Dec 09 2013
By: Lord_Beelzebub Fender Bender 3586 posts

GT5 Hackers Eliminated Possibility of Importing into GT6

[ Edited ]
36 replies 1821 views Edited Dec 9, 2013

So I stubbled upon THIS article that seemed to indicate that PD had plans on letting us import our GT5 garage into GT6 but because people found a way to hack the saved data file, they ruined that for all of us.  The article does indicate that the file for GT6 is more secure and I assume as long as people don't figure out a way to hack it, PD plans on letting us move GT6's garage into GT7.

Here is the article, it was short.

"Kazunori Yamauchi, the leader of the team at Polyphony Digital working on Gran Turismo 6, says that his studio will not allow players to import save game data from the previous title in the racing game series because it has already been hacked by fans.

He tells Eurogamer that, “For Gran Turismo 5 to Gran Turismo 6 there’ll be no real transfer of data. The main reason for that is the GT5 save data has been cracked already, so we can’t really confirm the validity of the save data.”

It seems that a new format for saved game data is being used for GT6 and that it is secure enough that transfers can be done for Gran Turismo 7.

The new racing game will introduce enhanced mechanics, although some might not be ready in time for launch."

Thanks hackers!!  In every single game your hacking ways just end up ruining everything for everybody.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 1 of 37 (1,821 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: GT5 Hackers Eliminated Possibility of Importing into GT6

Dec 9, 2013

it's fine really.  Not the cracking of the game saves, but that we needed to start over.

We're very likely going to be with this game for two years.  Starting over is only going to "hurt" (if you can call it that) for a short time.

Soon enough, we'll have our collections built up and pockets full Smiley Happy

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 2 of 37 (1,794 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Dec 9, 2013
Maybe bringing cars over from the old game may not have been possible since they are now upgraded. But maybe we could have brought over credits we had earned, paint chips, racing suits. That would have been nice.
Message 3 of 37 (1,783 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 9, 2013

when people refer to "bringing over cars" from another game, they assume it means copying over the data that defines each car's shape.  That would be impossible with the refined old-standards.  But the car entry in a database is simple to copy.  If player had Car A in GT6, then create an entry in the database for the same car in GT6.  Simple.

So it's ideological or as a response to the cracking.  Either way, it's miniscule IMO.  The anniversary edition didn't cost extra also... so that's some cars in your garage to get you thorugh the races if you really need them Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 37 (1,777 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Dec 9, 2013

I have a very low opinion of the jerks who constantly undermine everything, but overall I agree with Ex. Let it go and move on. 

Thanks for confirming my suspicions though. I thought that an import function would have been pretty easy (if nothing else, just the car names to correlate to the new models) and wondered why they didn't "allow" it.

A few deep breaths and... Cest 'le vie 

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 5 of 37 (1,775 Views)
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Dec 9, 2013
So did I read that right? No gifting? I wouldnt have transferred my garage anyways. Thats part of the fun. But so is sending ppl cars they want.

Reading between the lines that could easily be directed at those of us who duped. No?
Dirty_Harry44
Message 6 of 37 (1,766 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Dec 9, 2013

Aside from the direct hacker issue, not sure. One thing is though. Freedoms abused by a few are often lost by all.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 7 of 37 (1,756 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Dec 9, 2013

IDK what all PD would had planned to let us bring over from GT5, probably not the cars since they are the old rendered ones unless GT6 would have just looked at the GT5 file, saw what cars we had owned previously and the new cars in GT6 would have automatically been put in our garage.  Like I said earlier though, maybe credits we had earned could have been brought over, paint chips, suits, who knows what else.

People can still get the same enjoyment from the game without having to start at square one every time a new GT comes out.  I could own every car in the game right now and it wouldn't take away from me enjoying progressing through career mode, Seasonal Events, Special Events, or anything else.  I understand people like to play the "traditional" way, but that doesn't have to be the only way to enjoy the game.

Message 8 of 37 (1,753 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 9, 2013

LB, see my post above Smiley Wink

Also for the gifting thing... that may be coming in the community features update in January, because we currently don't even have a list of friends visible in GT6 to use as the launching point to be able to send something to someone.

Message 9 of 37 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4648 posts

Dec 9, 2013

If gifting starts later, that sort of fits into the let-everybody-play-for-a while idea before they give each other everything.

Message 10 of 37 (1,745 Views)
0 Likes