Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Re: GT Saturdays General Discussion

Feb 3, 2013

I believe the Daletona will be held on the 22nd. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 1691 of 2,257 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5002 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

tguns16 wrote:

I believe the Daletona will be held on the 22nd.

Huh... What?

Did someone call me? Smiley Very Happy

I better do good there! Smiley Wink

Do you mean the 23rd? (Saturday)

Message 1692 of 2,257 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Um yeah...that's what I said right...lol guess the computer re routed that 3 into a 2. Lol
Message 1693 of 2,257 (303 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Yeah what he saidSmiley Very Happy

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 1694 of 2,257 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Alright. Here is my suggestion

With the demise of the GT5 Le Mans Series, I felt the need to race these cars a little more. In addition, I wanted to showcase my best custom track: Corde.

Vehicles
  • Le Mans Prototypes

PP

HorsepowerN/A
WeightN/A
Tyre RestrictionUnrestricted
Vehicle TuningAllowed
Aero KitsN/A

Course Settings
Date / TimeCircuitLaps
TBACorde (Custom Track: Eifel)

If most people are not happy with Corde, we can do 15 laps of Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 instead

Event Settings
Start TypeNormal
Grid OrderFastest First
BoostOff
PenaltiesOff
Race Finish Delay120 sec.
Visible DamageOn
Mechanical DamageLight
Slipstream StrengthWeak
Tyre Wear / Fuel ConsumptionNormal
Grip Reduction in Wet / Off-TrackReal

Regulation Settings
Skid Recovery Force (SRF)Off
Active SteeringOff
ASMOff
Driving LineOptional
Traction Control (TCS)Optional
Anti-lock Brakes (ABS)Optional

Corde: Circuit Info

Length: 4.60 miles

Corners (GT5 count): 26

Corners (My count): 12

Corde01.png

Note: This track bio is fictional.

Corde is a very high-speed track, located in the hilly region of Predilon. The track was designed by Dr. Derpington, a scientist in motor racing. Some called him a bit crazy, but that is what defined him. Tragically, he was killed in a lab accident while his circuit was still under construction.

His family and friends will never forget his final words: "How do you make this explode?"

The original circuit was built in the late 1920's, as a response to the then-new 24 Hours of Le Mans. Corde hosted its own 24 Hour Race, which is still held annually today. In 1956, Formula 1 visited the circuit. However, after 2 drivers were killed (in seperate accidents) during the 1958 race, Formula 1 left the circuit, and would not return for more than half a century.

Due to these accidents, Corde's reputation was suffering. As a result, changes were made to the circuit in 1975. Some high-speed corners were replaced with slower bends, and full-throttle sections were shortened. Honda was the major sponsor for the renovations, which is why the slow right-hander, one of the corners added in the reprofiling, is named "Honda Corner".

Despite these changes, the track's downhill first sector remained incredibly fast. In 1993, during qualifying for the Corde 24 Hours, a Toyota TS010 blasted by the speed trap, which recorded a velocity of 406 kph (252 mph), a track record which stands to this day. Due to modern day regulations, these speeds are no longer achieved. However, modern LMP1 cars still reach 350 kph (217 mph).

In 2010, Formula 1 made its long-awaited return to Corde. The downhill first sector allowed F1 cars to reach speeds higher than even Spa or Monza; in excess of 340 kph (211 mph). The track was also the only one in the entire F1 schedule, where the cars maintained triple-digit speeds (mph) for the entire lap.

Today, Corde hosts numerous events, including the 24 Hours of Corde (World Endurance Championship), the Grand Prix of Predilon (Formula 1), and the 1000km of Corde (Super GT).

Lap guide

This is a very fast circuit, so you may want to stiffen up your suspension. Hard compound tyres are also recommended, due to the high cost of pit-stops here, and also because most of the track is done flat-out, so softer tyres will just wear down with unused grip.

The start-finish line is crossed while already near top speed. Stay to the left of the track, as to prevent crashing into someone who may suddenly come out of the pits. After you pass the pit wall, you will go over a small blind crest. This is the highest point on the track, and the beginning of the epic downhill first sector.

