Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Re: GT academy?

Dec 23, 2010

HyperKat wrote:

because 2 tires are still on the curbing.........crappy I know, but also most of the top 100 times are with the $300 dollar wheel.

The playing field isn't level i'm dissapointed I got my hopes up.

Hyperkat sig

I noticed that the #4 in my region is using a controller.  As well as several others in the top 100.  Yes most of them use some wheel, but it has been proven that you can reach the top 100 and top 10 with a controller.

Message 11 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4305 posts

Dec 23, 2010

HyperKat wrote:

because 2 tires are still on the curbing.........crappy I know, but also most of the top 100 times are with the $300 dollar wheel.

The playing field isn't level i'm dissapointed I got my hopes up.

Hyperkat sig

So your signiture says you have "12 confirmed laps at Nurburgring" ... Did you use a controller?

Message 12 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4305 posts

Dec 23, 2010

hondapower80 wrote:

yes, and in Rome track the guy hit the wall on the last left turn in order to slow down,no penalty and no damage

this is a real racing simulation???????#

All laps will be judged and cheaters (wall humpers - corner cutters) will be disqualified. Hopefully! 

Message 13 of 37 (8 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Dec 23, 2010

No. I used a car smart ass.

Hyperkat sig
Message 14 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Dec 23, 2010

FatLeadFoot wrote:

hondapower80 wrote:

yes, and in Rome track the guy hit the wall on the last left turn in order to slow down,no penalty and no damage

this is a real racing simulation???????#

All laps will be judged and cheaters (wall humpers - corner cutters) will be disqualified. Hopefully!

yes hopefully foot is correct.  with hard work people will cleanly beat those times don't you guys worry bout that. just simply go out there do your own laps and discover how and where you can improve yourselves. don't worry bout the other guys, and definatley don't stoop to their level either. that'll just turn this whole great experience into a big joke. i know i won't win this with the likes of a few of my friends participating, and that actually isn't the most important thing for me either. simply improving is all i care about, and what better way then going up against the elite( my friends) .........

Message 15 of 37 (8 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Dec 23, 2010

As D020262 mentioned, at least you folks get to try. Us drivers just north of the border don't even get that option. Pretty dissapointed in thier setting this up. We should at least be able to race the events but not qualify for the prizes, just to see how we stack up.infidel with print.jpg

Message 16 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 28, 2010

sorry

Surf The Asphalt
Honda Racing Black Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 17 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Dec 28, 2010

em_T_hed wrote:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5285/5284441337_3749f81fc9_z.jpg

This is from the replay of Bloombe.  Currently first on the last track of GT Academy.  How is this not a shortcut and considered a penalty in time?

I 100% agree and why I stopped doing time trials.  This picture just proves it.  Is this how Bloombe is going to race a real race car if he where to win the compitition?  Whoever reviews these replays after round one seriously needs to consider how they are allowing these people victories when they are driving off the course like this.  I don't care if two tires are barely considered on the track, this is cheap crap to get top times on the leader board.  The people who are racing clean as they should don't have a chance unless they put in laps doing crap like this picture.

These people don't deserve to win the competition, a $300 wheel, nothing.  If you're having a serious competition with the ability to win expensive prizes and to become a real race car driver, all 4 wheels need to be on the track at ALL times when doing the time trials!!  This lap from the picture above by Bloombe should be invalid!

Shame on PD and Nissian America to allow these kinds of entries!

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 18 of 37 (8 Views)
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Dec 28, 2010

I have don't think they will even look. There rules said it was all based on lap times. Nothing about reviewing the tapes for short cutters. They should consider letting the top 2000 go to the next round and put the same short cut panties they have in the online rooms and rally to keep drivers in check. And yes, I'm in the time trails too.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 19 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Dec 28, 2010

i'm rather disappointed in how this turned out. I knew something was afoot when i was seeing these time trial times got put up and thought how on earth these guys were hitting corners that fast, now I know. there really should be some kind of penalty for them or else this competition is going to quickly degenerate =[ this was fun to begin with but some of the times posted has really sucked the fun out of it for me and seeing these photos only makes me dislike this tournament even more

Message 20 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes