Aug 17 2013
By: TRLWNC Treasure Hunter 5442 posts

Ferrari convention?

4 replies 270 views Edited Aug 17, 2013

I just saw something interesting. I was headed somewhere and saw a Ferrari. "Neat", I thought. "Don't see those often!"

Then, there was another, and another, and ..... There were between 20 and 25 all told. Mostly red, with a couple of black, white, and one yellow Dino (!!!)  tailing up the end.

That's a few million in cars driving down the road! Wonder what was going on!

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 5 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Re: Ferrari convention?

Aug 17, 2013

I see a few occasionally around here, along with many Porsche's and various others.  Lambo's are fairly rare here, but they're out there. I saw a Lotus Exige a couple weeks ago.

Oddly, two of my favorite Japanese supercars, the GT-R and the NSX, I have NEVER seen here. 

Just last night at the gas station on the way home from work, there was an M3 and an RX-8 in the lot.  Truthfully though, this is Mustang country.  You can hardly blink without seeing one here.

Pretty cool you saw that many Ferraris at once though!  That is rare indeed!

Message 2 of 5 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Aug 17, 2013
I saw that some years ago on my way to Santa Cruz (Ca.) The highway (17) was fast & windy (wine-dee, not win-dee Smiley Very Happy) so I didnt get a chance to really look at them. Mustve been 20-30 of 'em. You see Harleys do that all the time Ferrari, not so much.
Dirty_Harry44
Message 3 of 5 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Ok here in hammond I see there's a Met. Green 2002 lotus elise that I have run across at our local hobby shop. Here in down town hammond there a guy with a Ferrari 355 GTS. I have see so may porsches of all types here that, I'm sick of seeing them!, but once I saw a (Porsche) at the local Racetrack gas station an it had a RUF emblem. So that was a first seeing a Ruf 996.  Any way that's what I have seen.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 5 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Aug 18, 2013

You can watch YouTube videos of "super car" car shows and 'gatherings', cruises, etc.  Those kinds of car shows and cruises do exist, usually in popular towns/cities where the wealthy live, California, Florida, etc.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 5 of 5 (206 Views)
0 Likes