but in the game it sounds like your mom's camry. S2000 in real life sounds like a hornet - in the game it just sounds raspy. A Corvette Z06 in real life has a deep note, and a burble when you let off the gas - no such thing in the game. On top of all these issues, there is a weird ass fucking drum beat on the Special Stage course, awkward screaming sounds on occasion - the sound mixing just lacks. I love the game, but I expected more in the sound department... especially since they touted the amount of cars they researched, drove, and recorded. 

Message 55 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jan 7, 2011

Gotta love threads like this. It's one of lifes unanswerable questions, something which will never be agreed upon in our lives. I was gonna bring up being at a real race track but someone beat me to it. I go to Laguna Seca fairly frequently, and nothing beats being there are and hearing everything in person. Half of the experience is feeling it in your chest as the cars fly by, and I don't care how good your setup is, nothing beats getting punched in the chest by the sound of unrestricted exhaust.

That's what she said.
Message 56 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 7, 2011

Papa_Crazy424 wrote:

On top of all these issues, there is a weird *** ******* drum beat on the Special Stage course, awkward screaming sounds on occasion - the sound mixing just lacks. I love the game, but I expected more in the sound department... especially since they touted the amount of cars they researched, drove, and recorded. 

That drum beat may be the fire works, if I'm thinking the right track; but I thought the sound was a bit off too.

Message 57 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jan 7, 2011

SteveCC wrote:

Papa_Crazy424 wrote:

On top of all these issues, there is a weird *** ******* drum beat on the Special Stage course, awkward screaming sounds on occasion - the sound mixing just lacks. I love the game, but I expected more in the sound department... especially since they touted the amount of cars they researched, drove, and recorded. 

That drum beat may be the fire works, if I'm thinking the right track; but I thought the sound was a bit off too.

Ohhh... ok. It comes at steady beats so it doesn't quite sound like fireworks. It's good know I'm not just hearing things though.

Message 58 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 7, 2011

No the "drum beat" you hear is the car going over the seams in the pavement.   Payattention tou the lines on the track corresponding with the drum beat sound.   It's like driving over a long bridge.

Message 59 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 7, 2011

joescivic wrote:

ALOT of the cars in stock form are VERY inaccurate. i dont know how everyone is saying just a few cars, or only when adding exhausts, or different transmissions make them sound bad. none of the cars sound like they do in real life. and im talking about cars without any mods to them. i was driving a bone stock CRZ, and it sounded like a vaccuum cleaner or something. the honda motors with VTEC dont even have VTEC (forza has it), and the cars sound like crap. the Nissan 370Z sounds like crap also. alot of V8 cars dont sound right either.
i use 1080p with my HDMI cable, and surround sound, and still, the sound of the cars are annoying. it doesnt make me not want to play though. i still enjoy the game.

not trying to bring a game war or nothing. play FM3 and listen to the cars, then play this game and tell me what sounds better.

I owned an evo8 and it and other evos sound exactly perfect.  as for your civics sounding like vaccum cleaners... well, it's a honda, what do you expect?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 60 of 65 (24 Views)
0 Likes