Dec 16 2013
By: ch4ey First Son 3 posts

Friend's times on Time trial question...

13 replies 417 views Edited Dec 16, 2013
I was wondering if your friends time trials run shows up while u are racing? When I did the license tests my friends time and the placement of his car showed in race. Hope someone can help me! Thank you so much in advance Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 14 (417 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: Friend's times on Time trial question...

Dec 16, 2013

Yes.  One thing to note, though, is that it only loads the few names presently faster than you in the Time Trial, which as you start it for the first time, is the slowest racers in your FL.

If you beat all of them and want to see the new lines snaking across the field, then you must unfortunately exit the event and re-enter it, and then the next group of snakes will goo slithering around with you Smiley Wink

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 2 of 14 (411 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5004 posts

Dec 16, 2013
Ahh!! Now I understand. Thanks Smiley Happy

I was wondering why I would place say, 25th among my friends, but only see 8-10 lines wigglin' around in front of me on track.
Message 3 of 14 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2013

Gaa... I'm glad I only see a couple snakes. They're hard enough to catch! Smiley Frustrated

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 4 of 14 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Dec 17, 2013

This line feature is one of the BEST brand new features PD have added to GT6! It really helps you see your friends' lines comparably, something you'd never see with the ghost car method.

BTW, have you noticed that you can toggle line/ghost for JUST your car when practicing? Or doing single car TT's (like Goodwood)...

It's brilliant! You no longer get a huge car blocking your view of the corners, but can easily see if your line is significantly different to those you have taken before, and easily see whether your new line works better or worse very quickly.

I look forward to this tool teaching me MUCH more about the optimal line for most tracks.

Message 5 of 14 (345 Views)
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2013

the lines are cool, and its great to remove the ghost yet still see your previous line, I always found the ghost floating around very distracting...
and hard to see through at times.

however, if you are just a tick slower than your group of friend there is a gaggle of names floating around just in front of you also impairing your vision. While its nice to see who you're chasing down, it may be a good idea to make these names transparent when they are far enough in front to cause problems seeing the track, and only become more visible when they are close enough that you are looking past them for your braking / turn-in points .

and on that bombshell.....
Message 6 of 14 (334 Views)
Fender Bender
3249 posts

Dec 17, 2013

I forget which event it was, but there was one I had to turn the ghost and friends lines off to complete.  The were blocking my view to see clearly for a downhill right turn after cresting a hill... I think it was on Brand's Hatch.

Message 7 of 14 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 18, 2013

hello again, i for some reason can never see my friends times and they cannot see mine (or the snake)... what am i doing wrong?

Message 8 of 14 (299 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Dec 18, 2013

How do you turn your friends line's off?  I like the idea but they obstruct my view.  Thanks to anyone that can help me turn them off completely. 

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 9 of 14 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Dec 18, 2013

There's a way to toggle ghost on/off while you are racing (check the controller settings in the Options menu), and I believe this not only toggles the car ghost but your friends' lines too. Perfect for when approaching a blind crest but you can't to see the track, but instantly switchable back on once clear...

I have my ghost on/off set to down on the D-Pad (look back is up) and it seems perfect to easily switch it in and out without disturbing my steering input (DFGT).

Message 10 of 14 (284 Views)