Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2454 posts

Re: GT Saturdays General Discussion

Aug 4, 2011

So when is the next race and who is host?

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41279 posts

Aug 4, 2011

All of the instructions are on the Saturday page linked by the first line in the top post of this thread.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3426196

Since it is a private affair, make a friend with M-Tuned, the host, or someone else who always shows up, to get into the room.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Aug 4, 2011

I have to say I always look forward to your post-race recaps with pictures.  You definitely have a great voice/tone for telling the race's story. 

-SP

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 4, 2011

@ Sushi_Pirate:

Muchly appreciated and many thanks. 

As long as the head allows, I'll continue to run something every week.

Curious as to whether you think it best to stick to a purely "reportive" style or whether I can open it up a bit.. I like to do different things, sometimes serious, sometimes very NOT serious. One of my favorite things to do is to put little stuff into the pics themselves, but I'm not sure how it will translate to GT5. There are some things you just don't want to mess with, and many of the cars we run fall into that category. I happen to get great satisfaction in knowing I slipped something by everyone in a pic without anyone seeing it. I am wondering whether anyone will balk at their favorite cars being poked at with a pointed stick or being attacked by a banana.. Or whether they'll just go along and enjoy the ride.. ?P) (..though directed @ SP, comments on this are welcomed by anyone in the group..)

@ everyone else...:

I feel I should state for the record I don't want to be the race results guy. Stats are not my thing at all. Even before all the mess upstairs I never got involved in that side of it, and when I did it got all screwed up. If the powers that be would please do what they can to make sure finishes are recorded/reported by someone? (..ie, the actual factual results post..)

I have no idea who won the first 6 lap, nor the 1st long race. I only know I was middle somewhere in that one.

Did anyone notice how far ahead Gar was in the first race...? Did he actually finish or did he drop out early...?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41279 posts

Aug 4, 2011

I seem to remember that he crossed the line.

Not sure if he waited for second at the line.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 4, 2011

That's what I thought.. He had just won and M3 was saying something about it, and then M was saying he was gone.. I dunno.

Don't say I said this, cuz I swear I'll deny ever saying it... But I actually liked the racing Saturday once I got used to the tires. They weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, and you were right about the whole thing during practice.

I'm going to work on being a bit more trusting in the future.

A bit. Not some overwhelming huge amount. Yet...

But I figure it's a start...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41279 posts

Aug 4, 2011

A series like this allows the host to make changes to the race set-up, to keep us on our toes. However, there seems to be some question as to just how much the different tires actually differ from each other, but that's something we all need to learn through experience.

All I know is that Gar529 didn't stay for the 2nd race.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Aug 8, 2011

That was a fantastic Saturday.  I hope everyone had fun.  Gojet was our winner, I think, so he has the option to create next weeks race specs.  Thanks to everyone that came out.

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Rated,

I heard through the mod grapevine that you might not be able to host this week.  If so, let me know and I can set up the room/be the host.  Either way I'll be there this Saturday. 

-SP

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41279 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Rated-M3 wrote:

That was a fantastic Saturday.  I hope everyone had fun.

Yes, lots of fun. However, my car seemed to have its crash-magnet actived because it picked off or sucked in every car it could find within range.

Some new drivers, this week, which is always a good sign.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 2,123 (526 Views)
0 Likes