MVP Support
44891 posts

Re: GT4 vs GT5 "Tracks"

Feb 12, 2011

multimediaman wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

In an upcoming interview, Kaz expressed surprise that anyone still wanted Mid-field.

... wut.

Kaz should know that every track in the games is appreciated.

Mid-field was a good technical course...

If I were him I'd focus on having all of the tracks that have been in a GT game put to GT5 in the long run.  I mean, how awesome would that be?  Would make the online mode take on a whole new degree of fun fo SHO

You, me and nearly every other GT driver who has ever played an earlier version knows this.

(I still fondly remember the high banks of the first High Speed Ring.)

Why it isn't obvious at the other end baffles me.

Message 31 of 35 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 13, 2011

Right now, the race tracks are really good and addicting, but honestly, the only tracks that I would actually care about coming back to Gran Turismo 5 that was from the previous games are the Las Vegas Drag Strip (Just so the drag strip fans get what they want) and Apricot Hill. Honestly, the tracks in Gran Turismo 4 were pretty forgettable aside from Apricot Hill (I only just remembered the Las Vegas Drag Strip due to the picture above.

Now what I would like to see is the missing courses from Gran Turismo 3. These include Midfield Raceway, Settle City Course, Test Track, and Tahiti Maze, those were awesome and I would pay for those.

@Sven-RIT: I think Indy is rare because it is primarily a NASCAR course and thus they only really need to add it once. That's like complainig that Daytona is only in one offline racing event. As for the reverse racing omission, I consider it a smaller loss then variations of the track.

Got my PS3!

Games: Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, SingStar + Dance.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 32 of 35 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Feb 13, 2011

Limelight788 wrote:

Right now, the race tracks are really good and addicting, but honestly, the only tracks that I would actually care about coming back to Gran Turismo 5 that was from the previous games are the Las Vegas Drag Strip (Just so the drag strip fans get what they want) and Apricot Hill. Honestly, the tracks in Gran Turismo 4 were pretty forgettable aside from Apricot Hill (I only just remembered the Las Vegas Drag Strip due to the picture above.

Now what I would like to see is the missing courses from Gran Turismo 3. These include Midfield Raceway, Settle City Course, Test Track, and Tahiti Maze, those were awesome and I would pay for those.

All the tracks you're mentioning  from GT3 are featured in GT4....... I'd say you played GT3 more than you did GT4...not trying to put you down me and my home boy still Drifting on GT3

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 33 of 35 (68 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 13, 2011

I wouldn't mind seeing Lime Rock as an addon track (I race there for real)... I'd pay for it in the game

Message 34 of 35 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Feb 14, 2011

ForgetfuI wrote:

Spoil-t wrote:

GT5 is the worst rated console GT game ever. That says something.

Logo

^^Click Me!

That's like pointing out the worst looking girl in the Playmates calendar.

The general gaming public, and the general gaming media, don't get racing sims. They rate it they way they do other video games, not like a racing sim.

If you want a fair review, wait for Inside Sim Racing to do their full review. They've done a first look that you can watch here:

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/200/0/Gran-Turismo-5

GT5 is the best GT yet, so the critics are wrong. The physics are the most important thing in a racing sim, and GT5 has the best physics of any GT, and any console game. So say the true experts.

SUre the pshyics are good but that's the only good thing about GT5. I want more then that. Previous GT titles had way more content & it was better. (10 race championships with 10-15 lap races comapred to GT5's 6 race championships with 7 lap races)

Message 35 of 35 (68 Views)
0 Likes