Uncharted Territory
1940 posts

Re: Free stuff is great and all but,

Oct 6, 2012

SnakeEyes427 wrote:

Not when you have 20 things a day coming in and only 10 of them you can use or delete. Yes I know it has been said and this not not a rant as much as a cry for help from PD. I do love my museum cards however not when I have 2-5 of the same one with no realistic way to manage them. I needed to set up a GT5 acct just to send my spares too as I can not delete them down to one each. That is all any of us would want. I way to keep the clatter down so we do not hit the 4000 limit and have too off are spare paints, parts, and suits as not too get a message about not having room for new things.

If it sounds like a rant to you I am sorry but it is a plea for a delete to be added in the museum.

Jess I totally agree.  I don't care if I ever see another  museum card, horn, suit or helmlet.   I know to some these are important parts of the game but to me they are meaningless.  Go longer between sucessful races with prizes other than credits, and give me cars instead. And while you are at it PD give me the option to just delete all the suits, helmlets, cards amd horns that I have at any given time.  I like the paint chips because I repaint a lot of the cars I have, but there I would like some better way to organize them.

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 11 of 17 (275 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

greyghost2 wrote:

SnakeEyes427 wrote:

Not when you have 20 things a day coming in and only 10 of them you can use or delete. Yes I know it has been said and this not not a rant as much as a cry for help from PD. I do love my museum cards however not when I have 2-5 of the same one with no realistic way to manage them. I needed to set up a GT5 acct just to send my spares too as I can not delete them down to one each. That is all any of us would want. I way to keep the clatter down so we do not hit the 4000 limit and have too off are spare paints, parts, and suits as not too get a message about not having room for new things.

If it sounds like a rant to you I am sorry but it is a plea for a delete to be added in the museum.

Jess I totally agree.  I don't care if I ever see another  museum card, horn, suit or helmet.   I know to some these are important parts of the game but to me they are meaningless.  Go longer between successful races with prizes other than credits, and give me cars instead. And while you are at it PD give me the option to just delete all the suits, helmets, cards and horns that I have at any given time.  I like the paint chips because I repaint a lot of the cars I have, but there I would like some better way to organize them.

Now I know you're trying to be nice to PD and all...

But have horns and museum cards have ever been "important" parts of anything..?

At least you can play with horns some, but even then they have a "who cares..?" factor of 11 out of 10.

(...edit...I must admit I have read a museum card or three, but only out of tedious boredom trying to get rid of 5 of a kind...)

Companies call these "value added items". They add them because they don't that think you will think you got your $60 worth if there aren't a boat load of shiny trinkets and spinning things in your game to show just how much time and effort they put into it. And sad as it may sound, the truth is there would be that 1 guy who complains because his driver doesn't spin so he can't see the back of his B Spec driver's suit.

But in this case, we have a forum full of posts that tell PD directly, succinctly and with much love and care (...and ire and rage and just stop it already...) that their game doesn't need all this stuff. The game is good enough to stand on it's own without the gimmicks and GT TV cards and chips and spinning till you want to hurl gimmicks. 

I hope that message sinks in and GT6 finds us happy and content to be racing and driving and not sorting paint chips, worrying about trade caps, having bags full of museum "man I really wish I could mail these somewhere else" post cards and racing 16 of the same car on the track.

What's truly sad is we're almost 2 years into GT5... And this is STILL an issue.

That bothers me more than all of the trinket and spinning and card and chip related headaches put together.

___

Photobucket
Message 12 of 17 (257 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42810 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

Now I know you're trying to be nice to PD and all...

But have horns and museum cards have ever been "important" parts of anything..?

Careful, now. You might get all of those players who requested horns, for about ten years, angry at you. :smileyvery-happy:

That was one of those "be careful of what you wish for because you just might get it" things.

Message 13 of 17 (245 Views)
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Why not just have cards, chips, suits, helmets, horns, etc stack up to ONE with unlimited use and still have the ability to delete?

Message 14 of 17 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I don't get how credits get pegged at an easily attained 20M, EXP points get pegged, but the constant influx of museum cards and paint chips has a seemingly inexhaustable supply. There are so many things about GT5 that defy any logic, any explanation (I refuse to accept that being a player in Japan makes these things so much more desirable) and sinmply make one shake one's head and go 'Kaz, Kaz...., Kaz......!'

'How about spending less time on track, and more time MAKING A DECENT GAME?'

Message 15 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1909 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Suggested this before - leave all the suits, helmets, and paint chips (and rims) on a "Wall Of" format. Still leaves room for special gift or DLC stuff. I certainly agree, the museum cards an plethora of horns really have that **bleep**? feel WWTT?
Message 16 of 17 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 9, 2012

All I ever do when I get a museum card, or a helmet, or a suit, or a horn is go 'that's a coding hour they didn't spend on making an AI that can keep up with me..!'

Priorities, Kaz... Priorities!

Message 17 of 17 (165 Views)
0 Likes