First Son
12 posts

Re: GT5 NEEDS CAR AUDIO UPDATE!

Jan 4, 2011

I have to agree with the OP and it has nothing to do with A/V setup. A lot of the cars in the game sound great, that just makes the mistakes all the more obvious. Converting a Corvette ZR1 into a racing machine would produce a sound that could part the oceans, make children cry and women scream.

I think a lot of us realize how diffucult it is to accurately render the sound of a digitally modded car, but we also can imagine a sound that is at least in the same ballpark.

Message 11 of 65 (86 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 4, 2011

As i've already saidk, it may only be a case of the "mix" between the original sound and the modded characteristics being mixed into the final product in the wrong proportions...  They may need to also slide up the volume of the original sound higher as the mods get more hardcore... though, I don't know what methods they actually use to mix the sounds.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 12 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 4, 2011

do others a favor by not posting stupid comments like that and go listen to the sound of a V8 weather it be a race car or a street car. either way V8s dont sound like a screaming V6. i have my sound ran through optical and the TV is 1080p. and the V8s still sound like a V6. 

it doesnt matter what you have your sound run through the cars will still sound close to the same.

yes most of the V6 cars and 4 bangers sound true.  but when it comes to the V8s they just dont sound like a V8 should.

and regardless if you have the fully customizable trans that does whine, the engine sounds on the V8s is still way off.

the camaro SS i bought sounded like a V6 stock.  with it fully modded without the supercharger it just sounds like a pissed off V6.  very disapointing.

V8s are supose to have some grunt to them. not whine like a little 4 banger or V6. makes me wonder if japan knows what a V8 sounds like. i would be glad to let them hear mine!

Message 13 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1459 posts

Jan 5, 2011

Really? Have any of you heard the sound from a hollowed out race car? All you can hear is the whine of the transmission... You are confusing this with the engine?

Message 14 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 5, 2011

I know what the transmision whine is and I have no problem with it. Yes it is to loud for stock car that are not hollowed out. But the thing that I hate is the V6 sound. You cant hear the trans whine from out side the car but the engine is screamin like a 6. I have HDMI stuff so it is not that at all. All the old gt4 v8s sound good so I would be happy if they just used the old c5r sound or something like that.

Message 15 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Jan 5, 2011

I have not noticed the 'screaming v6' thing as mentioned, but your current car view also affects the sound,running mine through a 7.1 reciever,the race modified zr1 sounds almost exactly like the real one (compuware c6r) from using the 'halo' view of the car anyway.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 5, 2011

I am usually in the interior view but it still sounds like a v6 from any view.

Message 17 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 5, 2011

It sounds like this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2wjf_k-1SY

sounds like an V6 to me.

Message 18 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1077 posts

Jan 5, 2011

rotaries have best sound ever

but they sound like nothing in game

specially the furai sounds horrible in game, hea it on youtube and compare it in game

CURRENT CHAMPION OF 2011 OF NOT WINNING ANYTHING
Message 19 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1074 posts

Jan 5, 2011

Shanetune1 wrote:

I have not noticed the 'screaming v6' thing as mentioned, but your current car view also affects the sound,running mine through a 7.1 reciever,the race modified zr1 sounds almost exactly like the real one (compuware c6r) from using the 'halo' view of the car anyway.

A shantune Tag

I realized that everything is better from that view. Has anyone noticed that the game appears to run smoother from that view?

Beta tested: Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Little Big Planet 2, Metal Gear Online, Uncharted 2, ModNation Racers, MAG, and Battle Field Bad Company 2
Deadcell34
Message 20 of 65 (86 Views)
0 Likes