Jan 28 2011
By: ozlooper Monster Hunter 45 posts

FGT in A spec 24 hour race?

7 replies 50 views Edited Jan 28, 2011

I've been using the FGT in B spec Le Mans and as night arrived I noticed that it has no headlights. This doesn't appear to bother my B spec driver at all, but my eyes can't see anything some of the time.

I've got a way to go before I get there in A spec (level 32), but I was wondering if has anyone done it? What cars do you recommend?

Message 1 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Re: FGT in A spec 24 hour race?

Jan 28, 2011

The X1 has headlights.

Message 2 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11457 posts

Jan 28, 2011

ozlooper wrote:

I've been using the FGT in B spec Le Mans and as night arrived I noticed that it has no headlights. This doesn't appear to bother my B spec driver at all, but my eyes can't see anything some of the time.

I've got a way to go before I get there in A spec (level 32), but I was wondering if has anyone done it? What cars do you recommend?

i;m not there yet, but someone posted the other day to change the exposure (brightness) and you can see a lot better. just pause the game while driving & go to the quick options and turn it up all the way, or as much as you want to.

Message 3 of 8 (50 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 28, 2011

I don't know that much about formula racing, but I realized when using the FGT in the Dreamcar champ (not the first time, I got gold with something legit the first time) and when I was on the Ring in the rain, it drove like crap.

I realized that Formula cars probably never race in the rain, and that's why.  They probably also don't run at night.  Makes sense if you think about it.  Way too dangerous.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 4 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
277 posts

Jan 28, 2011

F1 cars are actually set up to run in rain with rain racing tires. Indy (USA version of F1, and that isn't the current name, I think it is IRL cars now) cars do not run in rain even on road courses. I've not seen a Indy car race at night, but NASCAR does run at night on courses that light up. So the no lights on the FGT make sense, but with rain tires, it should still handle decently.

Message 5 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jan 28, 2011

My question is why are you using the FGT for the 24hr race ?

Message 6 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Jan 28, 2011

correct f1 races in the rain all the time. as for night races, they only happen on very well lit tracks, and very few of those happen as well.

now to answer the first question. trying to run the 24's without headlight is just not going to work. you'll never win if you can't see where you're going.

Message 7 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 28, 2011

make sense, the clarification that tracks are usually lit for formula races and nascar.  They probably would never run the Ring over night or in the rain

regarding not seeing anything in a 24hr race with no lights... what if you know the Ring like the back of your hand and you can see it when you close your eyes anyways?  Sometimes doing some of the challenges in GT on teh Ring makes you feel like it is possible hehe

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 8 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes