Jan 09 2013
By: Mirminsky_Vodka First Son 9 posts

Flip your car?...More like flip my lid.

7 replies 360 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

I am trying to get this trophy and i feel like its bs. Any tips? and before you spew out some crap thats on the internet now, dont bother. I tried everything that was suggested. is damage supposed to be on? is there a car or settings that help me? As far as I can tell it seems the game compensates when you are about to flip and floats you back onto all four. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 8 (360 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44386 posts

Re: Flip your car?...More like flip my lid.

Jan 9, 2013

No need to get upset.

All you have to do is go to Trial Mountain and hit the knoll under the bridge right. Even the AI flip themselves there.

Message 2 of 8 (354 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I suppose all you really need to do is choose ANY track and try to wipe out intentionally...not sure if this is the same spot MastrGT mentioned, but a good place to try to crash is the last chicane before the main straight at Trial Mountain - enter the chicane on the left then immediately cut over to the right so that you hit the grassy hill...with the right speed/angle, you'll get enough air where you won't be able to keep your car under control and go careening toward the left-side wall. I snagged that trophy while doing the license tests...I got it on license test A-2 (Mazda Atenza at Rome). Since I was behind on my time, I simply veered toward the right immediately upon entering the last left-hand turn and slammed into the outside wall at just the right angle where I managed to flip the car. There you go...trophy had lol.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 3 of 8 (351 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Flip your car?..More like flip my lid.

Jan 9, 2013

My flip came in the Special Event Snow Rally in Alaska, the very last event. I crested the hill flat out and found my world upside down. It took me by surprise as I had no idea there was an off camber corner over the rise. What a feeling to flip at well over 100mph.

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 4 of 8 (321 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Offline.  You can only completely flip over your car offline.

While the gap between offline and online physics is now almost gone there is still at least one major difference, offline (Seasonal events, A-spec, Practice mode, etc) you can completely flip or roll your car but online (in private lounges or public rooms) the game imposes limits which it will not allow the car to rotate beyond, i.e. no flipping or rolling.

As has been mentioned, Trial Mountain has a favoured launch point just before the start / finish straight, also there's a particularly high curb on the 2nd to last corner at Madrid Mini (forward version I think) that is great for tipping smaller cars and I think is used in the K-Car seasonal event if that's still up. 

Also toward the end of the Nurburgring GP/F or GP/D tracks, as you come up that back straight you can cut across the grass before the final chicane and with the proper aim you can launch yourself off the curb at those white blocks, this can often lead to some big air and multiple flips / rolls on landing.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 5 of 8 (320 Views)
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Jan 9, 2013
IIRC it is easier w/ a premium car. I had a profile pic w/ the Challenger TC flipped w/ a joke about a turtle on his back. Smiley Wink
Dirty_Harry44
Message 6 of 8 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
492 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Easy solution to this question. I was just (for the fun of it since I'm lvl 40 in both specs) took the Range Rover Concept on the short Cape Ring track and I rolled that sucker like 6 times in 3 laps Smiley Very Happy  fun times

Message 7 of 8 (299 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Jan 9, 2013

When I got the trophy, I wasn't exactly trying to get it...I just crashed on purpose and ended up getting it by chance lol. As I mentioned, you can probably get the trophy on ANY track as others have been mentioning several great spots to attempt getting the trophy - it's just a matter of FINDING these spots lol.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 8 of 8 (269 Views)
0 Likes