Gaming Beast
2331 posts

Re: Final verdict of a race game fan for GT5

Mar 10, 2011

I'd better stop soon, but really, you don't even have to undo the clasps to get one off. Once they're freed of their load, they slip off easily enough.

Oh this is gonna get deleted for sure...

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 31 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2331 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Right. I caught my slip as soon as I posted but got lazy. Obviously, if you're racing in "race cars" they're not gong to be fitted with sports tires either, they'll probably use race hards...

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 32 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2331 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Ah... well then,  I stand corrected!

Message 33 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

Mar 10, 2011

waistedmenkey wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

these are quirks... your complaining is like complaining that a really hot chick's bra had too many claspss and didnt' come off fast enough...  sheesh

Uh... that is a HUGE problem.

LOL

You may owe me a new monitor you two!

http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gran-Tursimo-5-Bottom-Banner.jpg

Message 34 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Mar 10, 2011

HolmWrecker wrote:

You don't know anything about racing, do you?? C'mon, admit it. It's OK if you don't. Just don't be coming on here making a 'verdict'. A verdict is a basis in fact...of which you do not have.

Actually, a verdict can be one's opinion or judgment (Merriam-Webster).  The OP expressed his opinion, based on his experiences and expectations, just as many others have done in these forums.

Attacking the poster, rather than his opinions is not helpful.  You've expressed your verdict on him with no evidence to back it up.  Why do you not hold yourself to your own standards of "proof"?

Message 35 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8615 posts

Mar 10, 2011

nah, all you should need is some wet napkins or a squeegy

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 36 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
899 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Hey guys,

read some rebutes, and would like to comment.

About the imbalance in cars....

Just to clarify my point here; i don't mind there are many japanese and us cars, i just miss many classic euro cars.

About my racing experience...

i don't have any racing experience, too scared to wreck my supercharged BMW... But i do know a bit about tuning and this is the part that is disappointing. The ability to tune is of course fantastic, but the implementation of the algorithms for the performance gains by various tuning parts are an abolute joke. And where's the water/methanol kits ? Where's the nitrous ? What happend to camshafts, pistons , rods, lowering compression and turbo boost control ?

Most races have balance in the cars entering the contest, the winner should be decided by driving skill, not budget or turbo size.I expect the game to be challenging by itself, and not by figuring out how i can make it challenging....

About the simulation vs arcade....

This game is pretty good, but why didn't they also match the sounds coming from the engine ? I find this is a very important factor, because you have to listen to an engine sound in a racing game. If you buy a shooter game, your M16 shouldn't sound like a rubber duck either !

About the menu ....

I find myself wasting a lot of time waiting on the menu to change or hhaving to quit the pre-race screen , just because i didn't fit this particular with the right tires.... Just an unnecesary nuisance that should have been picked up by the developers or beta testers.... Why is the loading so damn slow ? And why so many buttons to press in tuning ?

... And bras ....

Practice makes perfect !

PS: Hi Krazydl ! Maybe i'll get online once more with RR7, but i know i have no chance against you with that game... Mad fun though !

Greetings,

dub

RR7 is the best racing game out there (and the first for PS3, go figure)
Namco has no customer service
GTA 4 is a disappointment -great potentional but the controls are awful; replay is tedious
CODmw2 is the best game i've played on PS3 so far
GRiD would be great, but i can't invite PSN buddies ! How lame can it get ?
Treyarch > Infirnity Ward when it comes to designing online game hosting for COD. CODW@W works better for me than CODmw2 online.
Sony and online, in game chatting sucks major balls
Message 37 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 10, 2011

this game was good in feb. but since trade restrctions..and one gift per ps3 (my bro cant gift anymore).. IT SUCKS

those high payout races bought a car or two but, I NEED MORE $$$,, last few races are lame at BEST...

Message 38 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Mar 10, 2011

Gotcha...good luck on your endeavors friend!

Photobucket
Message 39 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Mar 10, 2011

i thought the internal engine component upgrades were managed by the engine stages. their discription talks about adjustments to those things i think. kind of dissapointing you can undo them if you want.

Message 40 of 47 (9 Views)
0 Likes