Jan 14 2013
By: cantsteer Monster Hunter 42 posts

Ferrari seasonal event- am I missing something here?

6 replies 1112 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

I've been running this one, repeatedly. I mean, a 330 P4 as a prize, what's not to like? You can even get it without spending [i]all of the credits![/i] this way. Unfortunately, there's something about it that's different, at least in some of the races. The format puts me at a disadvantage from the outset in all of them, but I have scraped together a couple of second place finishes so it's theoretically possible in some of the events, but in others, the Trial Mountain race and the Tuscany race, whatever I'm doing even in the races where I get close to a podium spot doesn't seem to be working- I find myself down 20-30 seconds after the first lap, and passing the 10th and 11th lap backmarkers only on the fourth lap or so. I'm using cars as fast as the regulations allow- first a 458 Italia tuned to 580 pp, then an Enzo detuned to 580 pp. Added limited slip differentials and the fully-customizable suspension tune on both. But that just doesn't seem to get me past anyone. Now I know that since I'm posting on the web the only people who'll reply will be people who aced every race on their first try but it still feels like there's something different to make things harder, at least at Trial Mountain and the Tuscany rally circuit. Any advice? I'm thinking it might be better just to straight up buy the 330 P4 now, I keep bumping into the credit limit as it is.

Message 1 of 7 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45123 posts

Re: Ferrari seasonal event- am I missing something here?

Jan 14, 2013

This is not an easy challenge, so some of the individual races may give you more trouble than you want.

I just took the 599 and tried to get one lap in on Trial Mountain. I never got to the first tunnel. I took the 458 Italia and was on second place's bumper, at the finish, so you are in a good car.

Trial Mountain and the custom tracks have tricky elevation changes, so adjust your car accordingly. You can have my 458 tune if you really need it, but it is unrefined, at best.

Message 2 of 7 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

I used a 458 Italia tuned to 580pp for every race, and got so good at the Trial Mountain race that I could detune it down to around 535pp and make 1.4m per race.

What I did was do all weight reduction, chassis reinforcement, all drivetrain mods and a fully customizable transmission. I bought all the aero mods available and cranked the downforce as high as it would go, then set the final drive gear to 5.300. Then do an oil change and add weight ballast until it's back down under 580pp, shift the weight ballast to -50 for better weight distribution and run it. I think my LSD is set to 8/14/16.

You'll need to run about a 1'32.0xx lap time over the 5 laps to beat the Enzo on Trial Mountain. With the car set up as I described, I was getting 1'28.0xx laps and sometimes cutting down to 1'27.xxx's by jumping the final corner which is why I experimented with detuning it heavily to make more money. For Toscana, you'll just need to run the track a few times and learn where you can and can't push it, but I didn't change any settings between courses. Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 7 (1,089 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I used a Ferrari 430 Scuderia tuned to 580pp and won fairly easy.

Message 4 of 7 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Jan 16, 2013
excellent suggestions. i feel like i'm driving a r/c car.
2 PS3's owned, as this is the ultimate Gaming/Entertainment Experience!
Favorite PS3 game: COD4
COD4 Prestige 1 Level 55, Kill/Death Ratio 0.98
LOVE the M4, MP5 & all LMG's (have Blue Tiger on SAW & RPD)
Currently Playing: COD 4 & Resistance. Can't wait for Killzone 2 and Resistance 2. Major Disk Space used, close to 50 Gb.
Message 5 of 7 (1,024 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Retry the Farrari 599 I ran mine through the whole challenge and had a few bumps in the road but was able to complete the challenge without a whole lot of trouble.  Here are the settings I used.

Body and chassis --- carbon hood  /  chassis reinforcement  / aero  16 / ballast 200kg / ballast position 30 rear.

Engine                    --- ecu tuning / stage-2  tune-up / power 100%.

Intake system        --- standard manifold / standard air filter.

Exhaust                   --- standard exhaust / standard catalytic converter / titanium semi-racing exhaust.

Turbo                       --- none.

Transmission        --- upper top speed.)  221.

1.)  4.519

2.) 3.197

3.) 2.403

4.) 1.888

5.) 1.551

6.) 1.331

Final gear.)  2.758   /  lower top speed  143

Drivetrain               ---  clutch (single plate) / flywheel (semi-racing) / adjustable LSD / carbon driveshaft.

suspension          ---  fully customizable 

--  ride height                 -8  (front)      0    (rear)

-- spring rate                 7.0 (front)     8.8 (rear) 

-- damper ext.                 5   (front)      5   (rear)

-- damper compress.    5  (front)      5   (rear)

wheel align            ---  camber angle          0.8   (front)    1.0   (rear)                                                        toe angle                 0.00 (front)   0.00 (rear)                 brakes                    ---       6  (front)         7 (rear)                tires                         ---  sport soft    front and back       try these settings out they really helped me maybe they will help you as well.    The final product should be around 579 performance points at around 772 hp.             

Message 6 of 7 (1,001 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

I just beat all the non-course-maker events with an almos...

Jan 17, 2013

I just beat all the non-course-maker events with an almost stock 599 right out of the dealership.   Brakes 3/1 (more realistic than PDs 5/5), Sports Softs (they're allowed), TCS off (do not want), no other changes (well okay it had red wheels).   552pp after post-use oil change (so 445 or so while I was in it).  Hardest non-Toscana was probably GP/D but I cost myself a few seconds with a quick spin there.  Could potentially do the Toscana one with that car, but my best single lap over two races was 2'01.9 and it looks like I'd need four of those and a good lap 1 to get to the Enzo, so I switched to a 458 (lightened, race suspension and diff equipped, stock-engined) to gold that one.

OP make sure you're on the allowed Sports Softs instead of the default S-Hards.  I found Trial Mountain the easiest one (the AIdiots are extra slow there), so if an overlooked tire upgrade doesn't fix you up then I'm thinking you picked your handle for a reason. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 7 (966 Views)
0 Likes