Oct 01 2012
By: BennyRabbit Hekseville Citizen 373 posts

GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 - Default Tuning

3 replies 433 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

Just bought it 30min ago, then realized that the selected suspension was the 'default' one. For a racing car, I found strange, so I bought the fully customizable and look at the settings, then surprise, they are are pretty interesting. That and the LSD, but the settings of that last one are not so different than some default proposed cars.

Anti-roll bars and toe are interesting, while the springs vs the dampers too, stiff in front for the springs and harder the dampers on the rear.

I'm posting that because maybe some of you play with the controller like I do and for some adjustment, sometimes I just don't see really any improvement. So I usually start with the default settings, then set harder the springs and dampers accordingly, etc, etc. At the end, my settings are pretty similar between my cars.

Anyway, enjoyable car. Yet another GT-R but fun, looking nice and a pretty nice sound actually. I prefer it over the Honda at the moment.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Re: GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 - Default Tuning

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

Yeah I don't know why this car is set as a stock set when you buy it and then you have to add race tunning to it. It's a (24hrs of Lemans Race Car.  Key words "Race Car"!  It should have come with most of all the race tunning parts added.

Now as you staated about the settings I to use the DS3 - DualShock 3 and if your setting for in game play you have to set much simpler and for Online play., the setting are much more complex. Any way I wanted the car because of the way it looks and it's up to date with the real car.

GT5-Imagesx85.jpg

Photobucket
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)
MVP Support
44884 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

PD's suspension numbers and defaults don't have a lot going for them.

I don't think they ever did.

Strangely, some of them work out pretty well.

Some are just nonsense.

exXbox did some comparisons of the different suspensions of the three Scion/Subaru/Toyotas that they just released. Interesting... take a look at them.

Message 3 of 4 (416 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Thank's I will look at that. Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4 (407 Views)
0 Likes