Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: GT Saturdays General Discussion

Sep 25, 2012

hey dan.  it's all good.  I get now what you were trying to say.

as for splitting rooms, I think with a few of us unable to attend, this week will be okay without a solid proceedure in place for doing it.

we will strive to have something ironed out within the next week for that, however.

as for saturday (this week) Cipriani really wanted to run Nurburgring and Crow likes the 24hr version, so in the interest of "git-r-done" I think it's best to just run with that for the time being.  it is also a nice fairwell to the NSX RM (not that it can't come back soon) because we already ran the Nurb GT-F track so this is like that, plus a side of 13.5 mile onion rings added to it Smiley Wink

I am okay w/ rain sometime again, but my one and only experiment (you were there I think, Dan) didn't work out so well.  It was Forgetful, Cipriani, Dan, Fiji, and myself.  On the nurb no less.

I thijnk a lot of discussion and testing will need to be done before we entertain that idea again.  It would be nice if a few unmentioned fixes for the weather system were in today's new update, too!... but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed..

a;lk02koj;dlkjfl;kajdkjfd

see what happens when you try to type with your fingers crossed?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 1371 of 2,257 (332 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3513 posts

Sep 25, 2012
With time accelerated so there was night racing in the dark. In the rain. On the Nurburgring.
I was there too, but I believe I at least did not finish and may have skipped out on that one...

I did run a little practice for that one at least. Which is why I probably skipped that race... Too much for me to handle, I'm afraid.
Message 1372 of 2,257 (316 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Sep 25, 2012

OP Updated guys~

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 1373 of 2,257 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Photobucket
Message 1374 of 2,257 (291 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43960 posts

Sep 26, 2012

So, did you find similar tire selection problems as I did or did you discover something different?

Message 1375 of 2,257 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Photobucket
Message 1376 of 2,257 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 26, 2012

you guys can change the lap count if someone could do some time testing to see what would work better.

I looked at it like this... usually we do 6 laps on the regular ring, and since this is the GP track, I thought 1 less lap would be appropriate.

discuss and change if needed Smiley Happy

on tire wear if this is true ... that "it's a distance or time related issue. Any race over a certain distance or time would trigger the "endurance " model for the tires."  then I really disapprove.  That really makes me think less of them, I hate to say.  It says "ok, we're not going to make sure our physics model is top notch, we're going to put band-aid solutions on top of problems in order to make it seem more real in some instances".

BUT, like I said yesterday, this could indicate there is another update coming in the near future.  Perhaps it will fix some stuff that has just been broken.

I feel like Dan, unwilling to keep learning new tire models etc.  I'll keep playing and racing, but can't try to figure out what they're doing when it changes every few weeks.  I'll just have to take my best guess as to what to do with tuning and see what works.

"Scientifically" trying to disect the changes is proving to be too frustrating and time consuming.

Message 1377 of 2,257 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Photobucket
Message 1378 of 2,257 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 27, 2012

not a problem, Dan.

glad to hear some other things are not going as roughly as you imagined they would.

as for a day/night transition, just make sure you guys talk it over and it's okay with most of the regulars.

race length is always subject to change based on feedback from participants.  if we could get in and do a pre-race a bit quicker then a longer race is certainly a better possibility.

as for send offs... well Dan, hate to say it but we've heard that before and I for one am glad you keep coming back!

Don't ride off into the darkness just yet Smiley Wink

Message 1379 of 2,257 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Sep 27, 2012
We're his addiction lol jk. Just remember to give me back my tube of lube before you leave dan Smiley Tongue. I may try and get on tonight to see about time progression. It would be nice to drive off into the sunset as we go down that final straight on the past lap.

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 1380 of 2,257 (238 Views)
0 Likes