Feb 10 2011
By: StuByph Uncharted Territory 1680 posts

GT4 vs GT5 "Traveling the Map"

12 replies 102 views Edited Feb 10, 2011

This is my final chapter of the GT4 vs GT5 same as always would u pay fo an addon to get these features back

DSC02471.JPG

everyone has events...just more ways to rank up and make money

DSC02466.JPG

dang the dealerships got events

DSC02474.JPG

look at all that rally dedication...a dealership for classic cars...driving missions just another 34 things to do to rank up and make money

Tuner Village!!!!!!!

DSC02479.JPG

yes sir tuner village ...that is where all that original stuff comes from as seen in GT4 vs GT5 "Tunning"

well thats all I hope I get some responses to these GT4vsGT5 chapters...I hope there are true GT fans that have a valued opion on our getting shorted such awesome features......

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 1 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Re: GT4 vs GT5 "Traveling the Map"

Feb 10, 2011

100% Agree.  But don't think it will happen.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 2 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 10, 2011

i totally agree that GT4 for some reason was so much bigger of a game and had so much more variety to it.  all the stuff you listed above should be in GT5.  rally races, dealership races, the tuner village, multiple car dealerships (not just a USD).  As of right now GT4 was a better game because of the variety.  But GT5 has a lot more cars and its so realistic.  Im not saying GT4 wasnt realistic, but GT5 really feels like your actually driving the car. 

The only defense i can say for GT5 is that its a new system and the developers need to redo a lot of the game in order for it to run on PS3.  But with taking about 5 years to release GT5 i wouldve thought they would have had all options you had in GT4 plus some.  Especially since they were talking about drifting and nascar so much before release.  Another thing i DID like about GT5 is the seasonal events and how much credits you earned from doing them.  But now that the old seasonals are replaced with this new beginner crap, i dont feel the same.

Maybe the devs are working on adding more races like they had in GT4 but they just want to perfect everything so its taking long.  But if this game does not add more of a variety of races then it will never surpass GT4. 

My opinion for right now     GT4>GT5.    but hopefully not for long.

Message 3 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Feb 10, 2011

I liked the map more than the current layout of GT5, but it makes no difference to me. If it is easy to navigate, it satisfies me. GT5 does just that.

IMO, there are enough special events in GT5 for leveling up. It simply needs a higher and more varied number of races to gain experience from. The bonus races have been absolutely amazing thus far, satisfying this need for me, but I heard the 7th series of races is more based on drivetrain than a type of car. Which isn't what I'm looking for, but it is still better than nothing.

A bunch of one make races would be great! Give us a reason to purchase all of these cars that are available to us. Another thing that the bonus races, until the 7th series, has been great for.

I wasn't too into tuner village back in the day. It was cool to have an original turbocharger that gave less power but more torque than a stage 4 turbo from a dealership, but I could have lived without it.

Message 4 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Feb 10, 2011

You can do more one-make races in GT5 because you can take any car to arcade mode and select one-make race, thus negating the dealership races. The seasonal events are your source for credits and leveling up, and they are refreshed so that you're not stuck with the same races forever.

The Tuner cars are all there in GT5. They just show up in the UCD like other standards. Then there are a plethora of tuning companies listed in the New Car dealership, among the major manufacturers. Nothing from the GT4 tuner world is missing.

There is a course generator to create infinite rally courses, so GT4's rally pales in comparaison. Rally doesn't usually take place on the same track over and over and over again.

Even the regional races are present. They're just in the A-spec events, rather than off in their own submenu, which I think is an improvement. Euro Classics, Deutch Touring Championship, Frech hot hatch, british lightweights... all present in GT5, just like they were in GT4.

DriverSports.org
Message 5 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 10, 2011

CoolSOB wrote:

I liked the map more than the current layout of GT5, but it makes no difference to me. If it is easy to navigate, it satisfies me. GT5 does just that.

IMO, there are enough special events in GT5 for leveling up. It simply needs a higher and more varied number of races to gain experience from. The bonus races have been absolutely amazing thus far, satisfying this need for me, but I heard the 7th series of races is more based on drivetrain than a type of car. Which isn't what I'm looking for, but it is still better than nothing.

A bunch of one make races would be great! Give us a reason to purchase all of these cars that are available to us. Another thing that the bonus races, until the 7th series, has been great for.

I wasn't too into tuner village back in the day. It was cool to have an original turbocharger that gave less power but more torque than a stage 4 turbo from a dealership, but I could have lived without it.

Not worried about navigation really just all the things that are no longer in GT5 that should have been featured in it...

Ok so there are enuff races to level up in XP...yet needs to be more races to gain XP.......OK

Well I just feel ripped off cus  getting 1st place does not give you all the rewards for the places below...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 6 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 10, 2011

ForgetfuI wrote:

You can do more one-make races in GT5 because you can take any car to arcade mode and select one-make race, thus negating the dealership races. The seasonal events are your source for credits and leveling up, and they are refreshed so that you're not stuck with the same races forever.

The Tuner cars are all there in GT5. They just show up in the UCD like other standards. Then there are a plethora of tuning companies listed in the New Car dealership, among the major manufacturers. Nothing from the GT4 tuner world is missing.

There is a course generator to create infinite rally courses, so GT4's rally pales in comparaison. Rally doesn't usually take place on the same track over and over and over again.

Even the regional races are present. They're just in the A-spec events, rather than off in their own submenu, which I think is an improvement. Euro Classics, Deutch Touring Championship, Frech hot hatch, british lightweights... all present in GT5, just like they were in GT4.

Yea no rewards money or XP so usless IMO..and you can only do seasonal once and thats it...it does not bother me to do races over and over again watch SPEED TV and see how many tracks get raced over and over agin and how its the same diffrent same diffrent over and over again...LOL...racing is a repetative sport much like all other sports no matter how u beat it wiht a stick.

The point is that there is no tuner shops to go to to buy their tune parts for your car...this is stated in GT4vsGT5 "Tunning" my first chapter to this battle of the GT's..go check it out and you will see what is missing that the tuner village gave use...not much but I liked it

I hate to say it but the course designer needs a good overhaul...I cant even make my own Drag Strip...and the abilities in it are kinda restricted IMO...I wud have rather had all my tracks from GT4 as to the track editor

Never the less there are more events in GT4 still than there are in GT5...this makes no sense to me....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 7 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 10, 2011

they should have left Nascar to Activision and rebirthed GT4 on GT5......I think Nascar on GT5 is cool but a waiste of time in which they could have given us a Formula D1 series and much other Grand Touring race series

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 8 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Feb 10, 2011

Well I just feel ripped off cus  getting 1st place does not give you all the rewards for the places below...

Not every bonus race needs to be geared for the rich, experienced racer.

Message 9 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 10, 2011

CoolSOB wrote:

Not every bonus race needs to be geared for the rich, experienced racer.

Yeah I guess...but I'm just experienced not rich...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 10 of 13 (102 Views)
0 Likes