Oct 06 2012
By: StrayBullet Splicer 68 posts

Extremely Slow Loading Time

8 replies 1044 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

Lately I've noticed when I turn GT5 on, the game loads slower and slower. I do not have the opening movie turned on. After the disclaimer and the saving data are displayed I get a long pause with the GT logo before the main menu eventually pops up.

Also once I enter GT "Life" mode I get another long pause before my daily pop ups for Paint, museum cards, etc. Lastly when racing either online or a-spec, my "Driving Options" menu take a lot longer to pop up. This has caused me to miss a few shuffle races once the 30 second timer starts.

I have cleared cache a few times with no results. Aside from reloading I don't know what else to do. I have maybe 50% garage capacity, about 2200 paints and not very many other items. (I keep the inventory low and gift everything else out).

One other thing. I have a friend in friends list that hasn't signed on the network for a few months. As a joke I have been sending him five museum cards a day. So when he comes back he will have probably 1000 gifts but they will all be museum cards. LOL But could this be causing a back up of data on my end costing me network bandwidth? Or something?

Any info would be helpful!

Message 1 of 9 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
45095 posts

Re: Extremely Slow Loading Time

Oct 6, 2012

I don't have a simple remedy for your loading times problem, but read through the Help post linked in my signature.

I think your gift box is capped at 50 pieces, so his may be full now and your gifts are disappearing into the ether.

Message 2 of 9 (1,037 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 6, 2012

if it's mainly in the past day, then I would chalk it up to poor network performance on teh GT5 end of things...

especially because you report having to wait a long time to get the login bonus screen to popup.  it has to connect wit hthe server to figure out how many days you are consistently on to decide what the bonus should be.

be paitent, as they are apparently trying to fix it right now...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 3 of 9 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I originally thought that it was all the replay videos I kept, thus large GT5 profile file size, resulting in long loading time.

LOL....Must be all that driving of fast cars making us less patience.

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,000 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Thank you folks for the intel. I will be patient until the network issues are worked out to see if this helps.

Message 5 of 9 (994 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Oct 8, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

if it's mainly in the past day, then I would chalk it up to poor network performance on teh GT5 end of things...

especially because you report having to wait a long time to get the login bonus screen to popup.  it has to connect wit hthe server to figure out how many days you are consistently on to decide what the bonus should be.

be paitent, as they are apparently trying to fix it right now...

This.

Also, gamesave size does affect loading time a bit, as it loads both that and one of the scenes at the same time.  Replays shouldn't affect it (I didn't notice any difference when I once deleted about 100 of them at once).

Try booting with your PS3 unplugged/disconnected from your home network to see how fast it can be without any networking issues (yours or GTs).

Message 6 of 9 (940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Install an SSD drive.

Message 7 of 9 (885 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Toyzri wrote:

Install an SSD drive.

Installing a solid-state drive wouldn't provide much more of a benefit than a hard drive. The difference, if any, would be about one or two seconds, albeit quite minimal.

- Grundberg    (PS4 owner since November 2014)

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 8 of 9 (870 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 18, 2012

actually some people installed an SSD in their PS3's back when GT5 loaded even slower than it does now, and reported significant gains.

but that does not mean it will fix the OP's particular problem, because it could very well have been related to the recent sluggishness in the game.

BTW, the game online and off has been running great for me lately, so I think they've all but fixed it.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 9 of 9 (849 Views)
0 Likes