Oct 05 2012
By: SnakeEyes427 Gaming Beast 2465 posts

Free stuff is great and all but,

16 replies 423 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

Not when you have 20 things a day coming in and only 10 of them you can use or delete. Yes I know it has been said and this not not a rant as much as a cry for help from PD. I do love my museum cards however not when I have 2-5 of the same one with no realistic way to manage them. I needed to set up a GT5 acct just to send my spares too as I can not delete them down to one each. That is all any of us would want. I way to keep the clatter down so we do not hit the 4000 limit and have too off are spare paints, parts, and suits as not too get a message about not having room for new things.

If it sounds like a rant to you I am sorry but it is a plea for a delete to be added in the museum.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 1 of 17 (423 Views)
Fender Bender
2967 posts

Re: Free stuff is great and all but,

Oct 5, 2012

SnakeEyes427 wrote:

Not when you have 20 things a day coming in and only 10 of them you can use or delete. Yes I know it has been said and this not not a rant as much as a cry for help from PD. I do love my museum cards however not when I have 2-5 of the same one with no realistic way to manage them. I needed to set up a GT5 acct just to send my spares too as I can not delete them down to one each. That is all any of us would want. I way to keep the clatter down so we do not hit the 4000 limit and have too off are spare paints, parts, and suits as not too get a message about not having room for new things.

If it sounds like a rant to you I am sorry but it is a plea for a delete to be added in the museum.

Naw Snake you are at least 3 or 4 clicks of adrenaline away from 'rant' status lol

I agree that the museum cards are for most, at best a distant afterthought, at worst an annoyance as its much ado about nothing clutter.

We could always go 'viva la revolution' and storm the musuem burn all the musuem cards and raize the building to the ground. Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 17 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3735 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Museum cards do not count towards the 7000 item limit.

Ignore them...

Only those things under "Items" count toward the limit.

I had the same concerns until I tested it and proved that to myself.

Hope this helps...
Message 3 of 17 (406 Views)
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Oct 5, 2012

With out cards I have 5860. 1251 of them cars.

With cards I have 7235.

I cleaned some suits and ect out last night but only 50 at the most.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 4 of 17 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I was kinda hoping that we would get an easier way to go through and delete so that it didn't take so long to manage paint chips, for instance.

the 7000 limit is probably a database table limitation, or a self-imposed limitation to keep the games menus from bogging down too much, (considering how much they bog down already) but that doesn't mean thay couldn't help us get them cleaned up easier.

Most people have more whites, reds, silvers, and blacks than they desire to have.  THey like maybe a handful of those shades.  The rest of the time they use exotic colors and ones that just look nice to them.  But the whites, reds, silvers, and blacks take up so many hundreds of slots that it takes a long time to delete them if you choose to.

the main problem from my perspective is that you must select them one by one, even though you can hold a button and rack up a bunch of items selected together in a group and then delete, you still have to select them one by one and it takes a long time.  Then, if there are 2 or more of an item, the delete process only deletes one of them.

The simplest solution might be to give us a second button on the daily login bonus pop-up that offers the option "discard".  Or to go in your Options menu and select "do not receive items from daily login bonuses".  It would be nice to still receive the payout and XP bonuses, but opt out of accepting the paint chips and museum cards.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 5 of 17 (387 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 5, 2012

nuTTTz wrote:

We could always go 'viva la revolution' and storm the musuem burn all the musuem cards and raize the building to the ground. Smiley LOL

Better yet if we can befriend an official Sony / PD person we could all regift all our excess Musem Cards every day to them Smiley Very Happy.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 6 of 17 (381 Views)
MVP Support
44751 posts

Oct 5, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

Most people have more whites, reds, silvers, and blacks than they desire to have.  THey like maybe a handful of those shades.  The rest of the time they use exotic colors and ones that just look nice to them.  But the whites, reds, silvers, and blacks take up so many hundreds of slots that it takes a long time to delete them if you choose to.

We don't need paint chips. Give us a proper colourwheel and we can make our own colours, with layering, translucency and other attributes, such as iridescence and reflectivity. Problem solved.

Message 7 of 17 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

We don't need paint chips. Give us a proper colourwheel and we can make our own colours, with layering, translucency and other attributes, such as iridescence and reflectivity. Problem solved.

Too simple... Can't pull that off with this equipment.

Though they may not count towards the cap limit, they still take up space on the HDD and have to be loaded every time you load up the game. As you accumulate thousands of these cards, that's just a bunch of storage space wasted and needless (...and pointless...) extra wear and tear on your HDD.

A couple here and there, no big deal, but to have to have 1,000 plus, many of them 4 and 5 duplicates and no way to delete them or get rid of them is just silliness.

But I would very much like the color palette options. No reason you couldn't tie the colors you get to the levels. Mattes @ 10, Color changes @ 20, Chromes @ 30 and maybe a special prismatic or some such for level 40, like the polarize colors in the DLC. Or maybe have Semi Gloss colors in there somewhere.

But... Alas. It's just too simple to do it that way.

Can't justify 1,000 man hours of work and performance issues with the PS3 unless you create a problem like the chips and cards and the spinning and spinning and spinning everything until you just want to hurl on your TV.

No. We need all these "value added features" or we just won't buy the game.

Though last I checked, I don't recall ever seeing a post like...

"If I don't get 10 free Museum Cards every time I log in I'm leaving GT5..."

I really do wish PD would fix these simple, glaring errors and be done with it.

We could all be racing and looking at their corporate ads right now...

And if anyone gets a name to send museum cards to, I'll send all mine every day all day as many as they'll let me.

As JJ says... "They can keep their stipend..."

___

Photobucket
Message 8 of 17 (345 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44751 posts

Oct 5, 2012

If you keep your account active, then you still would accumulated more chips even if you gave the daily limit away. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 17 (338 Views)
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Smiley Very Happy Some times I wonder if your memory isn't better than mine. 

After I calmed down a bit I realized that once a week I can sort my paints by name and make short work of deleting multiples, usually a half hour nets me 100 chips gone. I start with the a's one week and then the z's the next, but they can still keep it as far as I'm concerned.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 17 (310 Views)