Your car will accelerate rapidly as you pilot your way down the slightly curved road. At the bottom of the hill, there is a sweeping right-hander. Almost all cars can take this corner flat-out. Shortly after this, you must brake for the long 180 degree right turn, known as Ganymede Turn. The turning radius becomes slightly larger near the end of this corner, allowing you to get on the throttle earlier than you may expect.

The next corner is Ghost Castle Bend, or GC Bend for short. It was named this because many drivers, made dizzy from the previous corner, would see a castle appear out of nowhere when they were beginning to turn. As you begin the corner, the camber of the road will fall away suddenly, so you need to take you apex carefully.

As you power down a short downhill strait, the road will curve left slightly. This is where the new track deviates from the old one. You need to time your braking perfectly if you want to take the next corner as quickly as possible. This is Honda Corner, the slowest corner on this track. Slow being a relative term, Le Mans Prototypes still go through this bend at up to 80 mph, and F1 cars stay above 100 mph at the apex.

When you accelerate out of Honda Corner, the road will become narrower. You will then drive flat-out through a left-hand curve. The end of this curve is where the old track rejoins the new track. The track will suddenly change direction into an even wider right-hand curve, also taken flat-out.

The next corner is where some drivers have met their end. It is known as Meteor Kink, and it is one of the most difficult parts of the track. You will downshift once or twice, before trying to time your turn-in just right. To take this corner quickly, you will want to skim the grass on the right, then clip the grass on the left. However, be careful not to get a corner cutting penalty.

You now have a short strait to relax. Before you get too comfortable, you need to get ready for Curry Corner, a long uphill-then-downhill left-hander. There are multiple racing lines you can take on this bend, because each line will set you up differently for the next corner.

The next corner is known as Bypass V, as it cuts across what used to be a hairpin corner from the old track. Although there is no problem with writing the corner's name, no one is sure how to pronounce it. Most people call it "Bypass Vee", but some say it is "Bypass Five" (V is the Roman Numeral for 5).

The next corner is a somewhat difficult right-hand sweeper, called Witch's Broom. Due to the long full-throttle section after this corner, and also because of its proximity to the start-finish line, this corner is extremely important. Not only will it make-or-break your current lap, it will also make-or-break your next lap. If you need to practice one corner, this is it.

Like Meteor Kink, you will downshift once or twice for this sweeper. You will then try to get as close to the apex as possible. However, if you even touch the grass on the left on exit, you will crash, no matter what. The difference between an amazing lap, and a terrible one, is mere inches.

Once through Witch's Broom, you are in the clear. you now have at least 25 seconds of full-throttle time ahead. Unless of course, you will be making a pit stop. Be sure to brake early to avoid a speed penalty.

-

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 1695 of 2,257 (265 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

consider it done!

op UPDATED

GO RAVENS!!!

Message 1696 of 2,257 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Awesome write up Gojet. I'm assuming you have this track on share? Can't wait to try it.
Message 1697 of 2,257 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Yes, it is shared on my GT5 account. We should probably put it on the GT_Sats account as well, for more accessibility.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 1698 of 2,257 (245 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Yea i said that in the update on the event page. I'll do it after the game tonight.

Message 1699 of 2,257 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 4, 2013

tguns16 wrote:

cr0wlft0fdmurder wrote:

Thats okay, its not the only abuse they got today. While racing on autumn ring mini my 2 year old decided to mess with the cable box and it reset itself. Had to be the most high pitch thing i have ever heard in my life, then i muted it to calm him down and turn the mic back on and said "sorry guys hope that didn't burst any eardrums." No responce. "Well i take that as a yes since no one responded" Smiley LOL

Must have been like a flashbang...everyone's ears were still ringing...buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...LOL

Now that I think of it, I did win the single race I joined. That could be because people could'nt hear any engine noise from the damage to their inner ear...although, Hey was saying he kept hearing fiji's horn blowing lol. 

LOL!!, yeah sorry about that fiji, my bad. isn'y there a way to move the horn to a different button? anyway good fun racing wit you all.

Message 1700 of 2,257 (223 Views)
0 Likes