Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: GT Saturdays General Discussion

Nov 26, 2012

I can explain some of that Dave.  It was partially that a few of us couldn't make our way through traffic to chase you down for the first couple laps.  us chasers were able to get clean time trial-esque laps once the traffic was spread out more, and that played a part in it.  I was much closer to your and (was it Ice?) the leading q'ing time once I was focusing and such.

thanks for a great race guys!  Peyepete had me very nervouse the last part of the race where he was slowly chasing me down, but I held on and won!

First time winning against a decent sized field in GT Sats in a very long time.

And as MGT pointed out, the two cars actually worked out great against each other.  I think Gojet would have run away with it in a Lambo (seems to be one of his favorites) if he had attended, but we did have two F40s do very well including mine.

I was concerned it would be two separate one-make races, with just the three F40s racing against each other, but I'm glad I was able to represent the prancing horse and maranello...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 1531 of 2,257 (373 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Got 2 more prancing horses for saturday. This time we are going to do an intercontinental race. 3 races from the "big 3" with the tire and fuel on very fast. Should be fun and will post tonight
 photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 1532 of 2,257 (364 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Nov 27, 2012

OP updated on the event page guys

Take note of the special notes

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 1533 of 2,257 (342 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Turned out to be a fun day with Ferrari's on 3 different tracks. 

It was funny that after I bought the F360 and gave it a whirl <pun intended> on DRC, I was sliding and spinning all over the place.  At that time, I was seriously thinking of skipping this Saturday's event since I could not control the car, but decided to buy the 458 and give it another try.  Turned out that I was trying the new car with Sports Hard instead of Racing Hard.  Pity that I did not get to try out the F360 in today's 3 races.

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 1534 of 2,257 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 3, 2012

yea, that was fun and very eventful with the VERY FAST tire/fuel option selected.

it caught a few of us by surprise and we didn't get the correct amount of fuel during first pit.

First race at DRC, I was head to head with Crow, both in 458's, and I pit at 7 of 21 laps to make it a 2 stop.  Crow stayed out for another lap.  During my pit, I didn't ask them for more fuel than they recommended.  BIG MISTAKE.  I was upset and commented that this just lost the race for me.

Crow had his mic off for the race, but I saw a very slow moving car on the back stretch and I knew he had actually run out of fuel.  That allowed me to come into the pits a little before he was leaving and I got my fuel.  But he hadn't heard us commenting about the default fuel recommendation not being adequate, so he made the same mistake I did on my first pit!  That eventually worked out with me up front by what... over a min before the end?  LOL it was crazy but fun!

At Sarthe it was even more interesting.  Too bad Crow got Disco'd, because even though many were insisting that a 1 stop was not possible, I was able to use Dakotan to draft on a lap or so, reducing throttle on the straights, and then on the last lap I was using very little throttle and telling myself, "go SLOW because while 140 on these straights might seem too slow, it's a lot faster that 50mph!"

And I was able to finish with the red sliver showing up and almost running out of fuel going across the line!

I look forward to more experiments with tire/fuel settings in the future.

Message 1535 of 2,257 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3661 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Well, I HAD tried to make everyone aware of this... LOL

Maybe people will listen to me next time. Smiley Tongue

J/K

Message 1536 of 2,257 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I remembered your warning in that pit actually, but I only clicked it up a few ticks, rather than going for close to a full tank.

I guess you just have to experience it before you really know exactly how it works...

Message 1537 of 2,257 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3661 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Yeah.

I figured my fuel needs by
"well, I just did 8 laps and have 8 liters left, so I just used 92 liters. That is about 12 liters per lap (heavily rounded up for a safety margin). If I have 7 more laps to do, I'll need at least 84 liters and have 8 already. So I better get at least 76 or so..."

edit: I did not need to do that last part, but I did.  All you need is "where do I need to put the slider past?" - 84 in this case.

Only takes a couple of seconds to do that. Helps being able to do quick math in your head though, but then it CAN be heavily rounded (and should be for safety.) Just round in the right direction, LOL.

It'll be ok to me if PD "fixes" this. But then I'm perfectly happy with it as is. It lends a bit of thinking to the race... That isn't neccessarially a bad thing.

Message 1538 of 2,257 (260 Views)
MVP Support
44527 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I worked on gas refills, a bit, for the endurance race, but never got to test it all before the real event. It was scary watching the tank get emptied, I'll tell you. Fortunately, I had lots to spare, in the end.

Message 1539 of 2,257 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 3, 2012

for that TPRA enduro, was it set to a faster fuel consumption or just normal?

what's strange is that the recommended fuel amount for the accerated settings, is far too low compared to what you'll actually need for the next stint.

It should recommend maximum fuel, and let you slide down if you decide against it.  as it is, it recommends only enough for a couple more laps...

but maximum fuel takes a VERY long time to refill.  Maybe PD should up the speed at which the refill ocurrs to make sure these races don't space the competitors out too much.  not sure.

Message 1540 of 2,257 (241 Views)
0 Likes