Wastelander
695 posts

Re: GT5 NEEDS CAR AUDIO UPDATE!

Jan 5, 2011

Yeah,i've thought that to myself,but had/have no real data to back it up, i actually just prefer the above car view because i cant actually feel the g's and it helps to know the car's pitch/yaw through some turns,prolly just me though.(for the most part)

Photobucket
Message 21 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 5, 2011

My suggestion, get the external sound of the cars and just muffled it!

Message 22 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Jan 5, 2011

..apart from the stereo downmixing in this game not being very good - your engine sound disappearing when close to other cars, for example - yeah, I agree. Have one problem with this game that I wish they'd sort out, and it's how the car engine loses the characteristic sound after the mods. Stage 1, not so bad. Stage 3, and a lot of cars start to sound exactly the same.

Message 23 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
703 posts

Jan 5, 2011

exXboxFan wrote:

well if you pay attention to when the sound changes, it's when you do the trans mod, in my experience.

whenever you do a trans mod to fully adj, it sounds like the same car.  what appears to happen is that you are hearing the sound of the transmission and it is much louder than perhaps it should be, and is definitely louder than the engine, making your V8 sound be drounded out by a whiny sound from the trans...  it may be too loud to drown out the engine from certain views, but it does make some sense because higher performance transmissions do make more noise than the ones made for comfy driving

that's my non-expert observation at least... I'll keep listening

You must be talking about this sound,granted in a "Race Car" that has been weight reduced  you will get more of the WHINE but add this tranny to a "Stock" car and say you couldnt hear it..I had a t5 with straight cut gears in my Mustang for 3 years until the novelty of the sound got old while driving it around town.

Photobucket
Message 24 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Jan 5, 2011

Perhaps part of the issue is with licensing / copyright for the tuned  engine sounds.  How many official aftermarket tuning items can we buy  for the cars in GT5?  I don't think I've actually seen a single one, so  for example rather than buying say a Magnaflow racing exhaust system  (which I'm sure adds a very specific exhaust note) we're putting on  "Generic Titanium racing exhaust" which adds a generic racing exhaust  sound. 

Add to that the sound changes caused by Generic Engine  Upgrade X, Generic Turbo Y, Generic Drivetrain Upgrade Z and so on, we  end up with "Generic Tuned Engine Sound_01".  Since it's a non-specifc  Race Modification being added to a car, rather than a pre-built race car  they're licensed to replicate the sound for, you end up with a generic  sounding race car.  Granted maybe PD could have done better with how the  generic sounds turned out for certain cars with certain mods, but still  it's a possibility I thought interesting after listening to various  cars / sounds on Youtube and seeing a lot of parts company sponsor  decals on race cars.

Has anyone tried comparing sounds  of totally stock / unmodified cars to the originals?  Perhaps the low  end idle sound or 65mph in 5th gear driving "gently" sound, I seem to  recall the Shelby Cobra I won sounded really really good with little /  no mods.

Food for thought?

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 25 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 5, 2011

have none of yall ever heard the sound of a V8?  or ever heard the sound of the C6-R? GTO.R? or any of the other big V8 cars? they dont sound like a V6!  my GTO is moded with a large cam in it does not sound like a V6 either. and the new Camaros SS stock does not sound like a V6.

but in the game they sound like a V6 STOCK. and modded.

NO LSX engine in this game sounds like it should.

it dont matter if you have 7.1 suround or 5.1 surround.  its the same guttles V6 sound.

you guys that think the V8s sound good and real in this game are nuts. or have never been around or heard a strong V8.

the closest thing to the true sound of the V8 are the old clasic muscle cars.

and stop bringing up the trans whine. thats not what this is about. yes race car trans whine but they also have a very lound strong engine  with some grunt to it.   

Message 26 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 5, 2011

Message 27 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 5, 2011

where is this sound from a vette in this game?? its not there!

Message 28 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 5, 2011

Yes this is excatly what I mean! I dont care about the trans. whine because its more realilistic that an v6 sound in a vette. I love the sound of the old camaro RM. I sounds like a V8! I dont even care if the v8 sound is perfect but just give us a deep sound like the vidieos above.

Also does anyone know how we can make this subject be know of to Polyphony?

Message 29 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 5, 2011

ARMYDUDE940 wrote:

Today I decided to get a corvette z06 and do the race mode to it. So i did and then when I got it out on the track and heared the noise it made I was very dissapointed. IT SOUNDS LIKE A SCREAMING V6! I tried every thing to make it sound like a v8 but go nowere. I hope the next update will help this issue because it is quite annoying.

Thanks for the support.

I think you're losing sight of what your first post was on this... that when you modded teh z06 it ceased to sound like a v8.  now, you are complaining that it never has sounded like a v8, and that NONE of the cars in the game have a throaty, deep growl to them.  funny, almost every car in the game sounds very unique from the others when racing stock in my experience.

you keep posting the comment that you don't care if the whine of the trans is too loud or whatever, but the point I keep making about that is that there probably is a v8 sound burried under there somewhere, and the fact that they are mixing in other sounds to modify that sound, is probably what is distasteful to you (and me too, I admit).

the original sound of many of the super cars and other v8s do sound incredible to me, and we have reason to believe they held a mic up to most of them and recorded the sound directly, using the BEST POSSIBLE technology.

I think someone really needs to post a stock vs stock comparison of real life and in game before this can be settled...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 30 of 65 (58 Views)
0 Likes