Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
8466 posts

Re: GT5 NEEDS CAR AUDIO UPDATE!

Jan 6, 2011

ARMYDUDE940 wrote:

Thank you TXcountry for knowing what im saying here. In my family there is a 1976 Trans Am 400, 1970 GTO 455, and a 2005 LS2 6.0 GTO. I think I know what a V8 sounds like my god. I absoulty know what im hearing and its not the transmision whine. Im using HDMI 5.1 suround from a new reciver so I have great sound. All the cars from GT4 (standard cars) that are V8s sound like a V8 as far as I have heard. Even in GT5 prolauge the tuned corvette sounded like a V8.

When the cars are stock I think they sound fine but when you change something it all goes downhill from there.

now you are saying in one post that the stock v8's sound fine, and then in another post agree with someone that no cars in the game sound good stock?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 41 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 6, 2011

the fact is that the GM V8s dont sound like the true V8s that they are. stock and modded.  we are not talking about other cars in the game. we are talking about the GM V8s.  yea it was said in previouse posts that no V8s in the game sound true. but to clairify that it seems to be the GM V8s.  i cant comment on the Ford V8s since i stay as far away from Fords as i can.

Message 42 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 6, 2011

What I dont get is why the Chrysler V8's dont sound like they should. The Chrysler 300C (a vehicle I own 2 of in real life, a 2006 and 2008) sounds nothing like what I have. Even though the 2006 and 2008 sound different despite being the same engine, the sounds in-game dont sound like either of my car.

Message 43 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 6, 2011

see another example of V8s not sounding right.  i havnt heard the chrystler V8s on the game so i cant really say much about them. but it seems to be the american V8s arent right.   sounds like PD doesnt know what a large displacement V8 sounds like at all.  only the smaller displacement (4 cyl, V6 and small V8) engines and engines with small pistons (V10 V12) are the ones they got close.

Message 44 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 6, 2011

Drive the new Dodge Challenger, or get a 300C from the used car lot.

I get that PD is a Japanese company, but they NEED to know that, just like in Japan, our culture of cars is what makes us unique.

What PD needs to figure out is that NASCAR doesnt use Superchargers... The car sounds like it's got one...

Message 45 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Jan 6, 2011

i dont understand the point of posting real life and in game engine sounds. they will sound different. you dont really get a true grasp of an engines sound even over a video. you pretty much have to be there.

Message 46 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3554 posts

Jan 6, 2011

CHAMMOND wrote:

i dont understand the point of posting real life and in game engine sounds. they will sound different. you dont really get a true grasp of an engines sound even over a video. you pretty much have to be there.

It's called a microphone and a recording studio so yes you can have real life engines sounds in the game.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 47 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Jan 6, 2011

exXboxFan wrote:

well if you pay attention to when the sound changes, it's when you do the trans mod, in my experience.

whenever you do a trans mod to fully adj, it sounds like the same car.  what appears to happen is that you are hearing the sound of the transmission and it is much louder than perhaps it should be, and is definitely louder than the engine, making your V8 sound be drounded out by a whiny sound from the trans...  it may be too loud to drown out the engine from certain views, but it does make some sense because higher performance transmissions do make more noise than the ones made for comfy driving

that's my non-expert observation at least... I'll keep listening for this...

Real race cars are extremely loud inside the car. About all you can hear is gear whine, squeks and rattles constantly. Look up videos of a real race car cockpit videos. Many racing transmissions use straight cut gears in the trans, they are much stronger than helical cut gears, but much, much louder. Many real race cars, the sound of the engine is muffled out by all the other mechanics of the car. Most people have no understanding of how harsh, loud, hot and rough a race car is to drive. Temps often exceed 125ºF in the cockpit. The seats are rock hard. You are strapped so tightly in the seat every vibrartion goes through your eyeballs. The myriad of noises from everywhere and the pressure to do well is why only a selct few can actually race a real race car. Racing is truly a mans sport. It takes a man with balls of iron to race and win.

Message 48 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 6, 2011

i posted a video from the cockpit of the C6R.  yes its noisy in race cars. i agree 100% with your post.   but that doesnt make the V8 engine sound like a V6.  like in the game. 

Message 49 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 6, 2011
T4CFantasy wrote:

you are a re tard like i said remove enhause and super charger and youll see,
  i have tested this myself... xD bet you all im correct.. well because i am! 
i have over 640 cars now modded every american one out of those...  and i can make
them ALL sound as real as possible transmission barely makes any differance its the
exhaust and supercharger/turbos, fooools -.-

Im am pretty sure you cant remove the ehause on the vette RM.

Message 50 of 65 (17 Views)
0 Likes