Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Re: GT Saturdays General Discussion

Aug 8, 2011

Sushi_Pirate wrote:

Rated,

I heard through the mod grapevine that you might not be able to host this week.  If so, let me know and I can set up the room/be the host.  Either way I'll be there this Saturday. 

-SP

We got it covered.  Thanks Sushi.  We can all still rendezvous in my lounge, just needed someone to hit the start button which anyone can do. 

Message 90 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Once the session details are posted, I'll work with you on getting a car ready if you'd like.

Though if our winner picks 20 million Ferrari's that may be a bit of a problem...

Seriously though, I have a plethora of used autos and next to new trade ins to choose from.

I'm sure we can have you stylin' in no time.

I've gotten through half the replays so far, and given the nature of Sarthe at night, it looks like I may need a refrigerator to host the art show on... Also, the extra curricular after hours stuff may have to be "brushed over", as 12 hours of replay watching and picture taking is getting close to my limit. (..meaning I want to drive, dang it..!..)

Come on now, don't be hatin'. That last replay is 48 minutes long...!

Photobucket
Message 91 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Had fun at Sarthe last weekend. I incorrectly thought that my router would hold up for the race but got kicked on lap 4 I believe. I don't think I can make the event this coming weekend. Got some golfing plans    . Have fun this Saturday.

Message 92 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Aug 9, 2011

It would be nice to know what was on call for next week. Somewhat soon. Thanks.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 93 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 9, 2011

Details for the next meet are usually posted by Tuesday late, sometimes Wednesday. Given the new "winner calls next" format and the required testing by the namee, a Wednesday deadline would seem appropriate. Until then, I plan on letting the winner bask in the glow of their success and waiting patiently for details.

Also, make sure you check the event thread, HERE for the actual posting of the details.

The powers that be are pretty good at keeping us informed.

@M3: I was thinking about the "anyone can push the button" concept... The problem is that anyone will, along with everyone else.

I don't want the responsibility myself, but I would ask for there to be a few designated people, whether appointed or chosen by the drivers to act as officials for the races. There has to be a central authority, even if for the sake of consistancy in timing of races, practices etc.

I can always tell when I'm in a good lobby because the person running it is involved and in control. It's a good thing to have and keeps the show going forward.

Anyone who was on for the after hours show can tell you what can happen when someone walks into a room and there's no clear chain of command. I won't go into specifics, but it was awkward at best...

Photobucket
Message 94 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Aug 9, 2011

Dan_Zitions wrote:

@M3: I was thinking about the "anyone can push the button" concept... The problem is that anyone will, along with everyone else.

I don't want the responsibility myself, but I would ask for there to be a few designated people, whether appointed or chosen by the drivers to act as officials for the races. There has to be a central authority, even if for the sake of consistancy in timing of races, practices etc.

I can always tell when I'm in a good lobby because the person running it is involved and in control. It's a good thing to have and keeps the show going forward.

MastrGT or the mods in attendance should be able to cover this.  Thoughts?  All I do is give enough time for people to get in the room and get laps in.  Check that everyone is ready for the pre race.  Then give 5 -10 minutes before the main race to qualify and then start main race.  I guess the main thing is just making sure everyone is present and ready.

And GoJet should have the details to me sometime soon, he was not aware of the Grand prize for this week.  I wonder what he'll come up with. 

Message 95 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 9, 2011

damn, I've been thinking of joining you guys sometime and come to find out I missed out on Evos vs STis last week!  that sucks.

if I don't go camping with friends this weekend, I'll try to join ya.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 96 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Aug 9, 2011

man i'd love to be a part of this. how long are these races?

Message 97 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45637 posts

Aug 9, 2011

It would be a good idea for someone more permanent to be set up / trained as a co-host or host.

It also would be good to have a few race combos set up ahead of time, in reserve.

Message 98 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1980 posts

Aug 9, 2011

GT Saturdays are scheduled to start at 3pm Eastern time, and the main event is normally finished around 5pm. That doesn't include the usual post-race shenanigans and/or festivities. (The Flying Vettel Brothers usually make an appearance, much to the delight of the crowd). Either check the main event listing for details, or just send a friend request to M-Tuned. He's the room host.

Message 99 of 2,257 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes