Sep 23 2009
By: Griffith525 First Son 2 posts

GT has changed!

8 replies 8 views Edited Sep 23, 2009

I just got GT Prologue and was very impressed.  GT looks better than ever and GT TV has added a whole new dimension.  Seeing the cars in the game (sim) in real life really ads a lot for me.  I just wanted to say a few things, hoping the developers might see this:

GT TV is a great idea, please keep it up.  Seeing the cars in real life not to mention the people that created the game (sim) ads a lot to the experience.  Learning that the GT team had their hand in a car's development process is a big deal.

I think it would add a lot to be able to "see" your garage, to be able to walk around in it and choose your car that way.  I think it would bring you into the game more.

I saw the producer driving the GT-5 on the autoban.  Has there ever been any thought  to putting a stretch of the autoban into the game as a track or a road that you could drive to from your garage?

Really looking forward to GT5, and from what I've seen so far, will be a must buy!  Thanks!

Jon Griffith 

Message 1 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3224 posts

Re: GT has changed!

Sep 23, 2009

Griffith525 wrote:

I just got GT Prologue and was very impressed.  GT looks better than ever and GT TV has added a whole new dimension.  Seeing the cars in the game (sim) in real life really ads a lot for me.  I just wanted to say a few things, hoping the developers might see this:

GT TV is a great idea, please keep it up.  Seeing the cars in real life not to mention the people that created the game (sim) ads a lot to the experience.  Learning that the GT team had their hand in a car's development process is a big deal.

I think it would add a lot to be able to "see" your garage, to be able to walk around in it and choose your car that way.  I think it would bring you into the game more.

I saw the producer driving the GT-5 on the autoban.  Has there ever been any thought  to putting a stretch of the autoban into the game as a track or a road that you could drive to from your garage?

Really looking forward to GT5, and from what I've seen so far, will be a must buy!  Thanks!

Jon Griffith 

I don't think this would fit in with GT so much. Games have done it in the past, (the old NFS titles) and they were just big free roaming racing games. No doubt, it would be kinda cool to drive to your garage and around car dealerships (a bit like Driven to Destruction on the PS2) but I somehow can't see it being implemented.

I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 2 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Sep 23, 2009

Welcome to the forums Griffith525

There has been many changes in GT5P from the other gt's the graphics and the online game play set up by the forum members has been wonderful. With the Tokyo game show starting later tonight here in the this time zone, we should find out about GT5 soon. The times they will be A-changing. Here's hoping a new GRAN TURISMO tomorrow.

photo 20131225_185628_zpsdv5taxs_edit_1390149277506_zpsaxe1tvvv.jpg
Message 3 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Sep 23, 2009
I like the idea, I think project gotham allowed you to walk around your garage, or maybe it was where you bought your cars, but anyway, thinking about it more I don't think it would work too well in GT5 because you could potentially own like 1000 cars, so you'd need an airplane hanger to store them all, and walking through your garage to find one specific car out of potentially 1000 cars could be a little tedious, lol "where'd I park it damnit".
Message 4 of 9 (8 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1080 posts

Sep 23, 2009
where did i park!? but seriously, i think a virtual garage is a good idea, with all the work that goes into these cars i really want to be able to appreciate them asthetically. more than jsut the pre-rendered menu screens in GT5P. i agree i can see looking though a parking lot of cars could get difficult, but it could very easily be integrated into the dealer system, i.e. you sort the cars by brand or color or whatever, (kinda like them old auto trader commercials) to cut down on the number of cars you're looking at during any given time. i'd imagine that it would be a lot for the system to render 20-50-100-1000 cars all at once. perhaps a garage where you can have up to 20 favorites or something. i dont know, just throwing it out there.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12799 posts

Sep 24, 2009

AUTOSHOCK wrote:
I like the idea, I think project gotham allowed you to walk around your garage, or maybe it was where you bought your cars, but anyway, thinking about it more I don't think it would work too well in GT5 because you could potentially own like 1000 cars, so you'd need an airplane hanger to store them all, and walking through your garage to find one specific car out of potentially 1000 cars could be a little tedious, lol "where'd I park it damnit".

I actually really liked this about PGR2. Although it did have flaws, it could take a while just to get to a certain manufacturer and than you would have to walk back. As Well as I liked it though I understand why they took it out.

They could always mix the showroom with the menu settup though.

Playing :NCAA Football 10, Need for Speed: Shift, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
PS3 Slim Owner
Message 6 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 24, 2009

Ya that's the idea: being able to look at the cars you own and really get a feeling for them being physically there, ready to drive.  I think it would add a lot to the realism already there.  

The autobahn idea came from the GT-R video on GT TV.  It was just a really amazing sight seeing the producer speed by busses and slow cars at 300km/h.  Also, I've always wanted to drive on the autobahn, but that's not going to happen as I live in Texas.

One more thing I'd like say but I'm almost sure they've considered it, if not implemented it, is it would be great to have access to some classic cars like the '70s Challenger and the original GT 40, maybe even a DeLorean or a '47 Ford.  I know, sounds crazy, but it would be very cool.

I'm getting more and more excited for GT5, but all that said, I'm REALLY glad they're taking their time and doing it RIGHT.  One of the worst things in the world is a rushed game.

Jon 

Message 7 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3224 posts

Sep 24, 2009

Griffith525 wrote:

Ya that's the idea: being able to look at the cars you own and really get a feeling for them being physically there, ready to drive.  I think it would add a lot to the realism already there.  

The autobahn idea came from the GT-R video on GT TV.  It was just a really amazing sight seeing the producer speed by busses and slow cars at 300km/h.  Also, I've always wanted to drive on the autobahn, but that's not going to happen as I live in Texas.

One more thing I'd like say but I'm almost sure they've considered it, if not implemented it, is it would be great to have access to some classic cars like the '70s Challenger and the original GT 40, maybe even a DeLorean or a '47 Ford.  I know, sounds crazy, but it would be very cool.

I'm getting more and more excited for GT5, but all that said, I'm REALLY glad they're taking their time and doing it RIGHT.  One of the worst things in the world is a rushed game.

Jon 

It's great, until you see a black Porsche, grey BMW, and beige Mercecedes zooming up behind you in the outside lane, while you're driving an Opel Astra estate. You gotta move out of the way of the cars going 150mph, even if you're doing 100mph and think it's fast.

I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 8 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Sep 24, 2009

for that many cars you would need to buy a car...to drive around and find the car you actually wanted and possibly few gas stations so you don't run out of fuel, get lost and die of hunger and dehydration (how's that for realism in games Smiley Tongue )
perr0133
Message 9 of 9 (8 Views)
0 Likes