Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
1577 posts

Re: GT Saturdays General Discussion

Feb 11, 2013
Your track is a popular one, so we think that it'll get used for a GTS event again soon. Z06 RM's on Corde - Wheeeeeee!
Please use plain text.
Message 1711 of 2,116 (307 Views)
0 Likes
GT Silver
2186 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Thanks, guys! I really had no idea it was such a good track. I was anticipating some criticism, so I could try to make a better track.

If it does become a regular track, maybe it could have a better name. Corde was just a provisional name, named after Concorde (Due to the track's high-speed nature).

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 1712 of 2,116 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1979 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Thanks, guys! I really had no idea it was such a good track. I was anticipating some criticism, so I could try to make a better track.

If it does become a regular track, maybe it could have a better name. Corde was just a provisional name, named after Concorde (Due to the track's high-speed nature).

I just watched a show on "concorde" a few days ago. It explained the ups and downs of the Plane and showed the horrible crash. I wondered if you named it after that. Crazy airplane, I haven't driven the track yet. I have to give it a shot. 

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 1713 of 2,116 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 11, 2013

i was a good track, high speed, but easy to learn. i discovered early on that the toyota gtone was the fastest car by far. decided not  to use it  for that reason. used the bmw instead, at  1:36.2xx  it was a good 3+ seconds slower. the real fun was trying to race the track while sleeping. i stayed up way to late, and got up way to early. as a result i kept falling asleep at the wheel. still a fun time though.

Please use plain text.
Message 1714 of 2,116 (271 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Feb 11, 2013

OP has been updated guys. Looks like we gonna get RUF this weekend:smileytongue:

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1715 of 2,116 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
4378 posts

Feb 11, 2013

hey6541 wrote:

i was a good track, high speed, but easy to learn. i discovered early on that the toyota gtone was the fastest car by far. decided not  to use it  for that reason. used the bmw instead, at  1:36.2xx  it was a good 3+ seconds slower. the real fun was trying to race the track while sleeping. i stayed up way to late, and got up way to early. as a result i kept falling asleep at the wheel. still a fun time though.

...and I was still 1:20 behind you! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

You truly are an ALIEN hey! :smileytongue:

Proud to be a Monkey!
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 1716 of 2,116 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8348 posts

Feb 12, 2013

the alien-ism really starts to show with some guys when they get into the high-powered cars.  here's the thing.  If you give us all Nissan Leaf's, the furthest ahead anyone can be when the line around the track is so clear, is maybe 1 second.  That's a stretch even.

But when you get into LMP cars and the like, the tiny things they do better than us have much more drastic results.  In a leaf, if you hold one more MPH over the other guy, you're lucky.  In an LMP the same technique could allow you to hold 20-40mph more through a series of turns than the other guy.  Lap after lap after lap, even if you fall asleep, that will lead to a big lead...

I've written a lot about what I see in some racers as special, and the fastest of the fast seem to be able to process information faster than the rest of us.  That's the ONE biggest thing I think that can be attributed to just "raw talent" aspect of d riving.  Of course, there is so much to learn too, but that ability to process the scenery going past at high speeds, know what to do, not get nervouse, keep yiour movements smooth and deliberate.... all of that adds up.  Some can just do it far better than others.

But I will say we should probably do some more fast races so that we are all not so out of practice with it.  I know it had been a while for me...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 1717 of 2,116 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8348 posts

Feb 15, 2013

bump for tomorrow's race!

RUF 3400s (see OP of event thread for more details)

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 1718 of 2,116 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
4378 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I managed to get a 2:20.8xx this morning. Anyone else care to share their lap times? :smileyhappy:
Proud to be a Monkey!
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 1719 of 2,116 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Did 5 laps and got a 2:21.9
 photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png