Jan 03 2011
By: ARMYDUDE940 First Son 19 posts

GT5 NEEDS CAR AUDIO UPDATE!

64 replies 837 views Edited Jan 3, 2011

Today I decided to get a corvette z06 and do the race mode to it. So i did and then when I got it out on the track and heared the noise it made I was very dissapointed. IT SOUNDS LIKE A SCREAMING V6! I tried every thing to make it sound like a v8 but go nowere. I hope the next update will help this issue because it is quite annoying.

Thanks for the support.

Message 1 of 65 (837 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Re: GT5 NEEDS CAR AUDIO UPDATE!

Jan 3, 2011

yea man its bad! really bad!   and also the old V8 muscle cars sound like they have a terrible missfire. 

Pease PD fix this! 

Message 2 of 65 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
604 posts

Jan 3, 2011

I tried turning off the music for the races completely,  Then when my car would slow down it would make my speakers pop and crackle.  I have to keep the music at 40 otherwise it will sound like poo.  I can't call that one a TV issue because GT5 is the only game for xbox and ps3 that it has ever done it with.

So a seperate problem for me, but I agree something with the audio should change

Photobucket
Message 3 of 65 (837 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 4, 2011

I dont have the poping problem but I just found out the ZR1 race mode is a V6 sound too. This is really a issue that I thought the makers would not overlook but I guess they did. I really hope they fix it.

Message 4 of 65 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 4, 2011

well if you pay attention to when the sound changes, it's when you do the trans mod, in my experience.

whenever you do a trans mod to fully adj, it sounds like the same car.  what appears to happen is that you are hearing the sound of the transmission and it is much louder than perhaps it should be, and is definitely louder than the engine, making your V8 sound be drounded out by a whiny sound from the trans...  it may be too loud to drown out the engine from certain views, but it does make some sense because higher performance transmissions do make more noise than the ones made for comfy driving

that's my non-expert observation at least... I'll keep listening for this...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 5 of 65 (837 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 4, 2011

I agree. almost every car sounds like my Vaccume cleaner. The graffics are good and I enjoy the game play but they put no effort into the sounds

Message 6 of 65 (837 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Jan 4, 2011

Not sure what you expect to hear out of your TV speakers but, it sounds great in 7.1 surround. 

http://www.tunerspit.com
Message 7 of 65 (837 Views)
Survivor
2705 posts

Jan 4, 2011

I can't disagree with this at all, I found the "race modified" Vette engine sound quite odd. My biggest problem with engine sounds, is that I just can't hear them. My engine is drowned out by the engines of the cars around me... even when I should be the biggest screamer in the bunch. I shouldn't have to be looking at my tach when making gear shifts off the starting line, for example. The only view with decent engine volume, is the rear camera view, and that's just not a view I care to use. The engine sounds need to be raised for all other views IMHO.

Premier Member MY350Z since 11/03/2005
Photobucket
Message 8 of 65 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 4, 2011

are you all serious? omg plz do yourself a favor and get 1080p with hdmi and run  it on small theater audio there is only 3 cars that dont sound correct and its the GNX, Taurous SHO and Camaro IROC-Z  and the solution is to remove just 2 parts... exaust and super charger

T4C Fantasy Website: http://74.97.44.63:2698/
Message 9 of 65 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 4, 2011

don't get me wrong, I'm very satisfied with many of the cars' audio presentation.  However, when you begin modifying them, sometimes the way they mix in the new sound characteristics is innacurate, making the trans way too loud.  There is little difference, for instance, in a civic with heavy mods and racing trans and any other car with the same... the modded sound drowns out the original sound...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 10 of 65 (837 Views)
0 Likes